Should they fix duping in BL3?

#1terrysmay04Posted 8/20/2013 1:36:42 PM
Not asking if they will, since I'm sure they won't. But if you had a choice would you want them to find a way to stop duping

Personally I would. I feel like it takes away from making the rare weapons special, and hurts the balance of online play. There are a lot of people out there who just want to be able to get the best guns easily, but I feel like that drops the ceiling for that game. Meaning you have less reason to keep playing to try to get better gear. Just my two cents though.
---
Compromises are for lesser souls, die werewolf zombie.
#2fredbeatswilmaPosted 8/20/2013 1:43:47 PM
I would personally prefer separate drops per player over anything. Always been my biggest gripe.

I dislike trading in general I would rather have it removed duping or legit.
---
uh huh, herbal derbally berbil urbil
Kiwimyweewee's alt
#3KaBasiliskPosted 8/20/2013 1:48:05 PM
I'm 99.9% sure that it won't happen, but if it did happen, it'd make me very happy.
---
K a B o o m
#4Jambi_ManPosted 8/20/2013 1:54:08 PM
In my idea of a perfect BL world, I'd have no duping. It would add more value to each and every rare item.... like back in the day collecting baseball cards. There was something special about having that 1989 Ken Griffey Jr. rookie card sitting there on a shelf looking awesome.... and it couldn't even shoot bullets!

If you see someone with a rare item, you know they got it. You could tell who's beaten certain raid bosses by certain gear they carry.
---
My name is Sue! How do you do!
Now you're gonna die!!
#5killbot357Posted 8/20/2013 1:56:51 PM
Eh, I don't really care that much aside from being annoyed by beggars looking for handouts. It'd be easy to do, despite dupers claiming that NUH UH GBX CAN'T STOP IT:

Autosave on item drop, or not allowing others to pick up items you've dropped.

These changes wouldn't prevent people from modding weapons and gear into the game, but those users are few and far between compared to people who jump into lobbies, poop out their inventory, then dashboard.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1 3DS FC: 2750 - 2544 - 5832
Currently playing: SMT IV, Borderlands 2, Minecraft: FTB Unleashed, Magic 2014
#6TsurukePosted 8/20/2013 1:58:57 PM
killbot357 posted...
Eh, I don't really care that much aside from being annoyed by beggars looking for handouts. It'd be easy to do, despite dupers claiming that NUH UH GBX CAN'T STOP IT:

Autosave on item drop, or not allowing others to pick up items you've dropped.

These changes wouldn't prevent people from modding weapons and gear into the game, but those users are few and far between compared to people who jump into lobbies, poop out their inventory, then dashboard.

In addition, make the save copy protected (via Xbox360 Dashboard).
Then will it prevent duping (without mods)
#7trakrunr4evrPosted 8/20/2013 2:53:35 PM
It would actually bring economy into this game. As of right now I'm sitting on 46 million with nothing to spend it on.

They could also bring in an auction house system, similar to what a lot of MMO's have. You'd put your item at the Auction house with a set price, and someone could buy it if they had those funds available. The money would then be sent directly to you via 'mail'.
---
GT: Stelthmastr
#8RB___OGPosted 8/20/2013 3:05:31 PM
terrysmay04 posted...
Not asking if they will, since I'm sure they won't. But if you had a choice would you want them to find a way to stop duping

Personally I would. I feel like it takes away from making the rare weapons special, and hurts the balance of online play. There are a lot of people out there who just want to be able to get the best guns easily, but I feel like that drops the ceiling for that game. Meaning you have less reason to keep playing to try to get better gear. Just my two cents though.

I disagree, in my opinion without the use of duping and gibbed I would have shelved this game months ago. For me farming a boss for hours on end or quit/reloading quest rewards for days would kill all of my enjoyment in the game. I enjoy just playing, being able to easily experiment with a variety of guns and builds and in general just running around killing s*** and having fun.

I also do understand the stance of keeping items rare, to me it makes no sense. I just don't understand bow it negatively effects a persons game if others are using the same gear. I also don't get you issue with online balance as this isn't a player versus player game, and the skill trees alone totally skew any semblance of balance.

As you said, this is just my opinion and in no means care if people prefer to play legit or mod.
---
Guns for show, Knives for a pro
#9KaBasiliskPosted 8/20/2013 3:07:24 PM
RB___OG posted...
terrysmay04 posted...

I disagree, in my opinion without the use of duping and gibbed I would have shelved this game months ago. For me farming a boss for hours on end or quit/reloading quest rewards for days would kill all of my enjoyment in the game. I enjoy just playing, being able to easily experiment with a variety of guns and builds and in general just running around killing s*** and having fun.

I also do understand the stance of keeping items rare, to me it makes no sense. I just don't understand bow it negatively effects a persons game if others are using the same gear. I also don't get you issue with online balance as this isn't a player versus player game, and the skill trees alone totally skew any semblance of balance.

As you said, this is just my opinion and in no means care if people prefer to play legit or mod.

I've seen you on the PS3 boards, that place is a dupers haven.
---
K a B o o m
#10TsurukePosted 8/20/2013 3:10:09 PM(edited)
RB___OG posted...
terrysmay04 posted...

And that is what separates the Casuals from the Hardcores (and Elitists) -- one amongst many reasons

[Not to be confused with me labeling you as an insult, so please don't get defensive, ahead of yourself].