Wow... that was... messed up. (Tiny Tina DLC Spoilers)

#1DigiDude77Posted 7/13/2013 10:51:52 PM
We finally reached the second to last area, and a few steps in, realized the prisoner we needed to save was Angel.

So we get to her, and save her... only to have her turn into a giant spider person and try to kill us, forcing us to murder her in return.

Was I the only one so sad and slightly pissed off at Tina for making us kill Angel? ;_; I know she blames Angel for his death, but really, the only one she should blame is Handsome Jack. As if not for Angel, Roland would have been dead long ago when the bandits caught him.

...at least that scene proves Tina knows Roland is dead.
---
Pokemon SoulSilver: ~*Friend Code: 1462-8550-1166 Name: Fyn*~
Pokemon White: ~*Friend Code: 0647 5616 2276 Name: Myzou*~
#2GujinKamiPosted 7/13/2013 10:56:54 PM
Keep playing.
---
~Gujin
http://i.imgur.com/GXFnB14.jpg http://i.imgur.com/ZjREIw7.jpg http://i.imgur.com/WOl2yVS.gif
#3poetictalentPosted 7/14/2013 1:01:14 AM
" I TOLD YOU TO PUNCH HER!! "
---
Just 'cause I'm cool, you shouldn't take my kindness for weakness
#4JkickitPosted 7/14/2013 1:25:11 AM
poetictalent posted...
"I TOLD YOU WE SHOULDA PUNCHED HER! I TOLD YOU!"

*Fix'd.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qfsbZAm.png -- GT: Gears of Wario
Now Playing: Borderlands 2/Battleblock Theater/Gears 3
#5SinisterBladePosted 7/14/2013 6:14:55 AM
Jkickit posted...
poetictalent posted...
"I TOLD YOU WE SHOULDA PUNCHED HER! I TOLD YOU!"

*Fix'd.

LMAO. I was laughing so hard on that part. And any part where theres a specific option saying "punch"
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#6Irvine TomoePosted 7/14/2013 8:38:40 AM
DigiDude77 posted...

Was I the only one so sad and slightly pissed off at Tina for making us kill Angel? ;_; I know she blames Angel for his death, but really, the only one she should blame is Handsome Jack.

Remember: Tina is a 13 year old girl. Worse, she is an emotionally underdeveloped 13 year old girl with issues of loss, denial, and repression, who functions on the level of a 8 or 9 year old spouting pseudo-ebonic/modern slang jargon intermingled with cutesy childlike speak. As much as we love (or hate) the mostly humor oriented Tina, she is a horribly damaged girl.

That being said, it isn't surprising she blamed Angel. While WE know Angel was being manipulated, and Lilith even says she wasn't so bad (Lilith, who hated her so much before!) Tina isn't really capable of understanding that. To her, she is the bad woman who took away her Knight. Handsome Jack is the villian, and she knows that, but understanding levels of grey like the one that Angel is in is very difficult for younger individuals to comprehend, especially emotionally damaged ones, and even more so with ones who have experienced a loss.

That was way more indepth than I had planned, but yeah . . . don't hold it against her. The entire DLC is her way of mourning his death and acting out revenge as well as honoring those she lost. It is going to be a little out of touch with reality. This is actually why I loved the DLC so much.
---
Pokemon White Friendcode - 2193-7011-1635
BEEP BEEP RICHIE!
#7DigiDude77(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 1:56:56 PM
GujinKami posted...
Keep playing.

We're done now. Not sure why you said this.

The whole moment where Tina breaks down was depressing as crap, but I still can't forgive her for making us kill Angel.

And I know she's 13. But if she was told Angel had been captured and controlled against her will for most of her life, she of all people should know better.

Then again, it's possible Lilith and them didn't tell Tina about that fact.
---
Pokemon SoulSilver: ~*Friend Code: 1462-8550-1166 Name: Fyn*~
Pokemon White: ~*Friend Code: 0647 5616 2276 Name: Myzou*~
#8IcrossfireIPosted 7/14/2013 2:13:21 PM
Why does this even affect you? I didn't think twice about it..I had to actually go on youtube just to find out what part this was because I completely forgot. Who cares what happened, its a videogame and if you can't
"forgive" a videogame character then you are the one with issues, not tiny tina.
---
cR Crossfire
#9Gun SagePosted 7/14/2013 2:22:46 PM
IcrossfireI posted...
Why does this even affect you? I didn't think twice about it..I had to actually go on youtube just to find out what part this was because I completely forgot. Who cares what happened, its a videogame and if you can't
"forgive" a videogame character then you are the one with issues, not tiny tina.

So you don't watch movies or read books either I take it.
---
#10EX_Cirnochao222Posted 7/14/2013 2:27:32 PM
DigiDude77 posted...
And I know she's 13. But if she was told Angel had been captured and controlled against her will for most of her life, she of all people should know better.

Do you think that'd make it better?

She's a little girl who already had to go through losing her parents to Hyperion, and now she lost someone else very important to her due to them.

It doesn't matter what circumstances led to it; hell, it doesn't even matter that without Angel, Roland probably would have never even met Tina, the fact is that Angel was indirectly responsible for Roland getting murdered. That is going to screw with an already emotionally unstable child.

She's already denying Roland's death in her B&B game, there's no way she's going to simply accept that the cause of his death could have been a good person.