Story of beggers and their quest for loot.

#1doughnutmanPosted 9/26/2013 3:47:01 PM
So I think people should share their stories about people who beg or demand loot.

This guy friend requested me today, doesn't say anything. I messaged him and all he says is "hellfire?" When I tell him "so?" All he says is "I need one." As if I'm supposed to automatically give him one. And I tell him "How does that apply to me?" and he calls me a "D***." So I looked up his gamertag and apparently on Youtube he had posted comments saying "duping is for noobs and i hope it's patched" And offering someone every legendary in exchange for Microsoft points. When I mention that he gets all defensive saying "When the hell did I mention that."

Apparently I'm rude because I told him no. And then kinda threw it back in his face. So anyone else have experiences like this lately?
---
Gamertag: ArsenicJoker
#28luedevilPosted 9/26/2013 4:02:35 PM
I try and help people when I can but rather than leave my GT out here for randoms to use weeks later to beg I will PM the person that needs help. My message is always very simple and clear. I ask to be messaged on live and since I often have a list of people to help I ask that the message remind me what they are looking for and at what level.

Guess the percentage of responses that actually follow those simple requests?

Wrong, you guessed too high...
---
Don't trust atoms, they make up everything.
#3doughnutman(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 4:07:13 PM
My guess would actually be none. I haven't duped in about 2 or 3 weeks is the thing. I've been playing other games mostly. I haven't even duped a hellfire in over a month.

I think it's funny though how the guy insults dupers and calls them noobs, yet asked me for a gun, and offered dupes on youtube. And when I asked him about it he said "that wasn't me, there's other people with that name." When the posts included his gamertag. And I doubt someone is impersonating his gamertag on youtube.
---
Gamertag: ArsenicJoker
#48luedevilPosted 9/26/2013 4:18:26 PM
Actually I must admit, in general people are decent about it but sadly it only takes one, like you described, to make one want to stop helping altogether.
---
#5Argyle_GargoylePosted 9/26/2013 4:19:05 PM
my tune has changed and at this point, i dont give a s*** if people dupe. that said. i dont do it. never been a fan. i dont really judge people unless they are irritating

ive gotten several messages from random people on XBL randomly seeking things, most of them actually quite rude. but my favorite happened a while back when someone asked me to get them a shredifier.

apparently, they had seen a post i made on here simply talking about the gun and went from there. now i havnt possessed a shredifier since the level cap was 50. just out of curiosity, i searched the word "shredifier" and low and behold, there was a topic i posted in about it. so old that it had long been archived.

there are other ones, but that one is the most ridiculous
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#68luedevilPosted 9/26/2013 4:26:43 PM
I accepted an invite to a game and started dropping the gear that was requested and then mid drop he asks if I have this and that instead of what he listed in his request.

Seems simple enough, someone asks you to message with what you want and comes to drop what you want, why not just list what you really wanted in the first place and save us both time and trouble.

Also, when I tell you it will be 30 minutes before I can get to you, messaging every 8 minutes asking if I have your stuff does NOT make it happen any quicker and with every message makes it less likely to happen at all
---
#7terrysmay04Posted 9/26/2013 4:27:12 PM
I have only had a couple people randomly message me on Live for loot. Which is funny since most of my posts I make on here are anti-duping. But it was someone who just wanted me to "help them out with some guns"

I messaged back "I don't do that. where did you get my GT?"

His reply "your mom"

Me: "last time my mom duped I ended up killing my twin brother"

He didn't reply again lol
---
I hate so many things about what you choose to be.
#88luedevilPosted 9/26/2013 4:29:11 PM
terrysmay04 posted...
I have only had a couple people randomly message me on Live for loot. Which is funny since most of my posts I make on here are anti-duping. But it was someone who just wanted me to "help them out with some guns"

I messaged back "I don't do that. where did you get my GT?"

His reply "your mom"

Me: "last time my mom duped I ended up killing my twin brother"

He didn't reply again lol

Well played!
---
#9megaman91985Posted 9/26/2013 5:08:12 PM
Haven't had a problem with it yet. I'm afraid it will happen eventually.
---
Amy Anderson/Ami Mizuno lover! ^_^
GT: MegamanNT19
#108luedevilPosted 9/26/2013 5:21:26 PM
It WILL happen but only because, like any section of humanity, there are douchebags hidden among the regular nice folk.
---