Despite the nerf, is the Bee & CC still a good combo?

#1SSBBrulzPosted 7/16/2013 8:10:56 AM
So far I was lucky enough to get the bee shield. So now I was looking into farming to get the CC. But with the nerf I was thinking if its even worth it? If not, are there better combos I should try to get?
#2tabrissPosted 7/16/2013 8:20:43 AM
interfacer > conference call imo it deals out more dps
#3charon78auPosted 7/16/2013 8:20:48 AM
Short answer - no. If you want bugged damage, try a Sandhawk or a Pimpernel with the Bee. Both are quest rewards in the Pirates DLC.

Full auto weapons are just as good with the Bee as they always were. A CC with a Bee will do more damage than a CC without, but you only get the amp damage shared between all the pellets, rather than applied to each individual pellet.
---
(Im)mature Aussie gamer. Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78
#4ToughGuy5394Posted 7/16/2013 8:21:12 AM
Awesome damage output. The only thing better with bee other than the cc would be the sandhawk in pirate dlc. It still kills, but the bee got major nurfed in terms of shield delay. To the point its unusable. You get hit once and your screwed. Personally id rather have a sham or evolution shield for top protection. But hey your choice what to play with. Bee is great for co opin when your not center attention.
---
GT: Gears of Love96
#5Dreadsword101Posted 7/16/2013 8:26:44 AM
No, not really. One of the things the nerf did was cause amp damage to be divided among the projectiles of weapons that fire multiple projectiles. So using the CC (and any other multi-projectile weapon) with the Bee won't do that much bonus damage. You're better off using weapons that fire a single projectile with the Bee.

However, there are exceptions to this. One such example is the Sand Hawk.
#6imthestuntmanPosted 7/16/2013 10:17:59 AM
ToughGuy5394 posted...
Awesome damage output. The only thing better with bee other than the cc would be the sandhawk in pirate dlc. It still kills, but the bee got major nurfed in terms of shield delay. To the point its unusable. You get hit once and your screwed. Personally id rather have a sham or evolution shield for top protection. But hey your choice what to play with. Bee is great for co opin when your not center attention.

This so much. I was playing uvhm last night with buddies never dying with my bee. Get on today and i go down a lot more by comparison. Switched to a different shield and was back to normal.
---
3DS friend code: 3351-4318-2333. Town: Arula.