Proven game mechanic missing from BL series....

#1Gryphter97Posted 9/11/2013 8:22:28 PM
How about having a percentage of your XP, as well as post max level XP, build in a separate pool from character leveling? This XP pool could be used to level legendaries and uniques. It would give a reason to still have XP keep occuring once you reach level cap and allow you to level your your uniques and/or legendaries.

This would allow for more possibilities and replay value. For example, leveling for a better prefix, leveling for better skill enhancements on class mods, leveling for better attachments etc and over-all much deeper customization.

Black OPs and Modern Warfare fans, this would be similar to unlocking attachments, camos and perks. You would have full control over where you spent your XP pool. If you would rather level a Rough Rider than a Bee shield then that's where you spend your points. Then you have a legit reason for trades and such.

It is a very viable and proven game mechanic. This would allow people to not have to farm over and over for equipment, give a better more legit reason for multiple playthroughs, bring added value to co-op play, add value to the trade mechanic that we already have but don't utilize and give gearbox the ability to focus their creative talents on even more amazing content, DLCs, guns etc.

I can't see a drawback here guys but would like to have this be a discussion topic. :)
---
The truth is out there somewhere, that is why I am here hiding in the fantasy video games create
#2killbot357Posted 9/11/2013 8:34:15 PM
Gearbox has stated several times they're not interested in a crafting element.
---
XBOX / PSN: illbzo1 3DS FC: 2750 - 2544 - 5832
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, The Last of Us, Minecraft FTB, Final Fantasy IV
#3fredbeatswilmaPosted 9/11/2013 8:37:38 PM
How about you just go back to playing call of duty?

This game has had enough changes from competitive fps clowns who have no idea how loot games and rpgs work.
---
To snarf or not to snarf? That is the question.
Kiwimyweewee's alt
#4fredbeatswilmaPosted 9/11/2013 8:40:47 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5drake_skullPosted 9/11/2013 8:47:07 PM
Gryphter97 posted...
How about having a percentage of your XP, as well as post max level XP, build in a separate pool from character leveling? This XP pool could be used to level legendaries and uniques. It would give a reason to still have XP keep occuring once you reach level cap and allow you to level your your uniques and/or legendaries.

This would allow for more possibilities and replay value. For example, leveling for a better prefix, leveling for better skill enhancements on class mods, leveling for better attachments etc and over-all much deeper customization.

Black OPs and Modern Warfare fans, this would be similar to unlocking attachments, camos and perks. You would have full control over where you spent your XP pool. If you would rather level a Rough Rider than a Bee shield then that's where you spend your points. Then you have a legit reason for trades and such.

It is a very viable and proven game mechanic. This would allow people to not have to farm over and over for equipment, give a better more legit reason for multiple playthroughs, bring added value to co-op play, add value to the trade mechanic that we already have but don't utilize and give gearbox the ability to focus their creative talents on even more amazing content, DLCs, guns etc.

I can't see a drawback here guys but would like to have this be a discussion topic. :)

Well lets see...Its a loot based game and this would defeat the purpose of getting new loot once you got your preferred equipment. It would make the RNG system used for weapons pretty useless as you could go back to normal and very easily farm what you wanted then bump the level up so it would be pointless for enemies to drop loot after Normal mode was over.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
https://soundcloud.com/shake-like-e
#6Gryphter97(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 8:55:07 PM
fredbeatswilma posted...

This game has had enough changes from competitive fps clowns who have no idea how loot games and rpgs work.

Drake skull, that is an interesting point that I actually hadn't thought of. Killbot, I will admit that I was unaware that gearbox has addressed this so thoroughly.

User Name fredbeatswilma
User ID 6510966
Board User Level 31: Veteran
Awarded to users with at least 150 Karma.
Account Created Friday, March 23, 2012 11:24 PM
Last Visit Wednesday, September 11, 2013 8:43 PM
Signature To snarf or not to snarf? That is the question.
Kiwimyweewee's alt
Karma 305

Ha. How about you be less of a douche. You haven't been around long enough to even talk to me, so from now on, don't bother.
---
The truth is out there somewhere, that is why I am here hiding in the fantasy video games create
#7MillkdudzPosted 9/11/2013 9:06:00 PM
Gryphter97 posted...
fredbeatswilma posted...

Drake skull, that is an interesting point that I actually hadn't thought of. Killbot, I will admit that I was unaware that gearbox has addressed this so thoroughly.

User Name fredbeatswilma
User ID 6510966
Kiwimyweewee's alt
Karma 305

Ha. How about you be less of a douche. You haven't been around long enough to even talk to me, so from now on, don't bother.

.....and we're off ladies and gentlemen.

On topic, horrible idea the core game mechanic is fine the way it is!
#8Seiichi OmoriPosted 9/11/2013 9:15:28 PM
Gryphter97 posted...
fredbeatswilma posted...

User Name fredbeatswilma
User ID 6510966
Kiwimyweewee's alt
Karma 305

I beat your piddling karma by truckloads and I say freddy here is right

The KarmaLord, ie me, has spoken!
---
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/3533/atomickarate.gif
#9NinjaYuffie164Posted 9/11/2013 9:24:05 PM
There was already a topic identical to this posted a few hours ago, tc. In addition your own response in that topic is identical to what you stated when creating this topic. So what exactly is the point in repeating yourself?
#10KLOUDrocksPosted 9/11/2013 9:33:19 PM
Gryphter97 posted...

You did read in that profile you copy/pasted that FredBeatsWilma is the alt to kiwimyweewee, right? Though I think judging another person by the GameFAQs karma is absolutely ridiculous, I think judging them in a way that's not thorough at all (and being completely wrong) is even more ridiculous. In case you haven't checked yet, Kiwi's karma is 1206, which means that he has indeed been around longer than you have.

Silly Gryphter. Looks like your signature's pretty fitting.