Joined someone elses game, now my own game is really far progressed.

#1pro9b17Posted 11/22/2013 11:48:17 PM
I'm doing a playthru on UVHM, and I am still fairly early in the game. I joined the game of someone else who has progressed through most of the story, and now when I load my single player game, I have progressed that far and missed out on a good chunk of the storyline which I wanted to complete in single player.

Is there any way to fix this? I had just finished a quest at Bloodshot Stronghold, joined someone's game and then left, and now that I loaded my single player game, I have skipped a good 80% of the game' story, and now I have an active quest that the other person had active which is pretty far into the game. Another problem is that the person was a lower level than me, so all the quests are trivial difficulty.
---
Dubstep: Music inspired by the sound of car accidents, jackhammers, and foghorns all thrown into a blender as a whale f***s a dolphin in the background.
#2killbot357Posted 11/23/2013 12:02:17 AM
Reset your UVHM playthrough. You can do this from the main menu.
---
XBOX / PSN: illbzo1 3DS FC: 2750 - 2544 - 5832
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, Pokemon Y
#3pb331979Posted 11/23/2013 12:05:05 AM
What he^ said. As your not too far in to the playthrough, its your best option.
#4pro9b17(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 12:07:19 AM
Did Gearbox intentionally add this to the game, or is it a glitch? If it's intentional, it doesn't make much sense TBH.

Also, what do I select to restart UVHM? Do I go to new game? And if I do, will it start the game over in UVHM with my character level and gear etc.?
---
Dubstep: Music inspired by the sound of car accidents, jackhammers, and foghorns all thrown into a blender as a whale f***s a dolphin in the background.
#5xlinerPosted 11/23/2013 12:20:40 AM
pro9b17 posted...
what do I select to restart UVHM? Do I go to new game? And if I do, will it start the game over in UVHM with my character level and gear etc.?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oql7He3jisw

I know it's PS3, but it's essentially the same thing on X360
---
I like you more and more the lesser you breathe
"xliner is probably an eridian" - 3CDED
#6pb331979Posted 11/23/2013 12:24:05 AM
Yeah, when you select a character, hit Y to reset
#7pro9b17(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 7:45:36 PM
Weird, I logged in earlier today and everything is back to normal. Back at the same part of the game I started off in before I joined my friend's game that caused my single player to skip ahead. So I am guessing this is a glitch? I loaded my game by selecting 'continue' several times and it was still skipped far ahead, so I figured this was permanent, but I decided to try something. I went to the character select screen, selected my character, then went to 'continue', and now everything has reverted back to normal. Odd, but I'm very happy that I didn't have to start over.
---