What the heck is the point of loot enemies?

#1PDGMTGPosted 7/30/2013 1:57:25 AM
Seriously, am I doing something wrong here? Like, I see them fairly often enough, but they never drop anything more than money and ammo, and every once in a while, a block of Eridium.

However, I constantly hear people talking about how they get guns from them all the time. I don't even see common guns. What is the point of these annoying little guys if they don't drop something worth my time? o_O
---
-Just Some Random
#2PDGMTG(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 1:59:49 AM
Also, if someone could answer this one for me...

I downloaded the Vault Hunter pack a while ago, that increases the level cap. Isn't part of that DLC a relic that increases the chance of rare loot from stuff? However, when I start a new character, I don't have it. Am I mistaken that it comes with that pack, or am I just being silly somehow... o_o
---
-Just Some Random
#3DigiDude77Posted 7/30/2013 2:03:00 AM(edited)
Loot Mobs have a higher chance to drop legendaries.

EDIT: The rare loot relic comes from being part of the premiere club, which was obtained by pre-ordering the game.
---
Pokemon SoulSilver: ~*Friend Code: 1462-8550-1166 Name: Fyn*~
Pokemon White: ~*Friend Code: 0647 5616 2276 Name: Myzou*~
#4DevoidLightPosted 7/30/2013 2:13:47 AM
Also don't worry about the loot relic. It's junk.
#5PDGMTG(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 2:14:35 AM
Oh I see. Is it possible that you could also get it by buying the game online through a deal or something, because I have a friend who recently got the game online during a sale, and he has that relic.
---
-Just Some Random
#6DigiDude77Posted 7/30/2013 2:18:38 AM
Actually, apparently the loot relic is also given to those who bought the Mechromancer pack.
---
Pokemon SoulSilver: ~*Friend Code: 1462-8550-1166 Name: Fyn*~
Pokemon White: ~*Friend Code: 0647 5616 2276 Name: Myzou*~
#7inebriantiaPosted 7/30/2013 3:27:47 AM
The relic does come with the Mechromancer pack, but it's really pretty useless. You might get yourself an extra blue here and there, but that's it really, you're much better off with a different relic that actually gives you a bonus you can use.
---
Remember Kids.. You Know Enough! ---- G.I. Jose
GT: GbHaseo---Currently Playing: Borderlands 2, Persona 4, .Hack//Mutation
#8SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 7/30/2013 4:53:59 AM
I wonder if the loot relic would help when farming for specific uniques/skins, such as the Hive or Blockhead...
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#9BloodgiftDemonPosted 7/30/2013 5:26:45 AM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
I wonder if the loot relic would help when farming for specific uniques/skins, such as the Hive or Blockhead...

Despite their coloring, I think those items are part of the "assigned legendary loot drop pool" that those enemies have. I'm fairly certain that the Vault Hunter Relic only boosts random "rare" loot drops, aka blue items.

The way the word rare is used in the vernacular, Gearbox really should have given the Vault Hunter relic a better wording.
#10Sephin_X_12Posted 7/30/2013 5:59:56 AM
PDGMTG posted...
Seriously, am I doing something wrong here? Like, I see them fairly often enough, but they never drop anything more than money and ammo, and every once in a while, a block of Eridium.

However, I constantly hear people talking about how they get guns from them all the time. I don't even see common guns. What is the point of these annoying little guys if they don't drop something worth my time? o_O

If you don't have it on UVHM then their drops are going to be as you said. They have to have the word (or a similar word) "Legendary" in their name; like "Legendary Wee War Loader".
---
GT: Nobody Worthy
Current Games: Battlefield 3, Borderlands 2, Defiance, and Magic 2013.