Can't kill the BAR TNK's with Krieg.

#1drocksteady69Posted 9/24/2013 7:38:17 PM
First post here. I'm not a great player, but decent enough (or patient enough) to get to level 72. It seems like I'm rolling right along on Digistruct peak, first time through no OP, and I can't get past the two BAR TNK's that spawn after you jump from the cliff.

Maybe I need to get out of the Krieg box and just Beehawk them or something?

Axes don't phase them. I can't run around the scant cover long enough to DOT them with something caustic.

Any help would be appreciated. Oh, my build is pretty much focused on explosive damage and release the beast as needed.

Thanks to all.
#2doughnutmanPosted 9/24/2013 7:50:41 PM
Twin Hornet helped me with those a lot. It seems to be one of the highest damage corrosive guns imo. Has a decent fire rate as well. DoT's won't do anything hardly in Digistruct Peak. Just shoot it a lot with a twin hornet and they go down fairly quickly.
---
Gamertag: ArsenicJoker
#3drocksteady69(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 7:55:46 PM
doughnutman posted...
Twin Hornet helped me with those a lot. It seems to be one of the highest damage corrosive guns imo. Has a decent fire rate as well. DoT's won't do anything hardly in Digistruct Peak. Just shoot it a lot with a twin hornet and they go down fairly quickly.

Thanks. I'm not sure at the moment what hornet I have. What does the twin prefix do? Any critical spots to shoot for?
#4regornamPosted 9/24/2013 8:26:13 PM
drocksteady69 posted...
doughnutman posted...

Thanks. I'm not sure at the moment what hornet I have. What does the twin prefix do? Any critical spots to shoot for?

Twin fires x2 shots, but it's kind of slow: I prefer the variant (React Hornet) that absolutely *pisses* bullets when zoomed.

Also: If it has eyes, I'm guessing that's the crit spot, but not sure about that.
---
XBL GT: Ogami Itto
#5drocksteady69(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 8:38:36 PM
regornam posted...
drocksteady69 posted...
doughnutman posted...

Twin fires x2 shots, but it's kind of slow: I prefer the variant (React Hornet) that absolutely *pisses* bullets when zoomed.

Also: If it has eyes, I'm guessing that's the crit spot, but not sure about that.

I just checked and I have the "tactical hornet" it is scoped so it should help nailing the crits if/when I locate them.. I'll give it a try tomorrow and if I can't make it happen, I guess I'll try to ride somebodies coat tails in multiplayer that can take them out.

My one previous multiplayer attempt, another player knocked them down like it wasn't a thing. Then everybody died trying to heal everybody in the next area.

Thanks for the tips.
#6doughnutmanPosted 9/24/2013 8:54:32 PM
Digistruct you really shouldn't worry about healing everyone else. People at that point should be able to heal themselves. Sirens are nice for rez's but you shouldn't rely on that heavily.

Twin Hornet is nice because of the extra bullets. I think twin does more damage than the other ones personally.
---
Gamertag: ArsenicJoker
#7MarsillioPosted 9/25/2013 1:40:51 AM(edited)
You could give an explosive build a shot. Get a bunch of TORGUE!!!! guns - an Ogre/Spitter, Causual Swordsplosion/Quad shotty, Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold/Pocket Rocket, and Nukem/your choice of super powerful explosive Rocket Launcher. Crunch class mod with a healthy boost to explosive damage (at least 40%) and boosts Strip the Flesh. An explosive relic and your choice of grenade and shield completes the gear loadout. Five leftover points for whatever you want.

http://www.bl2skills.com/psycho.html#50500510050050500505055150050000000

With this skill distribution going from explosive to melee is as easy as switching your relic, shield, and class mod. Since the splash damage from torgue guns is considered grenade damage Bloodbath will boost their damage by 250% at 100 Bloodlust stacks. It will also (I think) boost the damage from Buzz Axe Bombardier. That 250% extra damage will cause a good amount of overkill damage which is why Thrill of the Kill is filled out.

Hope this helps.
---
Capcom won't see another damn cent from me until Mega Man Legends 3 is released.
#8drocksteady69(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2013 4:07:52 AM
Marsillio posted...
You could give an explosive build a shot. Get a bunch of TORGUE!!!! guns - an Ogre/Spitter, Causual Swordsplosion/Quad shotty, Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold/Pocket Rocket, and Nukem/your choice of super powerful explosive Rocket Launcher. Crunch class mod with a healthy boost to explosive damage (at least 40%) and boosts Strip the Flesh. An explosive relic and your choice of grenade and shield completes the gear loadout. Five leftover points for whatever you want.

http://www.bl2skills.com/psycho.html#50500510050050500505055150050000000

With this skill distribution going from explosive to melee is as easy as switching your relic, shield, and class mod. Since the splash damage from torgue guns is considered grenade damage Bloodbath will boost their damage by 250% at 100 Bloodlust stacks. It will also (I think) boost the damage from Buzz Axe Bombardier. That 250% extra damage will cause a good amount of overkill damage which is why Thrill of the Kill is filled out.

Hope this helps.

Maybe I need to seek out a better crunch mod. Mine is blue and I can't think of how much the explosive boost is. I currently don't have an explosive relic ( I think ). I have been going for more health to make it easier to see when to go into Release the Beast.

As it stands now those things just shrug off my casual Swordsplosion and DPUH. It would probably also help if I jumped right into battle before my STW and bloodlust stacks decay.

I'm not giving up just yet, but I will continue to work on getting my Axton up to 72.
#9futureopsPosted 9/25/2013 7:57:14 AM
This is the only game where I frequently get stuck during missions,that is why it's my favourite game and I used the Hive Rocket Launcher to defeat them.
#10kjoinnePosted 9/26/2013 1:11:36 PM
i can help you if you want.. :)
---
GT: kjoinne
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8RMDFWWP8c