The next level cap should come with a new game mode

#1HMXTaylor_LeePosted 8/19/2013 12:56:42 PM
Call it Badass Vault Hunter mode.

-Enemies have six times their normal health.
-Enemies deal significantly more damage than UVHM
-If the enemies aren't slagged, bullets will reflect back and damage the player.
-Elemental DoT actually heals enemies
-Slag time is reduced to compensate for lack of a better idea
-The enemies and quests offer a capped amount of experience to prevent players from levelling too quickly.
-Action skill cooldown increased by 100 percent for all characters to prevent exploitative action skill usage. Additionally, the duration for the action skill is halved.

Should be fun, right?

In all seriousness, I wouldn't say no to an extended "True Vault Hunter" style mode. You know, where elemental damage builds are viable, slagging is a great choice, not the only choice, and you can use sniper rifles with relative effectiveness. Have the enemies, quests, and loot continue to level with the player.

I enjoy a challenge (Max Payne 3 did a great job of keeping the game challenging but fair), but UVHM is, in my opinon, a very tiresome difficulty, I don't like being forced to rely on top-of-the-line .05 drop percentage gear to be able to fight against normal enemies with any confidence.
#2drake_skullPosted 8/19/2013 2:06:34 PM
HMXTaylor_Lee posted...
Call it Badass Vault Hunter mode.

-Enemies have six times their normal health.
-Enemies deal significantly more damage than UVHM
-If the enemies aren't slagged, bullets will reflect back and damage the player.
-Elemental DoT actually heals enemies
-Slag time is reduced to compensate for lack of a better idea
-The enemies and quests offer a capped amount of experience to prevent players from levelling too quickly.
-Action skill cooldown increased by 100 percent for all characters to prevent exploitative action skill usage. Additionally, the duration for the action skill is halved.

Should be fun, right?

In all seriousness, I wouldn't say no to an extended "True Vault Hunter" style mode. You know, where elemental damage builds are viable, slagging is a great choice, not the only choice, and you can use sniper rifles with relative effectiveness. Have the enemies, quests, and loot continue to level with the player.

I enjoy a challenge (Max Payne 3 did a great job of keeping the game challenging but fair), but UVHM is, in my opinon, a very tiresome difficulty, I don't like being forced to rely on top-of-the-line .05 drop percentage gear to be able to fight against normal enemies with any confidence.

Krieg mania tree barely needs guns in UVHM. pretty much no character is really at a disadvantage if you build them right. You are really only limited to Purples/uniques at the low end. Some stuff can be reg blue.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
https://soundcloud.com/shake-like-e
#3HMXTaylor_Lee(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 8:36:07 PM
I am just saying I wouldn't mind a playthrough that wasn't such a slog.

I feel like Gaige's Little Big Trouble skill tree is largely (not completely) pointless on UVHM. I would like to fight with a neat shock build all the way to sixty one and be able to do relatively well.
#4fredbeatswilmaPosted 8/19/2013 9:04:19 PM(edited)
The next game mode should have all the enemies equipped with norfleets. The shots cannot be absorbed or reflected.

Either that or evil smashed infinites.

Edit- remove health gating as well
---
uh huh, herbal derbally berbil urbil
Kiwimyweewee's alt
#5drake_skullPosted 8/19/2013 9:09:04 PM
fredbeatswilma posted...
The next game mode should have all the enemies equipped with norfleets. The shots cannot be absorbed or reflected.

I could see Geartroll doing something like this. They would make a new playthrough harder not easier. I would like to see scaling carry back to NVHM/TVHM from UVHM once you beat it.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
#6fredbeatswilmaPosted 8/19/2013 10:03:07 PM
drake_skull posted...
fredbeatswilma posted...

I could see Geartroll doing something like this. They would make a new playthrough harder not easier. I would like to see scaling carry back to NVHM/TVHM from UVHM once you beat it.

I don't understand how adding harder subsequent playthroughs is a troll move. It's actually pretty common in games.

Norfleets are overboard, sure. Another game mode with increased difficulty is not.
---
uh huh, herbal derbally berbil urbil
Kiwimyweewee's alt
#7drake_skullPosted 8/19/2013 10:21:19 PM
fredbeatswilma posted...
drake_skull posted...
fredbeatswilma posted...

I don't understand how adding harder subsequent playthroughs is a troll move. It's actually pretty common in games.

Norfleets are overboard, sure. Another game mode with increased difficulty is not.

OFC I think they basically are doing another playthrough with the fact that you will have the ability to over-level enemies at will when its released.
---
#8nuclearpizzaPosted 8/20/2013 1:06:09 AM
I'd love a mode where everything is available from the beginning. All quests(even story ones) and all locations.

You could tackle them in any order whenever you want.
---
Playing:Borderlands 2,Lost Odyssey
GT: Rainingoblivion
#9killbot357Posted 8/20/2013 5:24:25 AM
lol

Fans prior to UVHM - WE WANT ENDGAME AND A LEVEL CAP RAISE!!!
Fans after UVHM - ENDGAME IS TOO TEDIOUS!!! WE WANT TVHM!!!
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1 3DS FC: 2750 - 2544 - 5832
Currently playing: SMT IV, Borderlands 2, Minecraft: FTB Unleashed, Magic 2014
#10bcon1208Posted 8/20/2013 5:29:44 AM(edited)
Not to be a jerk or anything, but your idea is terrible.

I'm all for a challenge, but most, if not all of the stuff you mentioned would make the game nigh unplayable and certainly not any fun at all. As it stands, I still say UVHM is much more tedious than it is hard. I would prefer a mode more similar to TVHM where enemies scaled to your level actively as in UVHM now, but without being bullet sponges. Firing an entire clip into standard enemies, even slagged, gets really old.
---
Loading Post... [|||||||||||||||||||||||__] 85% Complete...
lIl Nemesis lIl