Gearing up for UVHM

#1shingo fanPosted 7/13/2013 6:08:48 PM
Just started UHVM with my Siren and I have two questions:

1) Any recommendations for gear? (yes, I know about the necessity of slag in this mode, you don't need to remind me)

2) Should I bother with the DLC in TVHM to prepare or should I just focus on UVHM?
---
Question: What is with the internet's love of hyperbole?
#2shingo fan(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 8:36:36 PM
First and only bump.

(I'll probably sort it out myself if there aren't any replies)
---
#3zeldafaneightPosted 7/13/2013 8:45:26 PM
The number 1 piece of advice I can give you is to not try to power through with your level 50 gear (there are a few exceptions to this ie. slagga). If you're not following a cookie cutter build then you may find it helpful to respec if you're having trouble.

The DLC will help you get some decent xp but that will only help you in the skill point department as all the gear you get will be pretty obsolete as you level up
---
GT: vI DISTURBED Iv (capital i not l)
#4shingo fan(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 8:56:45 PM
Equipment goes obsolete that quickly in UVHM? Yikes.
---
#5Irvine TomoePosted 7/13/2013 9:03:26 PM
Except for abnormally good items (the abnormally good thing being a special feature, not a high damage/shield capacity, etc), I found that most equipment became horribly outdated every 2 levels.

For instance, using purple elemental SMGs, I had a 1k per shot fire SMG at level 50, 4k per shot at 55, 8k per shot at 59, and 12k per shot at 61. Shields are even worse. The highest shield I saw farming for them at level 58 was around 150k, while at 61 I found a 275k one.

The number inflation is insane at that level.
---
Pokemon White Friendcode - 2193-7011-1635
BEEP BEEP RICHIE!
#6zeldafaneightPosted 7/13/2013 9:06:41 PM
Your legendaries will last till about 55 but by then you should have docs orders and will be able to farm LLM for some higher level gear. But yes gear goes obsolete quickly even my norfleet struggled to get me second winds at 55+
---
GT: vI DISTURBED Iv (capital i not l)
#7OtzegaPosted 7/13/2013 11:24:13 PM
Slag is your best friend, a magic missile grenade mod is amazing for UVHM. Allowing you to slag everything with ease and not have to worry about weapon slot. The Magic Missle can be found off Sorcerer enemies in Tiny Tina's DLC. Also a Casual Swordsplosion!!!! is amazing!! I had a lvl 50 version that lasted me to lvl 57. But generally around 55 you do not want anymore lvl 50 items.
#8xboxBUNZILLAPosted 7/13/2013 11:28:29 PM
Otzega posted...
Slag is your best friend, a magic missile grenade mod is amazing for UVHM. Allowing you to slag everything with ease and not have to worry about weapon slot. The Magic Missle can be found off Sorcerer enemies in Tiny Tina's DLC. Also a Casual Swordsplosion!!!! is amazing!! I had a lvl 50 version that lasted me to lvl 57. But generally around 55 you do not want anymore lvl 50 items.

Dude straight up said he didn't do any dlc.
Way to read the original post.
---
Some of yall have as much of an opinion as inanimate objects.
#9matt-nicklinPosted 7/14/2013 12:04:27 AM
I found using plasma casters as the siren really helpful, I used some golden keys its the best place to get them, and combine that with a mod that does 98% extra smg damage really helps.

Also using phase lock is really helpful for crowd control, especially if you have the the point that pulls them together.
---
Black FC 2924 3613 2338
#10shingo fan(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 8:03:11 AM
Looking at the responses, I'm guessing Gearbox assumed everyone was fully geared up and everything when they put out the UVHM DLC :/

Also, what's a good source of slag for this mode? I already have Ruin+Converge, but I'd like something on standby while Phaselock is on cooldown. I'm currently running a slag Rubi, if that helps.
---