Educate Me

#21Paco_LivesPosted 8/20/2013 12:58:10 PM
Ill say this about trolls, in a roundabout oddball way they can sometimes help out. The worst thing would be to post a genuine topic asking for help and get ignored. Trolls keep the thread bumped for the helpful ones to see. Trolls also prompt people to help out of spite alone.
#2203lhiggs(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 1:39:04 PM
Paco_Lives posted...
03lhiggs posted...
Paco_Lives posted...
Trolls are hard in this thread.

TC, Axton the last character ive leveled to 61. Im sure there is great room for tweaking my skill tree build, but thought ild share nonetheless:

http://www.bl2skills.com/commando.html#51254140415104315010015300000000

I found the Survivor tree really lacking. Skills with gun and rocket launcher damage bonuses seem to be working best for me. Im also using the Legendary Soldier mod. For extra cooldown im using the Bone of the Ancients. Farm some loot midgets and it wont take long to find a few.

Once i hit 61 and tossed the Legendary mod and a few of my decent level 61 guns and shields from my other characters on, i just started tearing through enemies. Im playing through all the dlcs and having fun...quite a bit more fun now that im finished leveling.

Thanks for the advice Paco, i really enjoy the style of play i have with the survival mode. I know its quite defensive, but i enjoy it. Plus i get 2x sabre turrets that fire slag and rockets now :P which is useful on UVHM. Im pretty sure i did the quest 'doctors orders' so i dont think i can loot midget farm in wildlife preservation now? Im probably wrong though...

Tbh i quite enjoy the style of play im set up for i was probably looking for a bit more advice on the kit i should be using for my style, which like i said is defensive.

I have a +max health shield and ditched my slayer of terramorphous mod for the legendary mod, which is really nice to have with the increased cooldown rate and gun damage.

Ive heard a lot of people talking about sandhawks, ogres, unkempt harolds etc. not sure if ive ever even seen them to be honest... haha

My philosophy = the best defense is a good offense. The faster you dispense of enemies the less they can hurt you. A dead enemy cant harm you at all. =)

Some of those guns are only available in the dlcs. Sandhawk is a quest reward in Pirate's Booty. I believe the Ogre is a super rare Legendary from a powered up Orc in Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragons Keep. The Harold is a Legendary drop from Savage Lee and can also be bought from the Torgue Machines in Torgues dlc. Check the Borderlands 2 Wiki for more specifics.

What would you say is the best shield to use for a defensive based commando Paco?

i have;
The Bee
The Sham
The Transformer
Hoplite (which would be good if i played in a large group all the time)
Big Boom Blaster
Evolution
Blockade
Antagonist

I think im gonna stick with the Evolution as it seriously boosts my max heath to like 468K
---
ERRRMAGHEERD A DOUBLE RAINBOW
#23Paco_LivesPosted 8/20/2013 1:53:21 PM
03lhiggs posted...
What would you say is the best shield to use for a defensive based commando Paco?

i have;
The Bee
The Sham
The Transformer
Hoplite (which would be good if i played in a large group all the time)
Big Boom Blaster
Evolution
Blockade
Antagonist

I think im gonna stick with the Evolution as it seriously boosts my max heath to like 468K

For enemies with guns: Sham. For all else you really cant go wrong with the Evolution. That is a ridiculous amount of hitpoints LOL.
#24terrysmay04Posted 8/20/2013 1:56:31 PM
I really like the blockade on mine

Axton has great shield skills
---
Compromises are for lesser souls, die werewolf zombie.
#25Eternal KPosted 8/20/2013 5:07:51 PM
Shield-wise, you could definitely look into some of the purple Tediore shields. The best ones have a ridiculously low recharge delay (0.98 or 0.99 seconds) and that would allow Preparation to proc quicker and get your health regen rolling.

If you've got the Gemini/Double Up build going, turrets are going to be a significant part of your offense, so make sure you've got a bunch of action skill CD equipment on, through class mods and relics.
---
2007 - 2008 NHL Saturday Picks Champion
#26RedArchangel20Posted 8/20/2013 5:29:46 PM
03lhiggs posted...
BTW.

Thanks to everyone that has sincerely tried to help me out here. Aware im not clued up on guns, skill trees etc, just tryna have some fun playing my favorite game? Not sure why trolls find that such a horrible idea....

It's because what kind of person with a level 61 character isn't already fully aware or even has the "best guns possible?" If you joined my game with a level 61 character, I'd expect you to know exactly what makes your character good so I don't have to waste time constantly reviving you.

And my god, what's with all the goddamned smiley faces itt? It's a smiley face orgy.
---
http://pics.wikifeet.com/Lana-Del-Rey-Feet-576987.jpg XBL: AgentMontellana
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyzpf1y3cy1qf6y79.gif
#2703lhiggs(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 2:24:01 AM
RedArchangel20 posted...
03lhiggs posted...
BTW.

Thanks to everyone that has sincerely tried to help me out here. Aware im not clued up on guns, skill trees etc, just tryna have some fun playing my favorite game? Not sure why trolls find that such a horrible idea....

It's because what kind of person with a level 61 character isn't already fully aware or even has the "best guns possible?" If you joined my game with a level 61 character, I'd expect you to know exactly what makes your character good so I don't have to waste time constantly reviving you.

And my god, what's with all the goddamned smiley faces itt? It's a smiley face orgy.

WANNA BANG? ;)
---
#28KaBoom1322Posted 8/21/2013 2:33:10 AM
03lhiggs posted...
BTW.

I like how you think that the 'trolls' are opposed to you having fun.

Smh, you have no idea what you are talking about, do you?
---
The name's KaBoom; I'm the marshall 'round these parts.
Currently on GameFAQs "parole".. I'm a reformed man;-)
#2903lhiggs(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 3:45:56 AM
KaBoom1322 posted...
03lhiggs posted...
BTW.

I dont, im not too fussed either to be honest. I got the help i wanted so that's all that really matters to me. Thanks :)
---
#30RedArchangel20Posted 8/21/2013 8:54:50 AM
03lhiggs posted...
KaBoom1322 posted...
03lhiggs posted...
BTW.

I dont, im not too fussed either to be honest. I got the help i wanted so that's all that really matters to me. Thanks :)

So a bunch of guys tell you to check the BL wiki, give you some basic loadout advice, and you're all set to get downed constantly before you start begging everybody here for stuff.

Yaaaay :)
---
http://pics.wikifeet.com/Lana-Del-Rey-Feet-576987.jpg XBL: AgentMontellana
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyzpf1y3cy1qf6y79.gif