Story of beggers and their quest for loot.

#718luedevilPosted 9/29/2013 10:21:34 AM
From now on when I PM someone offering to help my message will read like this.

"Message me on live (insert GT here)

Please remind me what you are after and at what level.

Please have a mic.

Pleased do NOT friend request me, I only asked for a message.

Do NOT be a douche.

Remember it will not hurt your fingers or your ego to type the words thank you."
---
Don't trust atoms, they make up everything.
#728luedevilPosted 9/29/2013 10:23:31 AM(edited)
Oops, I double posted.
#738luedevilPosted 9/29/2013 7:42:01 PM
Helped a guy 3 hours ago with OP 6 gear and just got this message from him...

"just made op8...love infinitys...sandhawks...comm/siren mods...sheriffs badge...have everything else. sometime this week or now if ur free...thx"

I told him "I love infinities and sandhawks too!"
---
#74doughnutman(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2013 8:10:18 PM
8luedevil posted...
Helped a guy 3 hours ago with OP 6 gear and just got this message from him...

"just made op8...love infinitys...sandhawks...comm/siren mods...sheriffs badge...have everything else. sometime this week or now if ur free...thx"

I told him "I love infinities and sandhawks too!"

Did he get mad at you? I had the same thing happen. Gave someone a full set of OP 3 gear, and then they're like "oh I need OP 8 gear now." I just replied with "Yeah it's pretty good stuff." He got really pissed off as if I'm supposed to give it to him. People treat you like a personal vendor after you help them. Especially people who know I can use gibbed. Just because I have gibbed doesn't mean I use it for everything. I just gave myself the new pearls which I never use and class mods. But besides that all the guns I have are mainly stuff from around level 61 or guns I either farmed myself or traded for a while back. And I just leveled them up in gibbed. So I didn't really "give" myself anything.

But ya know, since I'm able to use gibbed, I'm obligated to give people anything and everything they want.
---
Gamertag: ArsenicJoker
#758luedevilPosted 9/29/2013 8:14:29 PM
Here is the message exchange so far

Them: "just made op8...love infinitys...sandhawks...comm/siren mods...sheriffs badge...have everything else. sometime this week or now if ur free...thx"

Me: "I love infinities and sandhawks too!"

Them: "nice...so does now work for you?"

Me: "To talk about our mutual love for infinities and sandhawks...?"

Them:"ha ha...to get op8 gear"

Me: "As good a time as any. Digistruct Peak never closes and there are no lines, like ever. I say get it whenever you want. I usually get mine in the afternoon."

Them: "lol...i'll send u an invite ina minute...thx."

Me: "An invite?! Very nice of you. Where are you taking me? What shall I wear?"

Them: "limited time to play...let me know if u want to come to sanctuary"

Me: "Isn't that the story of life, never enough time to play. I appreciate the offer, I do, but I have already seen Sanctuary. Nice town but a bit too much knocking for me. Say Hi to Tannis for me."

Them: "Will do"
---
#76SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 9/30/2013 3:52:35 AM
3CDED posted...
tbh killbot is a more reliable source of information than bing.

Not really saying much.

In any case, I've had so many requests for dupes of my Black Knight skin for zero.

Funnily enough, they've all (that I can remember) been quite polite, and even thanked me for it. I help them because I know that the skin is a pain in the arse to get; I had to trade two verm skins for it.

Though, there are occasionally people that annoy me. I usually block them. People who ask me for random things out of the blue, or make continuous requests after I've helped them once.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr - http://www.youtube.com/user/SuprSaiyanRockr
*internet station in progress*
#77RinglercorpPosted 9/30/2013 5:17:56 AM
8luedevil posted...

Them: "just made op8...love infinitys...sandhawks...comm/siren mods...sheriffs badge...have everything else. sometime this week or now if ur free...thx"

Me: "I love infinities and sandhawks too!"

Them: "nice...so does now work for you?"

Me: "To talk about our mutual love for infinities and sandhawks...?"

Them:"ha ha...to get op8 gear"

Me: "As good a time as any. Digistruct Peak never closes and there are no lines, like ever. I say get it whenever you want. I usually get mine in the afternoon."

Me: "Isn't that the story of life, never enough time to play. I appreciate the offer, I do, but I have already seen Sanctuary. Nice town but a bit too much knocking for me. Say Hi to Tannis for me."

So what did you end up wearing?

I MUST KNOW
---
NOPE! It's just Chuck Testa.
#783CDEDPosted 9/30/2013 5:21:19 AM
continuous requests are a pain.

back off topic i know but back in forza i had one guy who asked me to tune a car. so i did. anyways he kept driving random cars and saying "oh i like this can you tune it?" after the 3rd one he aksed again "can u tune dis?"

i told him no he should use the other 3 things i tuned for him and he replys "oh i can't drive those ones"

he couldn't understand why i got mad at him. people who don't realise they are being annoying are even more frustrating.
---
Resident GFAQS Karin Fanboi
http://www.hachiroku.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/_mg_7468.jpg
#79WemedgePosted 9/30/2013 8:47:24 AM
I rarely ask for things. I played through with my Commando to level 72 almost entirely by myself. He's saddled down with mostly blues and purple's and he gets his ass handed to him constantly because he does not have elite gear.

I agree with TC that people who friend up for duping only are kinda lame but I do not fault anyone for looking to make their character better. I received duped items back at level 50 which helped tremendously.

I will post the occasional dupe request but rarely do ever get back what I am looking for (like that damnable illusive level 72 conference call or legendary commando mod).
#808luedevilPosted 9/30/2013 9:56:38 AM
Ringlercorp posted...
8luedevil posted...

So what did you end up wearing?

I MUST KNOW

I wore in what I always wear to play Borderlands 2.

NOTHING
---