so I just finished my first play through as a level 31 krieg

#1Protozx1Posted 10/24/2013 10:16:21 PM
So yeah still pretty new to this game (recently got the goty edition) and I was looking to get to uvhm asap. so i was looking for tips like should I start tvhm right away or go hunting for better guns and/or grind for levels to upgrade kreig more.

Also right now this is his current build (hope I did this right)
http://www.bl2skills.com/psycho.html#00000000000031105014055100000000000
-
#2xlinerPosted 10/24/2013 10:33:16 PM
Jump into TVHM if you want to hit 50+, otherwise, just play the DLC for fun in Normal mode.

Oh yeah, about FtR:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/638784-borderlands-2/66921883

Get gud:

http://www.bl2skills.com/psycho.html#00000000000050550000055100000000000
---
Proud Hereo of Borderlands
"xliner is probably an eridian" - 3CDED
#3drake_skullPosted 10/24/2013 10:35:10 PM
You can loose Fuel the Rampage. Its 100% useless once you get Release the Beast and will get you kicked out of almost every online match you try to play. Lose Fuel and finish out Empty the rage and some in Feed the meat. Go straight away to TVHM(unless you have not done the DLC yet in which case its good to do it now).
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
https://soundcloud.com/shake-like-e
#4Protozx1(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 11:00:58 PM(edited)
Alright guys thanks for the quick replies and tips on my krieg build

Edit: forgot to ask but if I start tvhm any tips for just blowing through it like a good leveling up spot (l plan on building his bloodlust skill tree next) or a spot to get some good weapons.
#5RagamorphPosted 10/24/2013 11:26:50 PM
Granted I just started UVHM so I'm not a pro but I skipped all sides and DLC and just went straight through the story until the baddies were a level above me. Then I played Torgue and continued the story till they were a level up. Played and finished Tiny Tina's two days ago and beat TVHM last night. I was 51 when I finished and the last boss was 50. I'm in UVHM now and first thing I did today was to go straight for Hammerlocks and I'm next going to do the pirate DLC. Then play quest and other DLC when I'm under leveled. After I hit 72 I'm going straight for OP1-8 on digistruct peak. That's my game plan at least. Enjoy!!!
---
PSN, Wii U, XBL=== Ragamorph
3DS FC=== 0 4 4 7 - 5 1 0 2 - 9 5 7 6 : AC:NL Austin / Termina
#6xlinerPosted 10/24/2013 11:29:06 PM
Ragamorph posted...
Granted I just started UVHM so I'm not a pro but I skipped all sides and DLC and just went straight through the story until the baddies were a level above me. Then I played Torgue and continued the story till they were a level up. Played and finished Tiny Tina's two days ago and beat TVHM last night. I was 51 when I finished and the last boss was 50. I'm in UVHM now and first thing I did today was to go straight for Hammerlocks and I'm next going to do the pirate DLC. Then play quest and other DLC when I'm under leveled. After I hit 72 I'm going straight for OP1-8 on digistruct peak. That's my game plan at least. Enjoy!!!

UVHM scales to your level, or the highest level player in your game.
The only thing that's going to be getting under leveled is your gear.
---
Proud Hereo of Borderlands
"xliner is probably an eridian" - 3CDED
#7the_rowanPosted 10/25/2013 12:58:28 AM
Salt the Wound is not a particularly amazing skill without points in Hellborn. I pretty much never see myself with more than 7 stacks or so and am usually closer to 3. There's a maximum rate at which you can gain stacks that prevents bursts of enemy fire from giving more than one stack, so pretty much the only way to get anywhere with it is to have yourself taking damage over time (ideally from Hellborn). Strip the Flesh is amazing for second winds though, plus it boosts some great guns and goes really well with the grenade damage boost you get from Fuel the Blood which affects Buzz Axe Bombadier, splash damage from elemental weapons, and Tediore reloads.

Light the Fuse is possibly a candidate for worst skill in the game (it makes second winds nearly impossible if you aren't overleveled once you're done with normal mode and makes you unable to contribute damage while in FFYL in multiplayer), and Pull the Pin doesn't do a damn thing unless you're grinding in extremely specific ways. Redeem the Soul on the other hand gives +50% FFYL time for one point and I have no idea why anyone would not take it for solo play; in multiplayer it's sadly gimped to force you to down yourself when you want to res.

One point in Thrill of the Kill will fully heal you whenever you kill something with melee outside of Blood Axe Rampage (assuming you have a melee oriented shield or weapon), which you may want depending on personal preference. It will also make Bloodsplosion chains repeatedly fully heal you, which I like quite a bit once you get to level 57 to have that combo; the only reason you wouldn't take it is if you plan to be using RtB all the time. Points after the first pretty much do absolutely nothing.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#8markconigliaroPosted 10/25/2013 7:19:08 AM
Light the fuse is amazing and one of the best skills if you make an explosives build. Just being able to move at full speed and clear vision means that I will never die. And he does great damage if you get the rythem of throwing the sticks of dynamite (don't mash, throw just as he's reaching into the bundle). I can even take out full health bad ass psychos before the final explosion (but usually I trigger the final explosion when they are low on health for a more powerful bloodsplosion after). But that is for solo play, and no raid bosses. With more players, if you can't kill them because of increased health, you can just run to a person in cover for them to revive you.
---
I am a juggler/prop manipulator/fire performer, I'm awesome, here's my channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/markconigliaro
#9the_rowanPosted 10/25/2013 3:51:04 PM
markconigliaro posted...
Light the fuse is amazing and one of the best skills if you make an explosives build. Just being able to move at full speed and clear vision means that I will never die. And he does great damage if you get the rythem of throwing the sticks of dynamite (don't mash, throw just as he's reaching into the bundle). I can even take out full health bad ass psychos before the final explosion (but usually I trigger the final explosion when they are low on health for a more powerful bloodsplosion after). But that is for solo play, and no raid bosses. With more players, if you can't kill them because of increased health, you can just run to a person in cover for them to revive you.

Are you on UVHM? Because pretty much every level-based damage skill is completely unusable in UVHM. You pretty much have to intentionally die after weakening and slagging enemies in advance, because the thrown sticks don't do a damn thing and the detonation isn't particularly strong either. I'll take being able to slag and spam 100+ ammo Tediore SMGs in FFYL over Light the Fuse any day.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#10RiceKrispies1Posted 10/25/2013 4:02:31 PM
Don't listen to anybody who says light the fuse is good. It's terrible. Absolutely terrible. Use the build xliner posted, that's exactly what I'd be using at 31.

For True Vault Hunter, just push the story. You really don't need to do a whole bunch of side quests to hit 50 and go onto UVHM. Do the quests in the same zone as the story, and maybe 1 or 2 other zones to get some levels (I always end up doing the Highlands, I like that quest line. Lynchwood is a ton of fun as a psycho). Other than those 2 areas, the story should get you where you need to go.

Just remember, never pop psycho unless you are <33%. Release the Beast makes you a god at that level. Salt the Wound is great, the guy above me is silly. Your next skill abilities should be going down the left tree. Make sure you hit Taste of Blood and Bombardier on the way down. Once you have Bloodsplosion, it's pretty much game over.