I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't like farming for weapons or mods...

#11Argyle_GargoylePosted 8/19/2013 12:58:25 PM(edited)
SkunkHunter posted...
You're not. I don't like farming much, if at all. As a result, I don't have a ton of great anything, but I'm okay with that. I did farm Torgue Tokens (and with it, a bit of XP) by doing the level 3 Death Race, because I liked the challenge of figuring out my own ideas for the most efficient course and it was relaxing to do while I was on work conference calls (shhhhh) that would otherwise make me crazy.

It's nice to see, to me, folks who do like to farm stuff explaining it. It makes sense: you feel like you worked hard and that was your reward (I have to say I felt similarly when I bought my DPUH). It feels like you have earned it in a way it might not (again, for you) if you simply used a save editor.

BTW, not a swipe at folks who, either directly or indirectly (will someone please give me . .. ) dupe or use the save editor, or whatever. I get that, too. Some folks LIKE to have "the best" gear and/or feel like their "random" drops haven't been sufficiently good to them. And I imagine many of us owe those folks a bit because I'm thinking they are likely the ones best able to experiment around with different awesome weapons/mods, etc. and forward the discussion re: "best" setups, etc.

Ultimately, IMHO, it is a game that you should play in a way that you find fun, satisfying, relaxing, or whatever you need, so long as you don't disrupt others.

thats pretty uch my feeling. i feel like i earned it, so i appreciate it. i dont really care if people dupe or not (just dont beg me to do it) but i have seen over the months that very few of those people tend to stick around very long.

i think a lot of them get the top tier gear and have 0 appreciation for it. in a game based around collecting cool gear and using it to stomp enemies, having everything handed to me would ruin the fun. sure the guns are fun to use for a while, but itll get old fast when there isnt anything to play for.

the game doesnt always reward effort, but when it does pop that orange pillar, it feels great. to then go up and see that its better than what you are using makes farming worthwhile and satisfying for me at least

EDIT: my one biggest pet peeve and annoyance is when people call it trading when they really mean duping. its annoying because there are very few people who like to actually trade. there is a difference between the terms. it might sound petty, but i dont want to trade for peoples duped gear. i worked hard to get my stuff and would like to trade it legitimately.

i really dont care if people dupe. do what you will, but call it what it is. if you are duping or asking for one, just say so as a courtesy to the people that want to make a legitimate trade
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#12MarsillioPosted 8/19/2013 10:59:03 PM
Nobody likes farming.
---
Capcom won't see another damn cent from me until Mega Man Legends 3 is released.
#13Mikey-VengeancePosted 8/19/2013 11:12:42 PM
I didn't mind farming.

Until I started farming the cobra :T