Best explosive weapons?

#1DrDoomPosted 9/19/2013 7:12:24 PM
TT. Been rocking a Hellborn Krieg and just recently hit TVHM. He's been melting faces, especially w/ the fireball skill... BUT I'm really getting annoyed at the random times I will die b/c I've killed everyone but I'm still on fire(even worse--enemy proc'd on me with their last shots).

I've been thinking about working my way up to his overkill skill in his mania tree to work in tandem w/ his DOT healing skill...but respec into explosives looks like a lot of fun too.

tl;dr: What's considered the 1st and second best explosive AR,SG,RL, and HG( I have 2 UH, but no DPUH)...and are there ANY explosive SMGs?
---
I'm flippin', I'm stackin', I'm flippin',I'm stackin',I'm flippin'...
#2submortimerPosted 9/19/2013 7:19:57 PM
AR: KerBlaster. Torgue got that mother f*ckin BOOM!

Shotgun: probably the Carnage. Cause it shoots rockets, and does a crapload of damage.

Handgun: doesn't get better than the DPUH. That's the cream of the crop. I got one if you need one :)

Sniper rifle: The Cobra is the only option here, but its a good one. That beast eats people alive.

Launcher: obviously the Norfleet, but the badaboom! Is a great option if you aren't doing crazy sham tricks.

And no, I don't think there are any explosive SMGs, unless you count tossing the baby maker. If so, that's the winner.
#3doughnutmanPosted 9/19/2013 7:35:45 PM
Assault Rifle: Ogre.

Shotgun: SWORDSPLOSION!!! The carnage is just bad... really bad compred to this.

Pistol: DPUH.

Fourth gun should be something elemental, if you're hellborn, hellfire for most areas, and anything with loaders i'd use a twin hornet. Or the fourth gun can be a slag gun like the Slagga, or Florentine. Or just use Magic Missile.
---
Gamertag: ArsenicJoker
#4DrDoom(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 7:57:20 PM
Good,good this is what I wanted--two different answers. I'm gonna go after all of the guns both of you suggested. REALLY disappointed there is no exp SMG tho :/ Don't see why itnwould be worse than a spingun.

I've been tempted to take the DPUH before(even buying Tourge DLC despite the GotY looming), but I have found that the hunt for a weap has been the main reason I'm still playing. TY tho.

I did forget to ask: Is it thumper or nothing if I don't have the DLC? I have been shooting for a Neogen-whateverthe**** to help with the ignite dmg but I also have a 72 Firehawk for my hellborn.
---
#5killbot357Posted 9/19/2013 8:05:19 PM
submortimer posted...
Launcher: obviously the Norfleet, but the badaboom! Is a great option if you aren't doing crazy sham tricks.

Explosive Norfleet doesn't exist.
---
XBOX / PSN: illbzo1 3DS FC: 2750 - 2544 - 5832
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, Diablo 3, Minecraft FTB, Final Fantasy IV
#6doughnutmanPosted 9/19/2013 8:05:24 PM
Btw, the carnage is only good at longer range... and if you're krieg you probably won't be at long range very often. The swordsplosion easily outdamages the carnage, and when i did crit tests on the carnage, I learned not only is the damage output lower than the swordsplosion but it also won't be able to get your critical hits unless they fixed it.
---
Gamertag: ArsenicJoker
#7DrDoom(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 8:22:07 PM
Didn't know that about the Norfleet or the Carnage. Still, I'll prob end up getting a Carn before the Swordsplo simply b/c I don't have the DLC yet.

Keep 'em coming, ppl--this has been very informative(and it's saved me a lot of farming.)
---
#8Jambi_ManPosted 9/19/2013 8:30:23 PM
Ogre

Also, the KerBlaster & Swordsplosion are great.

Only Torgue makes explosive weapons, and Torgue doesn't make a SMG.

Of course there's also the crutch DPUH.
---
OH - IO
Go Bucks!
#9Jambi_ManPosted 9/19/2013 8:36:35 PM
For point blank range, you can't beat a Ravager.
---
OH - IO
Go Bucks!
#10DrDoom(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 8:43:28 PM
Hmmm...ok went to check the ravager out on the wiki and it looks fun. It's on the list.

Despite no exp SMGs... I really wish a digisruct boss dropped one.

I have a pretty nasy Rolling Thunder that I'm waiting to equip--but is there better?
---