The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Headhunter DLC

#1zombienatio0Posted 10/20/2013 2:02:40 PM
as it comes out soon... are people excited about it? Or do most really not care?

I am kinda curious if it will add some new things other than candy and a new head. Maybe a halloween themed gun or something... havent seen any posts about it so i decided to start this one o-o
#2CoolsandpiperPosted 10/20/2013 2:07:06 PM
Im ready
#3MakotorenPosted 10/21/2013 12:46:21 AM
Must.... pay more... for.... game already own....

nah, usually with this much dlc on any other game I'd probably stop caring, but since its borderlands and nearly every dlc has improved it I can't wait to give gear box more money.
#4smurfsn1p3rPosted 10/21/2013 2:10:16 AM
If you must have every head/skin in the game then I say get it. If you can live without heads/skins you can skip all head hunter DLCs.

I won't buy DLC that only serves to get new heads/skins. It doesn't further the story for anything, and the area is small with a boss fight. They could have released these as shift codes to thank the community for making BL2 as popular as it is. But they rather put it in a DLC that is as long as digistruct peak. This is a glorified micro transaction..

Fans scream at devs for doing Micro-Transactions, but GB seems to get praised for it.

Will not support this type of DLC.
---
GTA V no co-op, Diablo III console is better then PC, Indie games that are better then arcade titles, Devs rushing AAA titles on current gen. what went wrong?
#5Anarki471Posted 10/21/2013 3:14:07 AM
Makotoren posted...
Must.... pay more... for.... game already own....

nah, usually with this much dlc on any other game I'd probably stop caring, but since its borderlands and nearly every dlc has improved it I can't wait to give gear box more money.

Same here, i hate the idea of DLC, especially when it's something like the Circle of Slaughter in the WEP, something that was originally part of the game but then hacked out to turn into DLC

But the DLC for borderlands has been worth the extra cash
---
Well that escalated quickly. Then died, was revived, escalated slightly, died again, and now an entertaining zombie. "Xcavvv"
#6NafzgerPosted 10/21/2013 5:48:21 AM
I got BL2 for my birthday last year, so all of the DLC I've downloaded has pretty much just been the cost of the game a single time.

BTW what is Headhunter? I haven't played BL2 since July I think.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#7EddMarioPosted 10/21/2013 10:12:44 AM
Nafzger posted...
I got BL2 for my birthday last year, so all of the DLC I've downloaded has pretty much just been the cost of the game a single time.

Headhunter packs are gonna be a new type of DLC for the game. They'll be a small quest chain that leads up to a boss. They're called Headhunter packs because killing the boss gives you it's head for use in the Quick-Change stations.
---
"Responsibilities are an SMG dropped by the BNK3R." - VicVega26
#8zombienatio0(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 10:20:34 AM
EddMario posted...
Nafzger posted...

Headhunter packs are gonna be a new type of DLC for the game. They'll be a small quest chain that leads up to a boss. They're called Headhunter packs because killing the boss gives you it's head for use in the Quick-Change stations.

most likely going to be holiday themed DLC mostly. Also it gives you a skin as well.
#9ReaperPosted 10/21/2013 11:13:29 AM
smurfsn1p3r posted...
If you must have every head/skin in the game then I say get it. If you can live without heads/skins you can skip all head hunter DLCs.

I won't buy DLC that only serves to get new heads/skins. It doesn't further the story for anything, and the area is small with a boss fight. They could have released these as shift codes to thank the community for making BL2 as popular as it is. But they rather put it in a DLC that is as long as digistruct peak. This is a glorified micro transaction..

Fans scream at devs for doing Micro-Transactions, but GB seems to get praised for it.

As another user stated, Gearbox stated that there's a mini-quest takes about an hour to an hour-and-a-half to complete before the boss fight. While Gearbox did state that there aren't any new weapons or gear they did imply that the boss will drop "other goodies" on repeat battles(the IGN 12 minute video preview I believe). So, perhaps a higher drop rate for legendaries or pearls, etc. For $3, the amount of content sounds presented sounds even to me. If you don't like raid bosses then perhaps it's not up your creek.
---
"I eat bullets raw with wasabi sauce." - Devil May Care
#10smurfsn1p3rPosted 10/22/2013 9:02:01 AM
Reaper posted...
smurfsn1p3r posted...

As another user stated, Gearbox stated that there's a mini-quest takes about an hour to an hour-and-a-half to complete before the boss fight. While Gearbox did state that there aren't any new weapons or gear they did imply that the boss will drop "other goodies" on repeat battles(the IGN 12 minute video preview I believe). So, perhaps a higher drop rate for legendaries or pearls, etc. For $3, the amount of content sounds presented sounds even to me. If you don't like raid bosses then perhaps it's not up your creek.

So $3 for some heads/skins and a raid boss that drops a handful of items without having their own drops is not worth $3. I love raid bosses, but why pay for a dlc that adds nothing new?
---
GTA V no co-op, Diablo III console is better then PC, Indie games that are better then arcade titles, Devs rushing AAA titles on current gen. what went wrong?