So is Gaige the new farming vault hunter to go to due to the Buck Up glitch?

#21LaharPosted 9/17/2013 8:30:42 AM
I couldn't get it to work. Do you have to be connected to live?

This is what I was doing:
-summon DT
-drop shield
-pick up shield (hold X to fast equip?)
-DT uses Buck Up
-as he's still doing it on me, fast travel somewhere

The last is where I think I was going wrong ("as soon as he uses Buck Up on you area transfer"). I did it 4 or 5 times, and delay was nowhere near 0, and I was trying it with a Hoplite and the recharge wasn't getting any faster.
---
I said runt.
#22malcolm913Posted 9/17/2013 9:44:56 AM
Lahar posted...
I couldn't get it to work. Do you have to be connected to live?

This is what I was doing:
-summon DT
-drop shield
-pick up shield (hold X to fast equip?)
-DT uses Buck Up
-as he's still doing it on me, fast travel somewhere

The last is where I think I was going wrong ("as soon as he uses Buck Up on you area transfer"). I did it 4 or 5 times, and delay was nowhere near 0, and I was trying it with a Hoplite and the recharge wasn't getting any faster.

Here is how I did it:

1. Summon DT
2. Drop a grenade (usually, I just remove my grenade mod, so it is the default)
->This should damage your shield enough to where DT will use Buck Up
3. Travel to a new area while DT is using Buck Up. By this, I mean DO NOT use a fast travel, but do this near an area connection.
4. After the new area loads, you should still see the Buck Up glowing effect, then you know that it worked.
---
GT: malcolm913
#23LaharPosted 9/17/2013 11:20:47 AM
Thanks for clarifying, especially about travelling and how you'll know it worked. I think I'll have more luck with the grenade method.
---
I said runt.
#24malcolm913Posted 9/17/2013 11:32:23 AM
I wanted to see how and if it actually worked. And it does. It certainly didn't seem to make me invincible, of course, depending on how much damage that I absorbed at once; at least against raid bosses.

I am not exactly sure how the stacking works. My shield recharged nearly instantaneously and I couldn't get DT to use Buck Up again on me.
---
GT: malcolm913
#25LaharPosted 9/17/2013 3:07:34 PM
For stacking, dropping the shield gets DT to do Buck Up. I might try it with the Rough Rider; less action on my part and you just move areas.
---
I said runt.
#26Kung_Fu_FighterPosted 9/17/2013 5:22:14 PM
To clarify, there's no dropping the shield item on the ground or whatever.

Just take a hit so DT will want to recharge your shield. Then when it's filling up, do the zone change.
---
"Those who want everything will end up with nothing."--Lulu, FFX
#27nyckittyPosted 9/17/2013 6:05:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkNki5UFrjQ
---
What would John Lennon think of the world now if he were alive?
GT: paradoxiam10
#28Gryphter97Posted 9/18/2013 7:38:44 PM
I don't play mechro at all yet but has anyone tried this with the actual bee shield in order to get recharge delay dropped to almost nothing and have Constant amp shot? I understand that this makes other amp shields "like the bee" but what about the bee?

Also, do any other effects carry over when you swap shields? IE, can you have flame and corrode immunity if you alternate during buck up stacks?
---
The truth is out there somewhere, that is why I am here hiding in the fantasy video games create
#29nyckittyPosted 9/18/2013 8:08:18 PM
Gryphter97 posted...
I don't play mechro at all yet but has anyone tried this with the actual bee shield in order to get recharge delay dropped to almost nothing and have Constant amp shot? I understand that this makes other amp shields "like the bee" but what about the bee?

Also, do any other effects carry over when you swap shields? IE, can you have flame and corrode immunity if you alternate during buck up stacks?

you can use any shield, check out the video
---
What would John Lennon think of the world now if he were alive?
GT: paradoxiam10
#30LaharPosted 9/19/2013 4:06:36 AM
This is pretty sweet. I loaded a Gaige mule to stack the effect on Krieg and I was nigh untouchable in Digistruct Peak. I just need a better Bee shield now.

The timing's just a bit pickier for splitscreening because of the travel countdown. I worked it out so that I would hit the travel button, then just after the count of 4, summon DT. He'd do Buck Up when it's down to 1.
---
I said runt.