Help make me less bad

#1apatrick0516Posted 8/12/2013 9:02:06 AM
Okay, I gave up UVHM with Maya because the bullet sponge enemies while I get owned a few hits got so frustrating, I decided to start a new character. Went with gunzerker. I'm at 29 now, specced rampage, and the same thing is happening. I die in a few hits while enemies take godlike amounts of damage.

Since a lot of people say they have no trouble with the game(and assuming they aren't lying/cheating to get better gear), the only conclusion I can honestly come to is that I'm doing something wrong.

I've heard a lot of people say the game is easy for them so if you think it is, help me. What equipment should I be looking for? What tree should I invest in? Any good strategies to use?
---
This here's ma signature!
#2xlinerPosted 8/12/2013 9:05:05 AM
wat
---
Natural Born Killer
Call me crazy, but I'm still insane.
#3RedArchangel20Posted 8/12/2013 9:06:13 AM
Point at the enemies and shoot. Also, don't get hit.
---
http://i.imgur.com/J7GpU.jpg Most beautiful woman in the world
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyzpf1y3cy1qf6y79.gif Kiss the rings.
#4bcon1208Posted 8/12/2013 9:08:29 AM
Shoot the enemies a lot and don't get hit.

No seriously, what level are you that you're having trouble in UVHM. Solo in that mode is hard, but the whole point of UVHM is for it to be challenging. The enemies have beefed up health/resistances, but slag causes FOUR times the damage instead of two. Use this. Slag is really the only way to counteract the high enemy health.

Oh, and bring a friend. Don't go alone!
---
Loading Post... [|||||||||||||||||||||||__] 85% Complete...
lIl Nemesis lIl
#5zeldafaneightPosted 8/12/2013 9:09:05 AM
The most important thing is to make sure your gear is not more that 1-2 levels behind your level (legendaries can get away with 4-5 levels). Honestly just about any build will get you through normal and TVHM pretty easily. For example I used a sniping zero until UVHM. Just spend the money to respec if you find yourself having trouble in an area and maybe use a couple of gold keys while you're in sanctuary.
---
GT: vI DISTURBED Iv (capital i not l)
#6Xero_MachariusPosted 8/12/2013 9:38:01 AM
zeldafaneight posted...
The most important thing is to make sure your gear is not more that 1-2 levels behind your level (legendaries can get away with 4-5 levels). Honestly just about any build will get you through normal and TVHM pretty easily. For example I used a sniping zero until UVHM. Just spend the money to respec if you find yourself having trouble in an area and maybe use a couple of gold keys while you're in sanctuary.

While it's always good to be on the look out for upgrades to your loadout, it's perfectly possible to go through UVHM with lvl 50 weapons. I ran through UVHM with basically the same weapons I finished TVHM with. The only legendaries I had equiped was a lvl 27 slagga and a lvl 50 ogre, I also had a fire fire orc.

I also got bored of using a sniper Zero on UVHM - he's been sitting there at lvl 56 for ages... probably respec whenever I get bored.
---
GT - Xero M XTC
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=Xero M XTC&platform=xbox
#7Supreme_DantePosted 8/12/2013 9:38:45 AM
You may want to give us your build and equipment loadout. Give us specifics so we can do the same for you. If you don't, you get the "shoot enemies and don't get shot" answer.
---
GT:Dantekills
If I don't make sense, I'm drunk.
#8doughnutmanPosted 8/12/2013 9:40:04 AM
For maya what'll make it easy is a mirrored trickster mod with 5 points in kinetic reflection. Just get a kill every five seconds or so and you're invincible practically to being shot.
---
Gamertag: ArsenicJoker
#9url54mvpPosted 8/12/2013 9:48:49 AM
I've been having a lot of fun using Maya on UVHM. I just make sure to keep my gear up-to-date as she levels up.
#10Kpt_KapowskiPosted 8/12/2013 10:04:47 AM
step 1: don't come to gfaqs asking for help.
step 2: play solo.
step 3: put some time and effort into learning your characters.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jn5zytfm9No