Is there anything I need to know before starting tvhm and uvhm?

#1DougEInstructorPosted 7/15/2013 11:53:51 AM
I think someone said something about doing the side quests last for some reason? I don't remember where that post was or if they were talking about tvhm or uvhm or both. Why would you do that?
#2Irvine TomoePosted 7/15/2013 11:58:56 AM
- Many side-quests grant rewards at your current level. If you take the quest at a higher level, the equipment granted is a higher level.
- Many of the unique weapons from these quests are amongst the best and/or most exploitable guns for various builds in the game.
- Finally, loot after about level 30 starts to scale up in terms of stats at an extreme rate, so that a level 40 item is completely useless after level 45.

So the idea is that you do the quests later, when the items can be more powerful, rather than earlier. Especially so in UVHM, so that you can get max level 61 items that will never become outdated.
---
Pokemon White Friendcode - 2193-7011-1635
BEEP BEEP RICHIE!
#3DougEInstructor(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 12:13:52 PM
What are the most useful quests? Is the wildlife preserve with the 4 robots that pop out of the box a good place to farm for weapons in tvhm and uvhm? I got a few oranges there when I was playing in regular mode but the weapons stayed at level 20 even though I was level 24 already. Is the level of the items you receive determined by what level you were at the time you accepted the quest?
#4DougEInstructor(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 12:19:48 PM
Also do I get better drops from the bosses in these modes? I've been farming Son of Mothrakk for a long time for some skins/heads and he has dropped nothing but white and green stuff will I have better luck in tvhm and uvhm?
#5xboxBUNZILLAPosted 7/15/2013 12:22:21 PM
DougEInstructor posted...
Also do I get better drops from the bosses in these modes? I've been farming Son of Mothrakk for a long time for some skins/heads and he has dropped nothing but white and green stuff will I have better luck in tvhm and uvhm?

Nope.
Random is random dude.
Actually it will probably be harder for you, considering youll probably have really trash gear.
---
Some of yall have as much of an opinion as inanimate objects.
#6trakrunr4evrPosted 7/15/2013 12:27:59 PM
Yes, the midgets in the wildlife preserve seem to drop a lot of rare items. For me it seems to be mostly relics.

As for the increased drop rates: No, I don't think there are increased drop rates on rare items in these modes.
---
GT: Stelthmastr
#7Irvine TomoePosted 7/15/2013 12:29:57 PM
DougEInstructor posted...
What are the most useful quests? Is the wildlife preserve with the 4 robots that pop out of the box a good place to farm for weapons in tvhm and uvhm? I got a few oranges there when I was playing in regular mode but the weapons stayed at level 20 even though I was level 24 already. Is the level of the items you receive determined by what level you were at the time you accepted the quest?

In normal mode, enemies don't scale with your level. Sometimes quests will scale to your level at the time of accepting them, but 5 levels later, they will still be the same level as when you accepted it. A few locations will get "updated" to a higher level based on story progress, but it isn't based on you but approximate level.

In TVHM, enemies do not scale with you just like Normal, but when you BEAT it, they scale up to about 50ish. The DLCs have a tendency to "scale" at whatever level you started at, and then progress gradually from there. So if you start a DLC at level 35, it will start at 35 and shift up to maybe 38 by the end, even if you have since leveled to 45.

In UVHM, enemies scale to the highest level character in the game at all times.

So for TVHM, you want to wait until you beat it so all the items are around level 50, unless you want them early. In UVHM, you want to wait until you are level 61.

As far as best quests, the Rubi is often considered one of the very best guns (though I hate the thing), from the Rakkaholics quest. Certain builds are very reliant on the Flame of the Fire Hawk shield. You would have to get more input though, I don't usually use the quest weapons that much.
---
Pokemon White Friendcode - 2193-7011-1635
BEEP BEEP RICHIE!
#8DougEInstructor(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 12:39:38 PM
Sorry I'm a bit confused here for TVHM when you say beat it do you mean the entire story campaign are you saying when that happens all the side quests will be level 50 regardless of my level? I'm level 35 right now will I be 50 by the end of the story campaign. Will merely accepting a quest lock the items at leve 35? I'm scared of accidentally accepting a quest with a good item and having it locked at a low level.
#9CaptainWolfPosted 7/15/2013 5:19:48 PM
You should be Lv 50 by the time you finish the TVHM story if you take your time and do a sidequest or two. Not sure if things will go up to 50 if you aren't by then.

And yes, a quest you accept at Lv 35 will still give you a Lv 35 reward, even if you're Lv 50 when you turn it in.
The only quests you'll really want to save for max level, though, are ones that give you Blue rarity rewards, the final quest in Lilith's "Firehawk" questline, and one quest in Sawtooth Cauldron with a Green pistol reward. The treasure map one, if you remember it.
---
I once shot an elephant in my pyjamas,
now I'm wanted for poaching.
#10Oni_TatsujinPosted 7/15/2013 7:11:44 PM(edited)
There will be more enemy types you need to deal with, like armored (green health) psychos.

You're going to want to keep a variety of elemental weapons around to deal with each enemy. You won't be able to get away with using the wrong element for the enemy any more. Also, Slag is pretty much needed to deal with Badasses.

Edit: Oh, and don't worry about saving side-quests until you reach level cap to get the best unique rewards. Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode lets you reset the story as many times as you want, so you can get as many unique quest rewards as you like... though, this takes a while to do because you need to progress far enough in the main quest to do this...
---
The SAFE was slain in battle. A great flaming nautical pyre carries it off to VAULTHALLA.
www.youtube.com/user/Terrafuror - Gimme a view, sweet cheeks ;)