A question about rare loot drop rates..

#1__ThePhantom__Posted 8/14/2013 9:03:01 AM
So I know a lot of us are in the same boat, we've farmed for HOURS for a rare drop and had nothing drop.

NOW, I know of you say Random is Random. But is random really random? Does randomness determine the randomness of random itself? Or is random itself just as random as randomness? Or is it more complex?

Think it over, I can't figure this out:'( maybe someone can help me?:-D
#2SuchAmazementPosted 8/14/2013 9:06:10 AM
Random is random based on the randomness of the drop rate, which is too low.
---
Even in numbers, a weakling is a weakling still!
#3__ThePhantom__(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2013 9:09:58 AM
SuchAmazement posted...

Randomness = Random when Random is equal to 5 Randomness' squared by pie's randomness which equals random?

Yumm.. Pie.
#4Bare_OmnislashPosted 8/14/2013 9:16:20 AM
__ThePhantom__ posted...
SuchAmazement posted...

Randomness = Random when Random is equal to 5 Randomness' squared by pie's randomness which equals random?

Yumm.. Pie.

Quality
#5killbot357Posted 8/14/2013 9:30:55 AM
__ThePhantom__ posted...

But is random really random?

Some bosses / spawns have a higher chance to drop their loot than others. For example, Hunter Helquist may have a 1 / 8 chance to drop the Bee, whereas Bunker has a 1 / 256 chance to drop the Sham, the B****, or a head.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1 3DS FC: 2750 - 2544 - 5832
Currently playing: SMT IV, Borderlands 2
#6A4TH1337Posted 8/14/2013 9:31:54 AM
imagine a dice with 50 sides. now lets say one specific boss drops one specific weapon in 1 out of 50 times. every time you beat him you roll that 50-sided dice and thus have a chance of 1:50 for the weapon to drop.
now keep in mind that probability doesnt have a memory. when you flip a coin you have a 1:2 chance but still it could land on the wrong side many times in a row. so when you have odds of 1:50 you could end up beating the boss in the example above for easily 500 or more times and still not get the drop you were farming for.
#7-Theundetected-Posted 8/14/2013 9:36:50 AM
A4TH1337 posted...
imagine a dice with 50 sides. now lets say one specific boss drops one specific weapon in 1 out of 50 times. every time you beat him you roll that 50-sided dice and thus have a chance of 1:50 for the weapon to drop.
now keep in mind that probability doesnt have a memory. when you flip a coin you have a 1:2 chance but still it could land on the wrong side many times in a row. so when you have odds of 1:50 you could end up beating the boss in the example above for easily 500 or more times and still not get the drop you were farming for.

So random is randomness when 1:50 randoms are not saved to memory when you divide your randoms in half then quadruple them by pie random pie even when squared = random?

Srsly??

You're making this complicated.
#8Jambi_ManPosted 8/14/2013 9:42:18 AM
I watched a roulette wheel in Vegas spin black 14 times in a row....

I lost a lot of money. o_O
---
My name is Sue! How do you do!
Now you're gonna die!!
#9SuchAmazementPosted 8/14/2013 9:44:07 AM
Jambi_Man posted...

It's rigged.
---
Even in numbers, a weakling is a weakling still!
#10Jambi_ManPosted 8/14/2013 9:49:34 AM
SuchAmazement posted...
Jambi_Man posted...

It's rigged.

Yeah, im pretty sure there're magnets in the wheel.
---
My name is Sue! How do you do!
Now you're gonna die!!