Proven game mechanic missing from BL series....

#61MillkdudzPosted 9/14/2013 1:46:12 PM
siegeshot posted...
Proven game mechanic. That's easily. The level adjusting functionality from Dead Island and RE Revs Raid mode.

That needs to be a standard across every single MMO, period.

You see a level 14 quest? You're level 18. Just bump yourself down.

Your friend wants to start over and do things at level with you? Bump yourself down to level 1.

You want content to be harder? Bump yourself down.

Absolutely proven. Works great. Needs to happen.

Borderlands is not an MMO and I don't see this being a good idea in any way. We might as well start collecting monsters and growing our own vegetables at this point.
#62ApexMjolnirPosted 9/14/2013 1:58:44 PM
More replay value, means, Go farm for Infinities again... Go farm a new Pimpernel... Which means RESET THE ENTIRE GAME. Yeah. That is what replay value means... Not a separate arm of the game where you put points into a gun to make it better.

The Whole point of Borderlands is ruined because of Legendaries. The whole point is you are supposed to level up and ditch your old guns for Junk White ones, just to survive... not prance through 12-15 levels until your guns are garbage again, and then create an LF thread... for the same guns only higher level.

SURE... there could be something there... but there is already BA Rank... the game needs no extra boosts to exploit... and We definitely don't need to be able to save all the GUN POINTS, until we hit level 72, and then dump them into a single gun... 1-hitting all enemies... which will then get Duped by everyone.

Just Mod.

or Don't, and enjoy the game after your 30th playthrough...
---
GT: Wonderpill
#63siegeshotPosted 9/14/2013 7:40:38 PM(edited)
Millkdudz posted...
siegeshot posted...
Proven game mechanic. That's easily. The level adjusting functionality from Dead Island and RE Revs Raid mode.

Your friend wants to start over and do things at level with you? Bump yourself down to level 1.

Borderlands is not an MMO and I don't see this being a good idea in any way. We might as well start collecting monsters and growing our own vegetables at this point.

You don't see it being good? Is that an emotional response? Come back and post some objective logic and let me know when you have a valid counter-argument. An MMO can be any game that allows more than one player at a time. I already stated two MMO's that work just fine with it. Hence the topic title. Otherwise I assume you're trolling and you get ignored.

I have one more proven game mechanic missing from the BL series. It's called 3rd person perspective. Locking it to first person when the game engine clearly can run 3rd person is nonsense. It zooms in and zooms out fine as needed. Works just fine when I drive vehicles. Etc. etc. Allow 3rd person perspective.

---
Can we get a standalone console Mercs/Raid with Frank West, Rachael (Rachel) Foley, Quint Cetcham, and Jack Krauser with RE4 Village and RE5 Public Assembly?
#64Kpt_KapowskiPosted 9/14/2013 7:45:22 PM
siegeshot posted...
Millkdudz posted...
siegeshot posted...

You don't see it being good? Is that an emotional response? Come back and post some objective logic and let me know when you have a valid counter-argument. An MMO can be any game that allows more than one player at a time. I already stated two MMO's that work just fine with it. Hence the topic title. Otherwise I assume you're trolling and you get ignored.

I have one more proven game mechanic missing from the BL series. It's called 3rd person perspective. Locking it to first person when the game engine clearly can run 3rd person is nonsense. It zooms in and zooms out fine as needed. Works just fine when I drive vehicles. Etc. etc. Allow 3rd person perspective.

no
---
Lmfao I win
#65MillkdudzPosted 9/14/2013 8:34:35 PM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massively_multiplayer_online_game

Four isn't exactly a massive amount

As for the rest of your post, sure looks like you ignored me. Kudos. My point is borderlands is borderlands, and trying to make it another game is pointless. They have a proven game mechanic already, and the kind of changes you and others suggest will in my view, and obviously many others view, change the game fundamentally, and gearbox is smart enough to know that will not fly with their base. They will undoubtedly make minor tweeks, but I trust them enough to say that borderworlds will not resemble the game being discussed in this thread, which is basically an amalgam of 30 other games that have nothing to do with BL
#66kiwimyweeweePosted 9/14/2013 9:18:22 PM
Millkdudz posted...
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massively_multiplayer_online_game

Four isn't exactly a massive amount

As for the rest of your post, sure looks like you ignored me. Kudos. My point is borderlands is borderlands, and trying to make it another game is pointless. They have a proven game mechanic already, and the kind of changes you and others suggest will in my view, and obviously many others view, change the game fundamentally, and gearbox is smart enough to know that will not fly with their base. They will undoubtedly make minor tweeks, but I trust them enough to say that borderworlds will not resemble the game being discussed in this thread, which is basically an amalgam of 30 other games that have nothing to do with BL

Holy Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints! Thank you.

If you like what mass effect, CoD does, or any other game does just play them. Bringing other aspects into games is what eventually makes them the same and not different. There are basis fundamental aspects in every game the adopt similar mechanics to others to a certain degree. When you start taking other games exact same mechanics and adopting them into another it stops making things different but the same.
---
Victimization is the current fad of America.
fredbeatswilma's alt
#67siegeshotPosted 9/15/2013 7:25:27 PM(edited)
Why are you in this thread if you can't read and comprehend the title?

3rd person already works. It should be optional in BL2.
Level scaling already works in other games. It should be optional in BL2.
I should be able to see my own loot. You don't have rights to 100% of the loot anyway.

If you don't like people posting in response to the thread topic you can put it on ignore and kindly find your own topics or make a counter topic, who cares, but you're trolling this one and bashing everyone who response positively to the thread.

Trolls. You're trolls. Go away. Let people post. Welcome to ignore.

This is a thread that is specifically about proven game mechanics missing from BL. That means we get to post about that topic without getting bashed.

---
Can we get a standalone console Mercs/Raid with Frank West, Rachael (Rachel) Foley, Quint Cetcham, and Jack Krauser with RE4 Village and RE5 Public Assembly?
#68Kpt_KapowskiPosted 9/15/2013 8:39:42 PM
siegeshot posted...

I should be able to see my own loot. You don't have rights to 100% of the loot anyway.

If you don't like people posting in response to the thread topic you can put it on ignore and kindly find your own topics or make a counter topic, who cares, but you're trolling this one and bashing everyone who response positively to the thread.

This is a thread that is specifically about proven game mechanics missing from BL. That means we get to post about that topic without getting bashed.

wow, I needed a good belly laugh.

:)

thanks bro
---
Lmfao I win
#69kiwimyweeweePosted 9/15/2013 8:53:05 PM
siegeshot posted...

No, I have just as much right to counter your points as you do to make them. I'm not goading you into responses. All I am doing is taking your guys points and refuting them or saying said mechanics are in the game just not the way you described.

Just because 3rd person worked in one game doesn't mean it should be in every game, like every other mechanic listed.

Borderlands is what it is, Call of Duty is what it is, Mass Effect is what it is, MMO'S are what they are, and Two Worlds is what it is.

Also stop crying troll, learn the difference between trolling and disagreement.
---
Victimization is the current fad of America.
fredbeatswilma's alt