Holy **** I hate Varkids. Need some tips on how to finish Mighty Morphin on UVHM

#1pro9b17Posted 11/24/2013 7:46:56 PM
Start sidequest "Mighty Morphin" on UHVM with about $5,000,000, halfway thru it with $70,000. My god these things are frustrating. Dealing with one Super Badass and one Mutated Badass, and it's a two hit kill every single time. Their ranged spit attacks go through walls, you can't shoot and run, they lead their shots and hit me every time. About eight times I've gotten one of them down to just a sliver of health left, when suddenly I get 1-2 KO'd, and I unload my whole clip into the almost dead Varkid but my FFYL timer always ends before I can get the last hit in. So goddamn frustrating.

On UVHM, and particular tips to help me deal with a super badass Varkid and a mutated badass Varkid at the same time? I use a weapon for slag, then pull out my shot gun and go for critical hits, aiming for their back, but while I'm dealing with one, the other always kills me. And again, their ranged attacks go through walls and they seem to have 100% accuracy when I'm running away trying to heal. It's ridiculous. Wasting over five million dollars for this quest is pretty silly, but I hate these creatures so much I want to complete it at any cost now, just for the satisfaction of knowing I completed it. Right now I just need two more mutated Varkid samples, but both the Mutated Badass Varkid and Super Badass Varkid seem impossible.

I'm using Maya, and I just changed her build from Cataclysm focused to more evenly spread out, I have some healing abilities, but my Phaselock is really weak now. I heard that DOT is kinda worthless in UVHM and a maxed out Cataclysm build is no good on this difficulty. So I just changed it to what someone recommended, and on my first try I am getting obliterated, but it's my first time facing Varkids on this difficulty. Even with my healing, and lobbing a few transfusion grenades, it doesn't matter, their ranged attacks kill me very quickly, and as I said, are impossible to dodge. Going through walls is cheap as ****.

One last question- How do you get a Varkid to turn into a Tubby Varkid? I killed one earlier and it dropped a legendary rocket launcher (not very good though, at least against Varkids).
---
Dubstep: Music inspired by the sound of car accidents, jackhammers, and foghorns all thrown into a blender as a whale f***s a dolphin in the background.
#2Argyle_GargoylePosted 11/24/2013 7:58:31 PM(edited)
Both of those varkid types are weak to fire. Make sure you ise fire weapons to bring them down after you slag

Only real advice to give. Maybe try to keep a smaller varkid alive for a second wind. Maybe graba good touch from moxxi. The little bit of healing may help you out. Plus itbe a solid fire weapon right at your level

Also i have to ask. Why in the world did you allow a varkid to evolve up to super badass?? Thats your problem the mutated varkids can already be tough. Adding allowing a super badass to join the mix is not a good idea
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#3pro9b17(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 8:02:00 PM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
Both of those varkid types are weak to fire. Make sure you ise fire weapons to bring them down after you slag

Only real advice to give. Maybe try to keep a smaller varkid alive for a second wind

Also i have to ask. Why in the world did you allow a varkid to evolve up to super badass?? Thats your problem the mutated varkids can already be tough. Adding allowing a super badass to join the mix is not a good idea

I was actually trying to kill that bastard's pod when it was evolving, but I got swarmed by regular and blood varkids and got killed. Also, several others of them started evolving at the same time, so at one point I had two badass varkids, one super baddass, and now one mutated badass. I was able to kill off the regular badass varkids, even though I died about ten times trying.
---
Dubstep: Music inspired by the sound of car accidents, jackhammers, and foghorns all thrown into a blender as a whale f***s a dolphin in the background.
#4pro9b17(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 8:08:38 PM

Only real advice to give. Maybe try to keep a smaller varkid alive for a second wind. Maybe graba good touch from moxxi. The little bit of healing may help you out. Plus itbe a solid fire weapon right at your level

Also, are you sure that fire makes that much of a difference in UVHM? I am level 56, and have a lvl 55 Hellfire, as well as a couple of pink eridium fire weapons that are lvl 56, and they are barely damaging them. I am getting much more damage with a standard Conference Call aiming for critical hits. Even still, it's not enough. I always slag them first, then switch to my CC, I am able to whittle their health down a bit, but as I said, it's literally impossible to avoid their attacks every time, and they are two hit kills. I tried throwing transfusion grenades when I am hurt, and then would run and hide behind a wall, but suddenly their spit attacks would come barreling straight through the wall like it isn't even there and hit me and kill me.
---
#5Argyle_GargoylePosted 11/24/2013 8:18:41 PM(edited)
pro9b17 posted...

Also, are you sure that fire makes that much of a difference in UVHM? I am level 56, and have a lvl 55 Hellfire, as well as a couple of pink eridium fire weapons that are lvl 56, and they are barely damaging them. I am getting much more damage with a standard Conference Call aiming for critical hits. Even still, it's not enough. I always slag them first, then switch to my CC, I am able to whittle their health down a bit, but as I said, it's literally impossible to avoid their attacks every time, and they are two hit kills. I tried throwing transfusion grenades when I am hurt, and then would run and hide behind a wall, but suddenly their spit attacks would come barreling straight through the wall like it isn't even there and hit me and kill me.

yes. using the correct elemental weakness makes a huge difference. it isnt the DoT that you are looking for. DoT is pretty weak in UVHM. the impact damage when using the proper elemental weakness against an enemy is very significant. cant recall the exact #s for UVHM off the top of my head. im sure you can find them though if you search a bit

also note that standard "badass" varkids are armored enemies. they will be highly resistant to fire damage. use corrosive on them.
---
#6slippertailsPosted 11/24/2013 8:57:02 PM
Ruin is far from worthless on uvhm. Make sure you have ruin,reaper,wreck,accelerate,converge, minds eye,suspension, and subsequence. You need a legendary cat class mod which boosts your smg damage by alot. Use a good bee with high amp damage and still relatively high capacity and a shock stopping sand hawk. If you do all that I guarantee you'll melt them
---
gt : slippertails
#7Phoenixmon2Posted 11/24/2013 9:14:50 PM
Both of those varkid types are weak to fire.

Badass Varkids are armored, though...

My biggest tip would be to try not to fight multiple Varkids at the same time.
#8Argyle_GargoylePosted 11/24/2013 9:19:07 PM
Phoenixmon2 posted...

yes. badass varkids are armored. super badass varkids (like he stated in the OP) are flesh
---
#9PDGMTGPosted 11/24/2013 9:22:35 PM
Phoenixmon2 posted...

This would be my advice. When I do this side quest, I always kill all but one of the varkid pods, then mutate the last one. This will allow me to focus on just one enemy. Especially with the Siren, you can juggle Phaselock and dodging until it's dead. With the right setup, killing shouldn't take TOO long.
---
-Just Some Random
#10Red_Of_HeadPosted 11/24/2013 9:37:15 PM
Assemble a team of teenagers with attitude.
---
I like my women how I like my brick walls: they make me cry when I hit them