Need Tips/Assistance UVHM Lvl Gunzerker

#1RobbyatPosted 10/20/2013 10:51:27 AM
Looking for some advice on how to build/spec out a Gunzerker in UVHM to be able to push through on solo. Currently I am lvl 52 and stuck at the Pyro end boss for the first level, and after almost using up all my money had to call it quits for now.

I am currently at 40k shields 100k health, in a typical Rampage/Brawn build (Brawn all the way down) and have a decent SLAG smg that I pair with rapid fire sniper, shock smg and a acid shotgun. So far I have had decent luck moving through, but I really live in a constant state of second winds and having my health and shields brought down very quickly.

Any assistance/advice would be appreciated.
---
Xbox Tag: BloodzAT
PS3 Tag: BloodzAT
#2playboydojoPosted 10/20/2013 11:32:36 AM
Dump Brawn for Gunlust. At the rate of damage you face, it makes so little difference.
---
...and then I said, "Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!"
#3doughnutmanPosted 10/20/2013 11:37:05 AM
Robbyat posted...
Looking for some advice on how to build/spec out a Gunzerker in UVHM to be able to push through on solo. Currently I am lvl 52 and stuck at the Pyro end boss for the first level, and after almost using up all my money had to call it quits for now.

I am currently at 40k shields 100k health, in a typical Rampage/Brawn build (Brawn all the way down) and have a decent SLAG smg that I pair with rapid fire sniper, shock smg and a acid shotgun. So far I have had decent luck moving through, but I really live in a constant state of second winds and having my health and shields brought down very quickly.

Any assistance/advice would be appreciated.

Post your build.

If you prefer gunlust/brawn over the other two trees, I'll help suggest a build for you.

But the other two will over more damage overall. And do you mean Flynt? Also, I wouldn't use a sniper against him. If you have the Torgue DLC, you can farm a Unkempt Harold quickly. Double penetrating really isn't necessary to beat it with. Or just farm the guy who drops them. From what I understand it's not too hard of a farm. It'll help a bit more than the sniper probably.
---
Gamertag: ArsenicJoker
#4Robbyat(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 12:38:55 PM
http://www.bl2skills.com/gunzerker.html#000000000000505510311055005000551

Is my build. For the torque DLC can I do this in TVHM or will I need the UVHM version? I have stayed away from farming in the past and just used shift keys, but I am starting to see that specific loot is starting to become more of a requirement if I want to solo.

I am also open to the gunlust tree, just really never tried in the past because my initial goal had been to be a tank for my friends...even though I die just as fast as they do basically.
---
#5doughnutmanPosted 10/20/2013 12:52:14 PM
Robbyat posted...
http://www.bl2skills.com/gunzerker.html#000000000000505510311055005000551

Is my build. For the torque DLC can I do this in TVHM or will I need the UVHM version? I have stayed away from farming in the past and just used shift keys, but I am starting to see that specific loot is starting to become more of a requirement if I want to solo.

I am also open to the gunlust tree, just really never tried in the past because my initial goal had been to be a tank for my friends...even though I die just as fast as they do basically.

Yeah tanking isn't as viable later in the game. You may live longer. But the Damage Given to Damage Taken gets kind of more into the enemies favor the higher level you go up. So tanking is harder to do. With Gunzerker you have to rely moreso on the moxxi weapons typically.

And you can do the Bar Room Brawl for Torgue Tokens on the TVHM difficulty and it'll still be the Level 50 Rewards. Which will be good enough for now probably for a few levels. And you can easily farm it again, but doing the quest on TVHM then switching to UVHM and buying it.

http://www.bl2skills.com/gunzerker.html#325000550300505513410000000000000

I'd try something like that for now. If you don't use pistols much, you can change I'm Your Huckleberry to All I Need is One, but if you farm for the Unkempt Harold then that build should work fine, It'll offer quite a bit more damage.

And picking up one of the moxxi weapons will help a lot, I think the Slow Hand drops quite frequently off Badassasaurus Rex which is a decent one. Rubi's offer more health return though.
---
Gamertag: ArsenicJoker
#6Robbyat(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 2:08:52 PM
Thanks for the info. For Moxi where is the best place to get the weapons/farm?
---
#7Robbyat(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 4:22:10 PM
So I gave the build a shot, and have one drawback that appears to be loot driven. Without any health regen I am in a constant low health mode, gunzering helps but overall I might need to go back to brawn to compensate in the interim. I also looked up the rubi gun...but not sure how to get it now that I did the quest awhile back and sold that gun
---
#8jsjack2002Posted 10/20/2013 5:49:33 PM
You should remove the points from "Filled to the Brim" and put them into "Inconceivable". You will get more money shots that way. That will do more for you than a larger magazine.

I also would use "Get Some" as well.