Can Pixies give the Buck Up shield delay/recharge rate benefit?

#1Eternal KPosted 12/6/2013 7:59:11 AM
So I was playing through Tina's DLC with Jambi last night, and noticed that my shields were recharging at incredible levels. We had caught one Pixie in the Forest while doing the main storyline quest there, and when we Fast Traveled to the Immortal Woods, my shields regenerated almost instantaneously, along, actually, with my health.

I know that there is a glitch involving Buck Up and traveling to another location while that's happening which will give an insane buff to shield recharge delay and rate, and I know that Pixies can give a similar buff in recharging your shield. I guess my question is if that means that particular glitch can happen when the Pixies buff your shields as well? Or if anyone else has had this particular experience? I was running a legendary Gunzerker mod, and I do have points invested in Hard to Kill, so I guess I also don't know why my health was regenerating as insanely quickly as it was.

It was fun being even more invincible as Sal for a while, though.

Thoughts?
---
2007 - 2008 NHL Saturday Picks Champion
#2LaharPosted 12/6/2013 12:26:14 PM
I haven't experienced that with the Pixie buff, but it's interesting it glitched when you Fast Travelled, because the Buck Up glitch occurs when you use a normal connection between two areas.

But the Pixie buffs work differently, then? I caught two last night and got speed buffs from both to stack. With the Hyper Lemon whatever candies from Hallowed Hollow, you can only get one piece of candy's buff at a time.
---
I said runt.
#3Eternal K(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2013 2:49:35 PM
Sorry, it wasn't a Fast Travel. It was a regular transition, my apologies on the word mixup.

The part that confuses me most is the extreme health regen I picked up. Is it possible that all the Pixie buffs can be glitched like Buck Up? That would be worth looking into, I think.
---
2007 - 2008 NHL Saturday Picks Champion
#4LaharPosted 12/6/2013 5:04:34 PM
I think it's worth trying. Maybe others have better luck but catching them is kind of tricky for me. Like if I'm out to catch one, it'll be all over the place. If I'm not bothering, it will just hover there and get caught when I'm actually reloading.

Glitched ammo would be insane. Tediore reloads for days.

You travel during that instant when you glow a bit, right? So you couldn't get the same glitch from those eridium shrines?
---
I said runt.
#5LaharPosted 12/8/2013 1:41:45 PM
This is my second attempt at glitching the Pixie buff and I'm getting insane health refill when I have the Neogenator on, only it wasn't immediate. When I caught a Pixie, I switched to a Neogenator, hoping the missing red bar when max health increased would give me the health buff. It did, I travelled, but I didn't have that glow like you'd get with Buck Up, and I only had the shield's normal health regen. So I gave it up and did other stuff.

I should say that I'd also stacked the Buck Up glitch before catching the Pixie. Now I'm Bloodsploding Pete, and after switching shields a couple of times during the fight (Neogenator to the Bee then back), my health is instantly refilling when I get damaged. Normally shield's the inherent health regen takes a while to fill up completely. But somehow switching shields back and forth against Pete, and maybe the Neogenator staying full with the constant DoT from Pete's novas triggering something, is making it insta-refill.

I'll have to try to recreate the glitch but I'm going to take advantage of it for now.
---
I said runt.
#6LaharPosted 12/8/2013 1:54:49 PM
This is cheap and insane. I can't get health down for RtB, but with damage to my shield my action skill cools down immediately if I just stand there getting hit by enemies.
---
I said runt.