Are the badass point spending options supposed to get this...limited?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Are the badass point spending options supposed to get this...limited?
3 years ago#1
So I'm at about 45k badass rank, which got me to about 13% increases to 11 stats that I focused on, up until now at least one of the five choices were always one of the stats I was leveling. Now the game seems to be trying to get me to stop increasing those stats. For the past few points, every lvl was a choice between grenade dmg (which I didn't bother with), melee dmg (which I just started) and 3 max health increases.

Is this the way it's supposed to work? Up until now I've focused on anything gun-stat related, but I can't even remember the last time I saw a gun dmg or fire rate option...or am I just really unlucky?

Note: sorry if this has already been addressed, I searched the board and couldn't find the answer.
Currently playing: Diablo 3, Persona 4: Arena, Radiant Historia, Brigandine
3 years ago#2
The system is designed to force you to level them equally. If you get them too out of balance it can cause your game to freeze.
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
https://soundcloud.com/shake-like-e
3 years ago#3
I don't have an answer to your question, but I feel I must inform you, that when you have one stat way higher than the others, it will cause the game to freeze which will end up as a B.A.R. reset. Just so you know.
GT: Dark Guardian88
3DS FC: 1375-7986-1634
3 years ago#4
Far as I know they put the stuff you never pick at the top.

Really annoying system because it results in me basically having only one choice, 'cause I main Krieg and absolutely do not want shield buffs yet I've not picked them so much I'm often offered like 4 different shield buffs and some crap I'm just picking simply to not get them.

Wouldn've been nice to be able to disable each buff at will, but I think its an all or nothing thing.
3 years ago#5
TC, you do realize that grenade damage is actually all splash damage including rocket launchers, a percentage of Maliwan damage, and Torgue explosive splash? It's useful for everyone.

And yeah, Badass Ranks aren't designed for min/maxing, they're there for all your characters and supposed to just make everyone a little better at everything.
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
3 years ago#6
Interesting...well thanx for the info. Guess its grenade dmg after all :)

Actually there's one other thing I had a question on if anyone knows. Does the "elemental effect chance" percentage badass bonus add that % to whenever it is for a weapon, or does it take that percentage of the guns stat? Example: a gun has 10% chance to ignite, and my badass rank is + 10%. Does that gun now have a 20% chance, or 11%? Thanks again.
3 years ago#7
Nm I found the answer. It would be the 11% btw...
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Are the badass point spending options supposed to get this...limited?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived