The next level cap should come with a new game mode

#31NazanirPosted 8/21/2013 2:25:24 AM
xliner posted...
killbot357 posted...
lol

Fans prior to UVHM - WE WANT ENDGAME AND A LEVEL CAP RAISE!!!
Fans after UVHM - ENDGAME IS TOO TEDIOUS!!! WE WANT TVHM!!!

Too true.

Too be fair, the scaling is utterly rediculous and the fear for this trend to continue up to 72 is a legit one. The difference between a level 60 and 61 variant of a weapon is sometimes too much, there isn't much "fun" when you MUST slag everything or get your ass handed to you (or be Melee Krieg). The point is, even though I enjoy playing at 61, there isn't that much room for personaisation anymore. In normal/TVHM Slag was a really nice bonus to have, icing on the cake if you will. But with the way enemies' health scales, if you don't have a reliable way to slag opponents, you get screwed over.

If they simply scale everything the way it currently is, only to 72, I believe this will cause only frustration.
---
XboX GT - Nazanir
#32Jambi_ManPosted 8/21/2013 4:06:25 AM
All your playthrough ideas are child's play compared to the hardest PT ever conceived...

F*** You mode.

Upon accepting the playthrough, the disc blows up in your xbox, causing a bloodsplosion that blows up your TV and leaves you with 3rd degree burns & scars your face with a vault symbol.
---
My name is Sue! How do you do!
Now you're gonna die!!
#33drake_skullPosted 8/21/2013 6:18:52 AM
Oh how could I forget, every remaining Normal enemy is replaced with a Rabid variant. And new enemy type, Badass Rabid which is 3x faster and does 4x damage with about 33% DR.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
https://soundcloud.com/shake-like-e
#34zhobanPosted 8/21/2013 6:31:38 AM
killbot357 posted...
lol

Fans prior to UVHM - WE WANT ENDGAME AND A LEVEL CAP RAISE!!!
Fans after UVHM - ENDGAME IS TOO TEDIOUS!!! WE WANT TVHM!!!

Sounds like Platinum difficulty with Mass Effect 3.
---
GT - zhoban; PSN - zhoban
"I'm not crazy. At least, I don't think so" - James (Silent Hill 2)
#35HMXTaylor_Lee(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 8:59:12 AM
I think the main issue people have with the endgame is the exponential increase in obstacles.

Enemies gain 4x the amount of health. Your weapons still do the same amount of damage. Because the elemental damage effects are so miniscule compared to their massive health bar, at best it staves off health regeneration (another obstacle).

Slag becomes a necessary part of your arsenal. Beforehand, it was a great weapon for using on tougher enemies. Now, EVERY enemy needs to be slagged to do any respectable amount of damage. It's made worse when there are enemies that cannot be slagged, and you have no choice but to sit there pounding rounds into enemies for goodness knows how long.

I don't mind a challenge. But what I don't like is mulling about chewing through rounds to kill basic enemies that can down YOU in only three bullets. To me, there isn't anything fun in that.

I am happy that enemies scale with you in UVHM, but I don't like the added hoops that come with it. Enemies with increasing level should be difficult enough, they shouldn't need additional buffs.
#36Molmf420Posted 8/21/2013 9:01:52 AM
I too think the scaling in UVHM is a little ridiculous. At level 61, we already get way too many skill points, and enemies are as a result are vastly under powered and under tooled. Game is way too easy. I wish it was a 6x health increase instead of 4.
#37HMXTaylor_Lee(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 11:35:32 AM
Molmf420 posted...
I too think the scaling in UVHM is a little ridiculous. At level 61, we already get way too many skill points, and enemies are as a result are vastly under powered and under tooled. Game is way too easy. I wish it was a 6x health increase instead of 4.

Sarcasm done right - it's got enough validity to it (skill points) to seem legitimate. I like it.
#38Jambi_ManPosted 8/21/2013 11:45:25 AM
HMXTaylor_Lee posted...
Molmf420 posted...

Sarcasm done right - it's got enough validity to it (skill points) to seem legitimate. I like it.

That wasn't sarcasm.
---
My name is Sue! How do you do!
Now you're gonna die!!
#39HMXTaylor_Lee(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 1:45:49 PM
Jambi_Man posted...
HMXTaylor_Lee posted...
Molmf420 posted...

That wasn't sarcasm.

I don't know how anyone can, with a straight face, say that the enemies are underpowered.

Getting one shotted by basic enemies with 187, 000 shield does not underpowered make.