Are the badass point spending options supposed to get this...limited?

#1SharkbiteR6Posted 11/7/2013 4:50:24 PM
So I'm at about 45k badass rank, which got me to about 13% increases to 11 stats that I focused on, up until now at least one of the five choices were always one of the stats I was leveling. Now the game seems to be trying to get me to stop increasing those stats. For the past few points, every lvl was a choice between grenade dmg (which I didn't bother with), melee dmg (which I just started) and 3 max health increases.

Is this the way it's supposed to work? Up until now I've focused on anything gun-stat related, but I can't even remember the last time I saw a gun dmg or fire rate option...or am I just really unlucky?

Note: sorry if this has already been addressed, I searched the board and couldn't find the answer.
---
Currently playing: Diablo 3, Persona 4: Arena, Radiant Historia, Brigandine
#2drake_skullPosted 11/7/2013 5:06:31 PM
The system is designed to force you to level them equally. If you get them too out of balance it can cause your game to freeze.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
https://soundcloud.com/shake-like-e
#3FullMetalMegaPosted 11/7/2013 5:07:12 PM
I don't have an answer to your question, but I feel I must inform you, that when you have one stat way higher than the others, it will cause the game to freeze which will end up as a B.A.R. reset. Just so you know.
---
GT: Dark Guardian88
3DS FC: 1375-7986-1634
#4Arc166Posted 11/7/2013 5:07:13 PM
Far as I know they put the stuff you never pick at the top.

Really annoying system because it results in me basically having only one choice, 'cause I main Krieg and absolutely do not want shield buffs yet I've not picked them so much I'm often offered like 4 different shield buffs and some crap I'm just picking simply to not get them.

Wouldn've been nice to be able to disable each buff at will, but I think its an all or nothing thing.
#5the_rowanPosted 11/7/2013 5:27:12 PM
TC, you do realize that grenade damage is actually all splash damage including rocket launchers, a percentage of Maliwan damage, and Torgue explosive splash? It's useful for everyone.

And yeah, Badass Ranks aren't designed for min/maxing, they're there for all your characters and supposed to just make everyone a little better at everything.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#6SharkbiteR6(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 5:42:32 PM
Interesting...well thanx for the info. Guess its grenade dmg after all :)

Actually there's one other thing I had a question on if anyone knows. Does the "elemental effect chance" percentage badass bonus add that % to whenever it is for a weapon, or does it take that percentage of the guns stat? Example: a gun has 10% chance to ignite, and my badass rank is + 10%. Does that gun now have a 20% chance, or 11%? Thanks again.
---
#7SharkbiteR6(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 6:46:41 PM
Nm I found the answer. It would be the 11% btw...
---