Things Borderlands 3 Needs

#1DegalonPosted 11/12/2013 11:12:53 AM
1. Third Person. At least as a toggle option. Seriously, what's the point of all the countless heads and skins when I can't see them? And trying to melee in first person can be a nightmare. Plus you don't et to see the effects of your own powers, like free the beast or the phoenix wings and whatnot, in first person.

2. The return of both groups of vault hunters. Including Krieg and Gaige. I don't mind if they have new vault hunters, but the others need to return playable.

3. Change the final skill in Gaiges Best Friends Forever tree. Rather than deathtrap getting a copy of your shield, instead, it is also protected by your shield....because now the skill is instead that Gaige gets to ride on deahtraps shoulder like in all her promo art! Whether you control deathtraps movements and attacks directly, meaning deathtrap itself becomes playable, or just continue shooting as it flies around like normal, I'm not sure.

4. Bring back weapon profiencies.

5. Make it so challenges award xp again, like in the first game.

6. Make it so explosives are actually affordable at vendors again, like in the first game.

Thoughts or other suggestions?
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards
#2boxjuicePosted 11/12/2013 11:32:25 AM
1) no
2) no
3) no
4) maybe
5) no
6) it's that way for a reason
#3ArchSublimePosted 11/12/2013 11:33:10 AM
I STRONGLY agree with 4! For the love of god, they need to bring them back lol.
---
08/28/2013-The day I was officially dubbed an "internet Tough Guy"!
#4ArchSublimePosted 11/12/2013 11:35:02 AM
boxjuice posted...

And do you know what that reason is? Other than the fact that Gearbox made it that way?
---
#5killbot357Posted 11/12/2013 11:35:16 AM
1. Trying to do anything else in third person can be a nightmare. Borderlands is primarily a shooter, not a melee game, and I don't want auto-aim added.

2. No, all new vault hunters, with previous vault hunters becoming NPCs, the same way BL2 handled this.

3. See above.

4. No. It's bad for build experimentation.

5. Sure.

6. They're still affordable, and it's not like money has any use besides occasionally buying ammo anyway.
---
XBOX / PSN: illbzo1 3DS FC: 2750 - 2544 - 5832
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, Pokemon Y
#6boxjuicePosted 11/12/2013 11:38:35 AM
ArchSublime posted...
boxjuice posted...

And do you know what that reason is? Other than the fact that Gearbox made it that way?

So that rocket launchers can't be used as a crutch. Whats the point in ffyl if you can get back up instantly, without any effort, anyway?
#7ArchSublimePosted 11/12/2013 11:43:22 AM
boxjuice posted...
ArchSublime posted...
boxjuice posted...

So that rocket launchers can't be used as a crutch. Whats the point in ffyl if you can get back up instantly, without any effort, anyway?

Fair enough, I forgot rockets were definitely buffed in this game A LOT
---
#8havokbloodcraftPosted 11/12/2013 11:56:32 AM
1. I'm cool with it as a toggle option as there have been times I wanted to but for the most part it's unnecessary and would be more of a pain than help.
2. I'd like to see them return as playable but with new vault hunters as primary stars and the older sets becoming playable after game completion or something like that.
3. don't care but that's not gonna be as cool as you think.
4. I'm cool with it. it was nice that certain people had bonuses but the way it is setup they kinda still do.
5. Nah I like badass ranks way better and it's not that hard to level but having bonus stack and carry to your new toon is awesome.
6. not needed as long as you loot sell and stay alive.
#9stickboy2323Posted 11/12/2013 12:42:21 PM
Things I would like to see...

The ability the combat roll/dodge.
An actual cover system.
Armor. it would work like shields but you'd have a yellow bar rather than a blue bar. Might give Jakobs a reason to start making more shields.
Bring back proximity mines. Could also be made by Jakobs.
---
Badass Rank: 15
#10LTJpunkPosted 11/12/2013 1:10:00 PM(edited)
No, no, NO weapon profiencies. Jesus, no. That is an awful idea.

Also not wild about the silly thing with Gaige riding on Deathtrap.

Everything else is fine. I especially want all 10 vault hunters.
---
All Agnostics are Atheists.
Cynicism is questioning motives. Skepticism is questioning beliefs. Be a skeptic, NOT a cynic.