Community Day skins

#1KercKercPosted 9/5/2013 3:25:53 PM
Quick question, has it been confirmed by anyone from Gearbox that the only way to get these skins is by purchasing a subscription to their Twitch channel for the Community Day event? They're great skins, but I'm not really keen on spending $20 for the subscription (when really, its only the skins I'd be buying it for) if they are then going to be releasing them at a later date via Shift codes anyway. Thanks in advance..
#2LaharPosted 9/5/2013 3:41:50 PM
Somehow I thought they'd be available for everyone as a thank you.

I'm not finding anything that indicates another (legit) way to get them other than the $20 Digital Bonus Pack.
---
I said runt.
#3xboxBUNZILLAPosted 9/5/2013 4:53:48 PM
20 bills is worth it to see ringlecorp and kapowski try to give me a swirley, while stormy is smoking blunts in the background.
---
i measure how good im doing by how much yall hate.
#4TheIastspartanPosted 9/5/2013 4:56:23 PM
They're going to be rare drops on and around the 14th.

Currently that's the only known way to get them outside of the pack. Well, besides the good ol' G-word of course.
#5Neku_SanadaPosted 9/5/2013 5:11:51 PM
I would think that the skins/heads would be $1 eventually. The $20 is supposed to give u extra things (that I don't want). I would wait a month, and the skins will be available to buy. I doubt Gearbox would pass on the opportunity to make a buck. I hope this is the case because these are the best skins I've seen for each character.
---
Ohhhh... This isn't where I parked my car...
#6stickboy2323Posted 9/5/2013 5:16:48 PM
xboxBUNZILLA posted...
20 bills is worth it to see ringlecorp and kapowski try to give me a swirley, while stormy is smoking blunts in the background.

You guys should settle your beef with a series of in-game duels. Or bare-knuckle boxing. I's pay $20 to see that.
---
Badass Rank: 15
#7DigiDude77Posted 9/5/2013 5:36:58 PM
Neku_Sanada posted...
I would think that the skins/heads would be $1 eventually. The $20 is supposed to give u extra things (that I don't want). I would wait a month, and the skins will be available to buy. I doubt Gearbox would pass on the opportunity to make a buck. I hope this is the case because these are the best skins I've seen for each character.

The Valentine's Day skins aren't available outside of Valentine's Day, so yes they would.

If the $20 is the only way to get them, Gearbox has lost a fan.
---
Pokemon SoulSilver: ~*Friend Code: 1462-8550-1166 Name: Fyn*~
Pokemon White: ~*Friend Code: 0647 5616 2276 Name: Myzou*~
#8SinisterBladePosted 9/5/2013 5:46:47 PM
Hah. 20 bucks for those huh? Right...
---
Do you even Slab, bro? - L 3 V 3 R a 6 e