I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't like farming for weapons or mods...

#1Slayer_22Posted 8/19/2013 8:05:11 AM
The only thing I really farm for is heads. Because I love customization in video games, and I change my characters around a lot. I love finding new weapons that are extremely good, but I never really make it my goal to go out and look for them. If I get them, it's awesome. I love getting better weapons. I don't like getting the best of the best weapons and loot and just rolling with that. Anyone else feel the same way, or am I all alone in this aspect?
---
You should check out Imagine Dragons http://youtu.be/wO0ohGn-x3E
<o> YES! \o/ <o> YES! \o/ <o> YES! \o/
#2terrysmay04Posted 8/19/2013 8:10:35 AM
I honestly really like finding a weapon that I want to incorporate into one of my builds and then working to get it to drop. Always feels good when you get something that you put in some work for.
---
Compromises are for lesser souls, die werewolf zombie.
#3Argyle_GargoylePosted 8/19/2013 8:14:42 AM
terrysmay04 posted...
I honestly really like finding a weapon that I want to incorporate into one of my builds and then working to get it to drop. Always feels good when you get something that you put in some work for.

my thoughts exactly.

ive gotten to the point that i dont need to have everything. i just go for the things i like or want to try

between the limited bank space, and the level cap increases, i dont feel the need to acquire every shiny in the game.

that said, i like farming and it feels good using an awesome item when you know the work you had to put in to get it
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#4Xero_MachariusPosted 8/19/2013 11:46:17 AM
I like having a complete weapon set even weapons I don't use and never will... bit of a hoarder.
---
GT - Xero M XTC
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=Xero M XTC&platform=xbox
#5Argyle_GargoylePosted 8/19/2013 11:51:12 AM
Xero_Macharius posted...
I like having a complete weapon set even weapons I don't use and never will... bit of a hoarder.

did that at 50. then i had to throw most out when the bank glitch was fixed. realized how few i actually used. now, if im not gonna use it, im not farming it.
---
#6Xero_MachariusPosted 8/19/2013 11:55:57 AM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
Xero_Macharius posted...

did that at 50. then i had to throw most out when the bank glitch was fixed. realized how few i actually used. now, if im not gonna use it, im not farming it.

i copied 3 chars to usb stick and cloud save so i have 6 mules with max bank/inventory space... and a few low lvl mules on a silver account
---
GT - Xero M XTC
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=Xero M XTC&platform=xbox
#7Argyle_GargoylePosted 8/19/2013 11:57:40 AM
Xero_Macharius posted...
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
Xero_Macharius posted...

i copied 3 chars to usb stick and cloud save so i have 6 mules with max bank/inventory space... and a few low lvl mules on a silver account

yeah. ive got mules too. they just get filled up with things i want to keep. trying to keep out the clutter so i can actually find the items i want
---
#8KaBasiliskPosted 8/19/2013 12:09:20 PM
I've got 31 mules... I've stopped farming stuff that I don't need.
---
KaBoom's new main.
Hissss
#9Argyle_GargoylePosted 8/19/2013 12:14:08 PM
KaBasilisk posted...
I've got 31 mules... I've stopped farming stuff that I don't need.

thats why i stopped. i wasnt even farming for things i needed/wanted. just shiny stuff id store and never touch again. and trade fodder

i only want what i like now. not worth my time to farm a new max level cradle. ill never touch the thing. no need for it. no need to save every e tech i come across. ill keep the ones i like best and sell of the rest

at this point id rather spend the time playing the game than managing an unwieldy inventory of junk. and with the new level cap looming, itll soon be time to farm it all again
---
#10SkunkHunterPosted 8/19/2013 12:48:12 PM
You're not. I don't like farming much, if at all. As a result, I don't have a ton of great anything, but I'm okay with that. I did farm Torgue Tokens (and with it, a bit of XP) by doing the level 3 Death Race, because I liked the challenge of figuring out my own ideas for the most efficient course and it was relaxing to do while I was on work conference calls (shhhhh) that would otherwise make me crazy.

It's nice to see, to me, folks who do like to farm stuff explaining it. It makes sense: you feel like you worked hard and that was your reward (I have to say I felt similarly when I bought my DPUH). It feels like you have earned it in a way it might not (again, for you) if you simply used a save editor.

BTW, not a swipe at folks who, either directly or indirectly (will someone please give me . .. ) dupe or use the save editor, or whatever. I get that, too. Some folks LIKE to have "the best" gear and/or feel like their "random" drops haven't been sufficiently good to them. And I imagine many of us owe those folks a bit because I'm thinking they are likely the ones best able to experiment around with different awesome weapons/mods, etc. and forward the discussion re: "best" setups, etc.

Ultimately, IMHO, it is a game that you should play in a way that you find fun, satisfying, relaxing, or whatever you need, so long as you don't disrupt others.