Best "In your face" Krieg build?

#1Aadrian1234Posted 8/24/2013 5:29:51 PM
I'm not enjoying Krieg as much as I did when he first came out because even with a bunch of skills invested in the maniac skill tree, I don't do much damage. His Light the Fuse AoE explosion is doing pathetic damage against enemies of the same level, and can't kill most enemies even at 1/8th health left. What is the best setup for me to just tear through enemies, and constantly be face-to-face with the enemy.

Also, for speed and clip size/reload, are bandit or Hyperion shotties best? I like Jacobs, but with Krieg I need something that fires fast, and has a good clip size
---
"This...sentence...is...false!"
"Umm... True, I pick true. See? Not hard at all"
#2doughnutmanPosted 8/24/2013 5:37:11 PM
Considering youre bad at mania. Which is the up close tree. I wouldnt recommend being up close to you.
---
Gamertag: ArsenicJoker
#3Aadrian1234(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 5:43:28 PM
doughnutman posted...
Considering youre bad at mania. Which is the up close tree. I wouldnt recommend being up close to you.

I'm saying that I seem to do much less damage for some reason compared to other characters. That's why I'm asking for a build that would compliment that type of playstyle, because mine isn't working out. I'm still 25-30 with Krieg, and I was doing more damage with other characters up close and didn't go down as often at this level
---
"This...sentence...is...false!"
"Umm... True, I pick true. See? Not hard at all"
#4drake_skullPosted 8/24/2013 5:45:34 PM
http://www.bl2skills.com/psycho.html#50505010550150550505000100000000000 Your last few points are up to you and you can take Salt the Wound over Thrill of the Kill if you so choose. You almost cant die with this setup. I dont prefer to run Silence the Voices as it screws me more than it helps me.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
https://soundcloud.com/shake-like-e
#5Dreadsword101Posted 8/24/2013 5:45:38 PM
Do you have Release the Beast?
#6doughnutmanPosted 8/24/2013 5:50:37 PM
Silence the voices does like 10% damage to me if that. And never procs more than 2 or 3 times in a row for me. People complaining saying it takes off way too much health I think are exaggerating. It boosts your melee a lot, and most people will recommend it. And it boosts melee damage of thrown axes, which also have explosive damage on certain melee builds, and throwing axe = no self damage.
---
Gamertag: ArsenicJoker
#7drake_skullPosted 8/24/2013 6:07:04 PM
doughnutman posted...
Silence the voices does like 10% damage to me if that. And never procs more than 2 or 3 times in a row for me. People complaining saying it takes off way too much health I think are exaggerating. It boosts your melee a lot, and most people will recommend it. And it boosts melee damage of thrown axes, which also have explosive damage on certain melee builds, and throwing axe = no self damage.

I have had it smack me 7 times in a row. Its good if you want to take the risk, especially if you have a rough rider but I haven't had any real trouble even at 61 without it. I know it cant proc with thrown axes. TBH I also haven't respeced since I changed my build around specifically for Jackenstein because I had to go about that differently(till I figured out I could melee his chest from directly under him while the thing is open) SOTV was screwing me on that fight.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
https://soundcloud.com/shake-like-e