How do I farm for a hornet (lvl 57 Siren in UVHM)?

#1pro9b17Posted 11/25/2013 7:01:14 PM
I checked the Wiki, and it says Knuckle Dragger has an increased chance to drop the weapon. Since he's the first boss, and I've already killed him, if I go back to that area, will he reappear? And if I kill him, and he doesn't drop the hornet, do I have to dashboard/logout, or can I save and quit and have him reappear even though I just killed him? I'm not really sure how farming works TBH. Do all bosses respawn after you've killed them in the same playthru? Thanks.
---
Dubstep: Music inspired by the sound of car accidents, jackhammers, and foghorns all thrown into a blender as a whale f***s a dolphin in the background.
#2Kpt_KapowskiPosted 11/25/2013 7:07:32 PM
I was gonna help you, but then I saw your sig.
---
Its my own private pinewood Taj Mahal, except for the shape and the size.
lol GameFASCISM
#3TheBlueStigPosted 11/25/2013 7:11:40 PM
pro9b17 posted...
I checked the Wiki, and it says Knuckle Dragger has an increased chance to drop the weapon. Since he's the first boss, and I've already killed him, if I go back to that area, will he reappear? And if I kill him, and he doesn't drop the hornet, do I have to dashboard/logout, or can I save and quit and have him reappear even though I just killed him? I'm not really sure how farming works TBH. Do all bosses respawn after you've killed them in the same playthru? Thanks.

Go back to his area from Southern Shelf, not from Claptrap's place.

He'll spawn, slag him then flame him, repeat until dead.

He'll throw ammo and weapon drops out a good distance from where you killed him so you might have to search for stuff. Once you're done looking hit all the ice bone piles for items and ammo, then just save & quit, reload, repeat until you finally get a Hornet.

It took me more than 20 fights to finally get one in UVHM.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, temporarily wiped out because of stupidity....
#4pro9b17(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2013 9:07:33 PM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...

To be honest, I wouldn't want help from someone who gets offended that someone else thinks dubstep is terrible.
---
Dubstep: Music inspired by the sound of car accidents, jackhammers, and foghorns all thrown into a blender as a whale f***s a dolphin in the background.
#5Kpt_KapowskiPosted 11/25/2013 9:19:49 PM
pro9b17 posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...

To be honest, I wouldn't want help from someone who gets offended that someone else thinks dubstep is terrible.

to be honest, I'm not surprised you didn't get the point of my comment.
---
Its my own private pinewood Taj Mahal, except for the shape and the size.
lol GameFASCISM
#6playboydojoPosted 11/25/2013 9:54:28 PM
To be honest, I didn't see the point, either.
---
...and then I said, "Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!"
#7pro9b17(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 1:00:04 AM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
pro9b17 posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...

You said, and I quote: "I was gonna help you, but then I saw your sig". This implies that my opinion of that type of music bothers you, and you decided not to "help" me because of it. My signature satirizes dubstep. If your point is anything other than that, then it is entirely your fault for wording your post in that manner.
---
#8Spike_BadPosted 11/26/2013 2:18:44 AM
pro9b17 posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
pro9b17 posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...

You said, and I quote: "I was gonna help you, but then I saw your sig". This implies that my opinion of that type of music bothers you, and you decided not to "help" me because of it. My signature satirizes dubstep. If your point is anything other than that, then it is entirely your fault for wording your post in that manner.

It probably had nothing to do with your dislike of dubstep but more the you described your dislike of it.
---
We are but a few rebellious grains of sand in the ever-turning hourglass of life!!
SKILL > TIERS
#9kjoinnePosted 11/26/2013 2:28:59 AM
still a lame reason to not help sombody.....
---
GT: kjoinne
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8RMDFWWP8c
#10xlinerPosted 11/26/2013 2:42:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_Idv8EiGIY
---
I like you more and more the lesser you breathe
"xliner is probably an eridian" - 3CDED