Would a Slag relic boost turret damage with double up?

#1LegoLeonidasPosted 11/16/2013 11:41:31 AM
I don't have a Slag elemental relic to check, but I'm kind of curious. I know an explosive relic boosts Scorched Earth, so it would make sense...
---
"I have nightmares about Hell, where all I do is add up numbers and try to have conversations with people like you." - Bob the Skull
#2Anarki471Posted 11/16/2013 11:53:36 AM
Since slag itself does 0 damage i wouldn't think so, it would only give double up a higher chance to slag

This might help you

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Double_Up
---
Well that escalated quickly. Then died, was revived, escalated slightly, died again, and now an entertaining zombie. "Xcavvv"
#3LegoLeonidas(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 12:59:20 PM
Yeah, I already read that, as well as the article on elemental relics, and searching this board for similar topics. If you are correct, the slag relic is mostly useless anyway. Anybody feel like testing this?
---
"I have nightmares about Hell, where all I do is add up numbers and try to have conversations with people like you." - Bob the Skull
#4MattheauPosted 11/17/2013 3:25:04 AM
No, it doesn't. Unless something explicitly states it improves Axton's Turret, it has no impact on it.

Anarki471 posted...
Since slag itself does 0 damage i wouldn't think so, it would only give double up a higher chance to slag

Every slag weapon and grenade does slag damage. When you see purple numbers, that is slag damage. It is a damage type that functions exactly like shock, fire, and corrosive. The fact the proc is different doesn't impact how the actual slag damage type works. Burn procs do not, in any way, impact how fire damage works. They don't even benefit from the same stats.

The slag relic is basically useless because there is no point for using slag weapons other than slagging. They use the same damage modifiers as non-elemental, the slag elemental part has a damage penalty, and slag damage doesn't benefit from enemies being slagged like other damage types.
#5Anarki471Posted 11/17/2013 3:36:56 AM
Slag does not do damage, it only boosts the damage done to slagged enemies by your non slag guns
---
Well that escalated quickly. Then died, was revived, escalated slightly, died again, and now an entertaining zombie. "Xcavvv"
#6Eternal KPosted 11/17/2013 7:13:48 AM(edited)
Anarki471 posted...
Slag does not do damage, it only boosts the damage done to slagged enemies by your non slag guns

This is, I believe, in correct. Mattheau explained it fairly well, but here's how I look at it:

If you have a slag pistol that does 100 damage per shot, equipping a 15% slag damage relic will cause that slag pistol to do 115 damage per shot.

Slag relics don't have any effect on the damage done to slagged targets. A non-slag pistol that does 200 damage to a slagged target will do 200 damage regardless of whether you have a slag relic equipped.
---
2007 - 2008 NHL Saturday Picks Champion
#7Anarki471Posted 11/17/2013 7:19:37 AM
I'm probably wrong so if i've read something wrong i appologize

But slag it self does no damage it boosts damage yes but does no damage itself, that's how it was explained to me
---
#8MockPaper77451Posted 11/17/2013 7:24:48 AM
Also, because of the UVHM, when an enemy is slagged, they take 1.5x damage from slag weapons and 3x damage from non-slag weapons.

For example:
A slag pistol does 100 damage on a non-slagged enemy and 150 damage on a slagged enemy, but a non-elemental pistol does 100 damage on a non-slagged enemy and 300 damage on a slagged enemy in UVHM.
---
I'm the conductor of the POOP train!
#9Eternal KPosted 11/17/2013 7:29:14 AM
Anarki471 posted...
I'm probably wrong so if i've read something wrong i appologize

But slag it self does no damage it boosts damage yes but does no damage itself, that's how it was explained to me

There's no DoT or anything like that associated with slag, correct. However, as Mattheau said, any time you see a purple number show up, that is slag damage. Just as fire weapons deal fire damage, or shock weapons deal shock damage, slag weapons DO deal slag damage. So every shot that, say, a Slagga lands deals slag damage to that target.

A slag relic will boost the damage output of that slag weapon, but that's all it will do. Since most slag weapons are used only for slagging before they're swapped out, slag relics are essentially useless.
---
2007 - 2008 NHL Saturday Picks Champion
#10LegoLeonidas(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 10:57:47 AM
Glad to see I've gotten some response.
Also:
Mattheau posted...
No, it doesn't. Unless something explicitly states it improves Axton's Turret, it has no impact on it.

As I stated, the explosive relic does boost the rockets from scorched earth. If an explosive relic boosts your turret's explosive damage, it would stand to reason that a Slag relic would boost your turret's Slag damage.
That said, I'm still unable to test it myself. Over a dozen Treasure Room runs later, and still no Slag relics...
---