Should I Buy Borderlands 2?

#1ghostsniper7676Posted 10/26/2013 7:40:13 PM
I know I'm EXTREMELY late on getting this game, but after hearing about Yote I ended up watching some of his videos and thought I'd probably like the game. I've heard its in a way similar to games like Fallout 3. If I should buy it, then 1. Do I need to play Borderlands 1 first? and 2. What should I know before playing? Not asking for a walkthrough, just some short sweet tips if anyone wants to share any :p

Thanks in advance :)
---
Green Pois0n iOS King
#2doughnutmanPosted 10/26/2013 7:44:20 PM
ghostsniper7676 posted...
I know I'm EXTREMELY late on getting this game, but after hearing about Yote I ended up watching some of his videos and thought I'd probably like the game. I've heard its in a way similar to games like Fallout 3. If I should buy it, then 1. Do I need to play Borderlands 1 first? and 2. What should I know before playing? Not asking for a walkthrough, just some short sweet tips if anyone wants to share any :p

Thanks in advance :)

It's similar to fallout in the sense that it just has a lot of gear. But there's not necessarily "armor" or anyhting.

You don't have to play the first Borderlands, I didn't before playing it.

There's honestly not too much to know. Just enjoy the game and play through it, I wouldn't get gear from anyone or leveled up by people. It's one of those games where imo the experience can be ruined if you get power leveled and given all the gear unless you're experienced or have played it. But some people do enjoy being given everything and continue to play it.

And there's 4 characters, 2 are DLC. You should get them with the Game of the Year edition if you buy it. And we can help you choose what would suit your playstyle if you tell us how you want to play.
---
Gamertag: ArsenicJoker
#3ghostsniper7676(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 7:47:59 PM
Alright thanks man :) I'll probably play a little before asking too many questions because not knowing generally anything whatsoever I wouldn't even know what to ask. Plus I play differently with different games so I'll probably need to get started so I can see how things generally work. The BIGGEST thing I'm worried about is if there are any things I could mess up in the beginning of the game because I don't know what I'm doing. Sort of like wasting skill points or perks in Skyrim. I don't wanna make a permanent mistake in the early on stages simply because I'm ignorant :p
---
Green Pois0n iOS King
#4xlinerPosted 10/26/2013 7:50:36 PM(edited)
You can respec and redo you build at any time, and up until about level 35, it won't be much of a problem.

If you want the generic shooter experience, Salvador or Axton are good choices.
If you want to be a ninja, Zer0 is a good choice, but he is hard to learn.
And for space magic awesomeness mage like powers, go with Maya.
---
Proud Hereo of Borderlands
"xliner is probably an eridian" - 3CDED
#5ghostsniper7676(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 7:51:10 PM
xliner posted...
You can respec and redo you build at any time, and up until about level 35, it won't be much of a problem.

Oh hell yeah! That's awesome lol, More games need to allow that
---
Green Pois0n iOS King
#6doughnutmanPosted 10/26/2013 8:02:23 PM
xliner posted...

Adding onto this.

I think Zer0 has the highest damage potential of all the classes, but it can be rather hard to do this. Bad Zer0 players stick out more than other's I'd think.

Salvador has dual wielding guns, and offers the most consistent constant damage though that can be really high.

Maya can be a support character with healing and reviving but has enough damage skills so that she won't be lagging behind any.

I haven't played enough on Axton to really comment. I just know he has turrets.

Also Krieg the Psycho is melee or elemental damage typically but can be built for explosives. He's the in your face, rush into combat type, and has better self healing than the other classes imo.

Gaige the Mechromancer has a big robot that floats around and can help you fight. And her bullets ricochet which is cool.

All the characters can be played differently and built up to do different things.
---
#7Flow_149Posted 10/26/2013 8:14:26 PM
Highly recommend getting the goty edition if you plan on picking it up this late. Much, much cheaper then buying the dlc+game separately imo.
---
3DS: 3411-1638-1024 Cera
#8ghostsniper7676(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 8:27:37 PM
doughnutman posted...
xliner posted...

Adding onto this.

I think Zer0 has the highest damage potential of all the classes, but it can be rather hard to do this. Bad Zer0 players stick out more than other's I'd think.

Salvador has dual wielding guns, and offers the most consistent constant damage though that can be really high.

Maya can be a support character with healing and reviving but has enough damage skills so that she won't be lagging behind any.

I haven't played enough on Axton to really comment. I just know he has turrets.

Also Krieg the Psycho is melee or elemental damage typically but can be built for explosives. He's the in your face, rush into combat type, and has better self healing than the other classes imo.

Gaige the Mechromancer has a big robot that floats around and can help you fight. And her bullets ricochet which is cool.

All the characters can be played differently and built up to do different things.

Thanks a ton man, I'll probably play as Salvador since he seems to be a stereotypical character just until I get the hang of things although I don't care much about dual wielding. I'll probably go back and play as Zer0 later on. I've never been a melee player or explosive player so I'll probably stick with those two.

Just picked up the game though so Imma stick it in and report back soon! Didn't feel like investing in GoTY, plus it wasn't at Walmart, I'll be okay without it for now :p
---
Green Pois0n iOS King
#9ghostsniper7676(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 8:29:41 PM
One more question first though, Should I install it to my hard drive?
---
Green Pois0n iOS King
#10doughnutmanPosted 10/26/2013 8:42:06 PM(edited)
ghostsniper7676 posted...
One more question first though, Should I install it to my hard drive?

You don't have to, I never did. It may speed up loading times by like maybe a second or two...? But you don't have to. There's no visual difference, at least imo from other games I've downloaded.

Edit: I have a few lower leveled characters if you'd like to play sometime you can add me and invite me if you see me on. Probably won't be on for an hour or two though tonight.
---