Borderlands 3: What upgrades should we get?

#41AnimeKid1089(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 1:24:55 PM
NinjaYuffie164 posted...
I responded fairly quickly because even though yes I do have a job, I also have days off (actually just one anymore, which happens to be Fridays).

Giving each player their own loot pool just to avoid someone else possibly taking dropped items would not improve the game. It would negate any possibility of having a good trade mechanic because everyone you play with would have the same gear. Simply finding decent people to play with is a better option and not difficult to do.

I guess I'm unlucky then.
---
I am not a kid, nor a huge fan of anime, so don't ask.
#42AnimeKid1089(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 1:32:47 PM
AlleRacing posted...
AnimeKid1089 posted...
@ ElleRace
Mostly 1 and 2? Are you kidding me? how in the hell do you think those are not well-thought out? Do you really want to be limited to a specific character? And how can you enjoy spending 7-11 minutes running back and forth around the same areas? Go ahead, tell me why.
I do agree about the timed missions though. Everything else is fine.

I don't think 1 is well thought out because in a game like Borderlands, having player created classes will likely lead to a bit too much generalization instead of specialization. It would be difficult to pull off correctly, and I think that if it were to be done poorly, which I think would be very likely, the game would be worse for it.

I think 2 is poorly thought out because there isn't very much backtracking. That, and if the game is great and fun to play, I won't mind going through an area for 7 minutes or 11 minutes or 45 minutes, it will all be fun. Do you have any particular examples to describe this egregious backtracking? There might be something I'm not remembering, but I can't think of any.

Generalization? I think it's the opposite if we have specific characters because we can't shift or make them into exactly what we want (hence, a created character is a 'specialized' one).

There is a lot of backtracking, especially with the Firehawk Sidequest when you take the midget named Torch ( I think) to be burned on top of that ship. Maybe you should play again to be sure.

But I stand by my suggestions. They will eliminate tedious stuff, offer more replayablilty, and add personal flair. I think being able to create your own missions with your own recorded voiceover on audio logs would be so sweet. They kinda already did something similar in Grand Theft Auto V Online.
---
#43AlleRacingPosted 11/23/2013 2:36:04 PM
Going up to burn Matchstick doesn't take that much time at all, and if that's your example of egregious backtracking, you don't really have a strong argument. Complaints like that are the reason every single dungeon in Skyrim has a convenient back exit.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#44AnimeKid1089(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 9:50:49 AM(edited)
AlleRacing posted...
Going up to burn Matchstick doesn't take that much time at all, and if that's your example of egregious backtracking, you don't really have a strong argument. Complaints like that are the reason every single dungeon in Skyrim has a convenient back exit.

An what's wrong with that? It's certainly not fun to run all the way back the way you came. Oblivion made you do that. Skyrim fixed that. If you don't find it tedious, then you clearly have too much free time. FYI, backtracking does not mean "take 10 minutes to reach objective" and that's not what I meant, but "take another 10 minutes to turn in mission". o.o
---
#45Kpt_KapowskiPosted 11/24/2013 10:12:44 AM
AnimeKid1089 posted...
AlleRacing posted...

An what's wrong with that? It's certainly not fun to run all the way back the way you came. Oblivion made you do that. Skyrim fixed that. If you don't find it tedious, then you clearly have too much free time FYI, backtracking does not mean "take 10 minutes to reach objective" and that's not what I meant, but "take another 10 minutes to turn in mission". o.o

lmfao playing the life card.

if a few minutes running through an area you've already been is too tedious for you, you clearly need to stick to CoD.

bottom line, tc, your ideas are terrible.

deal with it.
---
Its my own private pinewood Taj Mahal, except for the shape and the size.
lol GameFASCISM
#46boxjuicePosted 11/24/2013 10:28:25 AM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...

if a few minutes running through an area you've already been is too tedious for you, you clearly need to stick to CoD.

deal with it.

Please stop using that phrase; it's really annoying
#47doreycolePosted 11/24/2013 10:37:34 AM
Only one thing needs to be added
---
GT: doreycole
NIghtRanger man, Night...Ranger
#48Kpt_KapowskiPosted 11/24/2013 10:43:48 AM
boxjuice posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...

deal with it.

deal with it.
---
Its my own private pinewood Taj Mahal, except for the shape and the size.
lol GameFASCISM
#49chucklesw00dPosted 11/24/2013 4:28:20 PM
boxjuice posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...

deal with it.

LOL juice you seem like a bitter old lady

and Lol again because TC is super mad.
---
Zer0 doesn't do what Zer0 does for Zer0. Zer0 does what Zer0 does, because Zer0 is Zer0
#50AnimeKid1089(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 4:52:09 PM(edited)
chucklesw00d posted...
boxjuice posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...

deal with it.

LOL juice you seem like a bitter old lady

and Lol again because TC is super mad.

I didn't know you saw my face as I was typing. And despite some of you saying that my ideas are not good, you still fail to come up with good reason why that is. I on the other hand, gave good enough reason why they would be good. how about instead of posting pointless comments about me "being mad" or that my "ideas are terrible", how about you just give some more ideas on what can improve the game. And I played the life card because I don't see how you can enjoy wasting time.
K, thanks.
---