Mechromancer? Why's it good?

#1doughnutmanPosted 7/23/2013 4:05:12 PM(edited)
So my friend was trying to tell me that mechromancer is stronger than every character. His reasoning for this was "you can shoot walls and hit people." and "deathtrap is op." I don't even see why though. Can someone explain to me why my friend would think those two skills make the mechro stronger than everyone? Because it didn't seem like the 50% chance to shoot off walls was worth it, just seems like a compensation for it's lack of accuracy for anarchy stacks.
---
Gamertag: ArsenicJoker
#2zeldafaneightPosted 7/23/2013 4:19:48 PM
The 50% damage reduction isn't very apparent until the higher levels and its definitely made to be a buff for the reduced accuracy from anarchy. Deathtrap is really good for the first two playthroughs if you invest skill points into him. It is a bit depressing when you lose your anarchy stacks and are no longer running around leaving a trail of destruction.
---
GT: vI DISTURBED Iv (capital i not l)
#3doughnutman(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 4:23:22 PM
But what about in uvhm? It just seems like the skill trees are kinda too spread out or something like they should be re organized. And it's too anarchy based. I don't see why someone would call her the most powerful character. I'm not looking for a character debate or anything, just someone's reasoning for the mechro btw.
---
#4terrysmay04Posted 7/23/2013 4:32:05 PM
I think your friend is high lol

Don't get me wrong, gaige is ok. But I wouldn't call her the most powerful by any means.
---
Nothing is more badass than being nice to a lady!
#5doughnutman(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 4:34:35 PM
Yeah i tried telling him that my Salvador or Krieg were better than his mechro. So we played and he kept going down. He said "i kill things faster though. Since more of my bullets hit when i miss." At one point he really shot at the walls. Only at the walls, saying how that's the best way to hit people because you don't miss.
---
#6TheLast0neAlivePosted 7/23/2013 4:35:53 PM
doughnutman posted...
Yeah i tried telling him that my Salvador or Krieg were better than his mechro. So we played and he kept going down. He said "i kill things faster though. Since more of my bullets hit when i miss." At one point he really shot at the walls. Only at the walls, saying how that's the best way to hit people because you don't miss.

terrysmay04 posted...
I think your friend is high lol

---
Honestly, I think I'd rather stick my dick in a blender. - Raylan Givens.
#7gamefreaklover2Posted 7/23/2013 4:39:49 PM
If you make the mechro right she is great. On UVHM I have no issues messing around when am board. My mechro is lvl 61 and I only have one point in anrchey thats to have 150 stacks. Seems like everyone has issue with the merco.
---
Fallen donst meen allways sent to hell.
#8terrysmay04Posted 7/23/2013 4:42:22 PM
gamefreaklover2 posted...
If you make the mechro right she is great. On UVHM I have no issues messing around when am board. My mechro is lvl 61 and I only have one point in anrchey thats to have 150 stacks. Seems like everyone has issue with the merco.

any character can be good on UVHM, but if your telling me she is the best i will tell you you are wrong.
---
Nothing is more badass than being nice to a lady!
#9zeldafaneightPosted 7/23/2013 4:50:12 PM
She's in no way the most powerful character but she's good enough to not be down all the time. I would say she's the worst, personally I think she's better than Axton
---
GT: vI DISTURBED Iv (capital i not l)
#10LaharPosted 7/23/2013 5:02:12 PM
I've seen people say that on solo, having DT out can be like playing co-op.
---
I said runt.