True Vault Hunter Mode switching over to Normal Play?

#1gtonizukiaPosted 8/11/2013 8:38:10 PM
Something feels fishy
I have been playing my second play through of TVHM for quite some time now. I'm at the point where I'm going for Bloodwing.

In between games, I've also been doing DLC and going on other people's games. Suddenly the monsters don't feel strong anymore and the XP is really low and the xp gained on missions is pretty much that of a normal game.

Thinking that it switched over to normal, I switched it back to TVHM yesterday. I turned it back on today and it seems easy again. Does the mode switch by itself whenever I join someone else's game and then I have to manually switch back? Or am I just used to playing with multiple characters?
#2gtonizukia(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2013 8:38:54 PM
Oh and is there a way to check if I'm on TVHM while I'm in the middle of the game instead of going to the main menu?
#3stickboy2323Posted 8/11/2013 10:39:43 PM
gtonizukia posted...
In between games, I've also been doing DLC and going on other people's games. Suddenly the monsters don't feel strong anymore and the XP is really low and the xp gained on missions is pretty much that of a normal game.

You probably got over leveled from playing the DLC and in online games. All missions in NVHM and TVHM have set levels. Just keep playing and eventually the game will catch back up to your level.
---
Badass Rank: 10
#4DigiDude77Posted 8/11/2013 11:03:04 PM
Missions in the game have a set level.

DLCs scale with the level you first entered it in.

As such, you probably overleveled.
---
Pokemon SoulSilver: ~*Friend Code: 1462-8550-1166 Name: Fyn*~
Pokemon White: ~*Friend Code: 0647 5616 2276 Name: Myzou*~
#5Super CreaturesPosted 8/12/2013 1:03:21 AM
DigiDude77 posted...
DLCs scale with the level you first entered it in.

But only within a specified range.

A level 40 character starting DLC in Normal is not going to be facing level 40 enemies, they are going to be facing whatever the max level for that DLC is (short of those missions that are meant to be high level, such as raid bosses, and the tier 3 bar brawl).

My level 36 Mechro going through Pirate's Booty did not face level 36 enemies, she faced enemies of a much lower level.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.