Borderlands 3 Class ideas?

#1Fear_AwakensPosted 10/28/2013 3:48:45 AM
I realize this probably isn't the first topic like this, but I couldn't find another one to post in, so I made my own. Now, there's no reason to be perfectly creative with these.

After all, Axton and Roland are essentially the same character, gameplay-wise, with a few differences. Point is, Axton and Roland are both ex-mercs/soldiers with a turret action skill. Zer0 and Mordecai are both skinny sniper types. Brick and Salvador both go berserk. Maya and Lilith are obviously both Sirens, and they share a lot of traits. Krieg is literally just a common enemy (three common enemies, if you want to be picky (Suicide Psycho, Burning Psycho, Badass Psycho)) put under the player's control and given a gun, and Gaige is... well, she may just be unique, because I can't think of where they got the idea for her.

But past Vault Hunters and current Vault Hunters are all pretty much in the same vein. So I think it's probably safe to assume we'll get similar Vault Hunters in BL3, maybe starting with 6 instead of 4 this time.

I only really have one idea that isn't completely stupid.

In the same vein as Roland and Axton, who were ex-ATLAS and ex-Dahl respectively, an ex-Hyperion Soldier. He'd wear battle armor like the enemy soldiers do, helmet and all, (this is my personal preference, because there's a sad lack of cool battle armor for playable characters in Borderlands, IMO) and he'd have a laser turret. Other than the obvious differences, it's still a turret. Maybe it would start with something like mag-lock, because I've seen those things sticking to strange places. Possibly have a skill in one of his trees that makes him invisible while the turret's active, a la Hyperion Infiltrator. Maybe the class would be called 'Firewalker' or something, idfk, names aren't my strong suit.

That's it. That's my idea. Maybe you think it's stupid, maybe you don't, but I'd like to hear your ideas, too. I saw one about a Nomad class that seemed pretty wicked, though I can't find it now. There's got to be other people just as creative as that guy here.
---
I really need a 'Punch-People-Through-The-Internet' button to respond to all of the stupid crap some people post.
#2xlinerPosted 10/28/2013 3:50:27 AM
Interplanetary Ninja Assassin Claptrap.
---
Proud Hereo of Borderlands
"xliner is probably an eridian" - 3CDED
#3DevoidLightPosted 10/28/2013 4:43:33 AM
Something confirmed to be non-human would be cool. Like a robot or an Eridian maybe.
#4xlinerPosted 10/28/2013 4:44:26 AM
DevoidLight posted...
Something confirmed to be non-human would be cool. Like a robot or an Eridian maybe.

I'll try to make it into the next Borderlands game.
---
#5Fear_Awakens(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2013 4:50:43 AM
xliner posted...
Interplanetary Ninja Assassin Claptrap.

You know, I'd actually be down with playing that. Action skill summons that big-ass tank thing he used? Or action skill initiates dance mode? I'm thinking dance mode. Annoy your enemies to death... sounds like fun. ...You have to love how Clappy doesn't seem to remember that it was actually the original four vault hunters that destroyed most of his product line, and instead blames Jack, who for all we know was still a low-ranking wheedling brown-noser... convenient amnesia?

Of course, this also instigates the idea of playing as a Hyperion robot. The kind with legs and guns. Instead of last stand, they go into suicide mode? Maybe as a skill similar to Krieg's 'Light The Fuse'? Action skill deploys an upgradeable repair surveyor, or maybe temporarily enters Badass WAR Loader mode? Extra weak against Acid-based attacks? Armor instead of health bar?

...I still want a character that wears battle armor. Axton's crimson Lance helmet would be great, if he was wearing armor... as it is, he just ends up looking like a tool.
---
I really need a 'Punch-People-Through-The-Internet' button to respond to all of the stupid crap some people post.
#6DevoidLightPosted 10/28/2013 5:00:37 AM
Actually what I would like to see is after the game is finished the first time, the ten previous vault hunters being unlocked for some noncanon nostalgic fun. Even if they already feature in the story just throw another in. It's no worse than multiples in co-op right?
#7z0mbin3_81Posted 10/28/2013 5:20:00 AM
What ever they are I hope Paul Helquist doesn't work on any of them. Or all their skills will be like Krieg's Silence the Voices.
---
"Pandas are like frosting, they scare the chipmunks away" - Benjamin Franklin
#8TheBiggerWigglePosted 10/28/2013 5:43:31 AM
Wolverine
Leonardo
The Green Ranger
Mr. Ed
---
GT: NullThought
Get a ham sandwich and call me in the morning bro. It's alright.
#9xlinerPosted 10/28/2013 5:54:41 AM
TheBiggerWiggle posted...
Interplanetary Ninja Assassin Claptrap

Exactly what I was thinking.
---
#10killbot357Posted 10/28/2013 6:17:50 AM
The final two Sirens (there can only be 6 at any given time, and we already know about 4 of them. I'm assuming Steele was a Siren.) I'd like them to have opposite / complementary action skills.

As others have mentioned before, an ex-Hyperion engineer, with an upgradeable battle suit.

Some kind of class with a transformation action skill. The were-skag is a popular idea, though I'd prefer a character who turns into a slag-powered monster.

Assuming an ice element is introduced, some character built around ice damage. Another built around corrosion damage would be cool, too.
---
XBOX / PSN: illbzo1 3DS FC: 2750 - 2544 - 5832
Currently playing: Pokemon Y