Do you ENJOY low drop rates?

#1VandorLeePosted 9/24/2013 1:08:28 PM
Do you? - Results (185 votes)
Yes
19.46% (36 votes)
No
80.54% (149 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I love pretty much everything about the game BESIDES the low drop rates. If i could, i would change the drop rates and make them at least 10x better than what they are.

I solo and every so often its time to upgrade gear but the store only sells green at best (maybe blue) and chests, in normal gameplay are rare, and the chance of a legendary dropping randomly is insanely low so i go farm a chest.

I dont find it enjoyable to reload and open chests especially when theyre rarer this time around but thats the game.

Itd be great if good gear was common enough to not farm chests or bosses because its not fun to kill said boss or open chest over and over. Duping really helps the game to me and i appreciate people that spare the time to dupe stuff when people ask.

Just my opinion, obviously.
---
"God didn't create humans... No!, Its humans who created God"
"Dr. Londez, "Cowboy Bebop: Brain Scratch (#1.23)" (1999)
#2terrysmay04Posted 9/24/2013 1:14:35 PM
I would like the legendary guns to drop just a bit more (like 5-10%), but that is all. I just feel like if I sink 2 hours into farming a specific gun that I should at least get something for my trouble.
---
Compromises are for lesser souls, die werewolf zombie.
#3GnilpmudPosted 9/24/2013 1:18:14 PM
I hate lack of storage more than low drop rates.
I spent three hours the other night organizing all of my Legendaries/Pearls between all 5 of my characters..

Loading in Sanctuary, going to the safe, placing 4 items in locker, quitting, loading second character, ETC.

Playing late night, I've joined several games that start me in Sanctuary, and as soon as I leave the initial room with the Fast Travel station, the entire street is littered with Legendaries / Pearls / random high level low level you name it, people coming and going, chatting, trading...

So it goes without saying that coming across rare items isn't a problem for me moreso than having characters high enough in level to actually use them.
---
I'm selling these fine leather jackets.
XBL GT: Sabotage Mahal
#4killbot357Posted 9/24/2013 1:21:53 PM(edited)
I don't really care for the low drop rates, especially since Gearbox doesn't seem to care at all about duping.

I'd like every enemy to have a 1% chance to drop anything (except for uniques) period. And specific bosses to have a 5% chance to drop one of their legendaries.

Raid bosses should be higher, maybe 25%.
---
XBOX / PSN: illbzo1 3DS FC: 2750 - 2544 - 5832
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, Diablo 3, Minecraft FTB, Final Fantasy IV
#5WolfFangHowellPosted 9/24/2013 1:39:21 PM
killbot357 posted...
I don't really care for the low drop rates, especially since Gearbox doesn't seem to care at all about duping.

I'd like every enemy to have a 1% chance to drop anything (except for uniques) period. And specific bosses to have a 5% chance to drop one of their legendaries.

Raid bosses should be higher, maybe 25%.

1% chance to drop anything?

So thats like, 10,000,000% to account for.
---
"Needless to say that drumset looked worse than Emmit Till during his funeral viewing." ---Brock HCTP
#6Jambi_ManPosted 9/24/2013 2:00:45 PM
Love it. Lower the better.
---
OH - IO
Go Bucks!
#7DuneManPosted 9/24/2013 2:26:32 PM
I generally dislike low drop rates. Why include a bunch of unique or fun items in the game if the average gamer isn't going to see 80% of it? It's even worse in games that have 'set items'. In most cases you'll never see the complete sets at all until you hit the ultimate level cap and have no choice in the matter.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#8Kung_Fu_FighterPosted 9/24/2013 2:45:51 PM
No. Either up the drop rates across the board or add lots more Legendary items.

When you play for hours and finally get your 1% Legendary drop and it ends up being a Flakker is so disappointing.
---
"Those who want everything will end up with nothing."--Lulu, FFX
#9VandorLee(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 3:00:14 PM
Kung_Fu_Fighter posted...
No. Either up the drop rates across the board or add lots more Legendary items.

When you play for hours and finally get your 1% Legendary drop and it ends up being a Flakker is so disappointing.

Or what about legendarys with multiple prefix's? So its practically a nothing chance for the legendary to drop AND have said prefix...
---
"God didn't create humans... No!, Its humans who created God"
"Dr. Londez, "Cowboy Bebop: Brain Scratch (#1.23)" (1999)
#10Kung_Fu_FighterPosted 9/24/2013 3:13:06 PM
^^ There should be a gun smith where you can spend whatever to swap parts to change prefixes.

I know GB said they'll never do it because they're stupid or something, but it would add a lot to the game imo.
---
"Those who want everything will end up with nothing."--Lulu, FFX