Should I Buy Borderlands 2?

#11ghostsniper7676(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 8:42:43 PM
doughnutman posted...
ghostsniper7676 posted...
One more question first though, Should I install it to my hard drive?

You don't have to, I never did. It may speed up loading times by like maybe a second or two...? But you don't have to. There's no visual difference, at least imo from other games I've downloaded.

Edit: I have a few lower leveled characters if you'd like to play sometime you can add me and invite me if you see me on. Probably won't be on for an hour or two though tonight.

Alright cool man, GT: Memphis Ritz
---
Green Pois0n iOS King
#12ghostsniper7676(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 8:48:00 PM
Only thing that worries me a little is the weapon system. From looking at it a little it seems pretty complicated. Hope it's not anything like Dead Island's cuz that was terrible lol
---
Green Pois0n iOS King
#13doughnutmanPosted 10/26/2013 8:50:41 PM
Only thing that worries me a little is the weapon system. From looking at it a little it seems pretty complicated. Hope it's not anything like Dead Island's cuz that was terrible lol

It's mainly random drops.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Borderlands_Wiki

As you go through the story, you can look at this for special enemies that you'll fight, like Knuckledragger and Midgemong are bosses that are really early. And it'll show you that they can drop the Hornet and the KerBlaster I believe.
---
Gamertag: ArsenicJoker
#14ghostsniper7676(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 9:06:58 PM
Hmm you guys said there were 4 characters unless I got the DLC but they're 6 for me. The ones you listed plus Gaige and Krieg. Really tempted to start out with Zer0 though. Should I be able to learn quickly enough to use him if I'm generally decent at these types of games?
---
Green Pois0n iOS King
#15xlinerPosted 10/26/2013 9:10:02 PM(edited)
Probably meant that there are 4 base characters, 2 DLC ones are included in GOTY.

Zer0 is one of those learn as you play, or die trying kind of characters.
I personally like to play him for the challenge of melee, but he's good at low levels too.
---
Proud Hereo of Borderlands
"xliner is probably an eridian" - 3CDED
#16doughnutmanPosted 10/26/2013 9:09:40 PM
Hmm you guys said there were 4 characters unless I got the DLC but they're 6 for me. The ones you listed plus Gaige and Krieg. Really tempted to start out with Zer0 though. Should I be able to learn quickly enough to use him if I'm generally decent at these types of games?

Yeah Zer0 isn't that bad to use. He's really easy imo during the first couple of playthroughs. It's not until UVHM in which some people struggle with him, which is past level 50.

He can still do a lot of damage.
---
Gamertag: ArsenicJoker
#17ghostsniper7676(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 9:10:18 PM
xliner posted...
Probably meant that there are 4 base characters, 2 DLC ones are included in GOTY.

Yeah but I'm confused because I didn't buy GOTY but I still have 6 characters..
---
Green Pois0n iOS King
#18xlinerPosted 10/26/2013 9:11:06 PM
If you choose one of them, does it bring up the marketplace to buy them?
---
Proud Hereo of Borderlands
"xliner is probably an eridian" - 3CDED
#19ghostsniper7676(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 9:12:42 PM
xliner posted...
If you choose one of them, does it bring up the marketplace to buy them?

Aha, yes it does. I thought it might but I didn't wanna risk accidentally picking a character I didn't want lol. I'm really tempted to go with Zero because I'm a die-hard sniper in every game I play but I don't wanna be stuck using melee for close and personal situations. Can he still use regular guns if I just wanna run and gun with him occasionally?
---
Green Pois0n iOS King
#20ghostsniper7676(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 9:13:54 PM
Also, I'll be playing solo for most of the game
---
Green Pois0n iOS King