Same weapons every time Pete and Terra?

#1JamesablPosted 12/12/2013 2:17:15 PM
Every time I farm Pyro Pete (in TVHM & UVHM) and Terramorphous (in TVHM) I consistently get the same type of loot. With Pete on TVHM I never get legendaries and I've farmed him at least 40x. In UVHM I get a seraph shield (the big boom I believe I'm probably wrong with the name) and the transfusion seraph grenade, but it is consistently only those seraphs. With Terra in TVHM, after about the same farms as Pete, I have only slayer class mods but only those. Nothing different drops at all. Is anyone else experiencing this and does anyone know why?
#2jmiklaPosted 12/12/2013 2:37:37 PM
I believe what you notice is intended by the programmers. I think each seraph guardian consistently drops the same 2-3 seraph items on UVHM. Legendary drops are as rare from Terra/Pete as from any other boss (1/30?). I think I got one legendary grenade mod for Pete in about 40 runs. Terra always drops a legendary class mod. I've got 2 legendary relics from Terra in about 75 runs.

Haven't spent enough time farming on TVHM to comment. Happy hunting.
#3xxChoasxxPosted 12/12/2013 2:38:30 PM
Hmm, i don't know about terra but in my experience, petes loot pool, has a chance to drop 3 seraphs. The big boom blaster, the hoplite, and the grenade mod. He'll usually drop the one item several times in a row when i farm him.

He does drop legendaries but not too often. I've gotten maybe 5 in my time farming him.
---
GT:ChoasMaster
On the Rock Band boards if i dont specify an instrument, its because theyre dead.
#4drake_skullPosted 12/12/2013 2:42:02 PM
Better drops are rare. 40x is not a lot. You are looking at 200x at least to get a legendary from Pete and Terra always drops the slayer mod unless by some rare smile from RNGsus he drops one of his rare items, also be sure to check blues in Terras loot pile because there is a unique labled shotty that is supposed to be legendary but is classified as blue, Teeth of Terra that you will want to get too.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
https://soundcloud.com/shake-like-e
#5Anarki471Posted 12/12/2013 2:43:49 PM(edited)
Each of the raid bosses (except Terra) have 1 or 2 Seraph items assigned to them as set drops, these can drop anytime you kill them, the rest have to be bought from Seraph vendors (with Seraph crystals) in each DLC you can only get Seraph crystals by beating raid bosses (again except Terra) in UVHM

As for legendarys, its all random if you want a specific legendary find the boss that is confirmed to drop it and farm that boss or go farm the Legendary Loot Midgets for a chance at random legendarys (i think the only drop legendarys in UVHM)
---
Well that escalated quickly. Then died, was revived, escalated slightly, died again, and now an entertaining zombie. "Xcavvv"
#6Jamesabl(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 2:43:41 PM
Ok, I was just making sure because I want to farm in UVHM Pyro Pete for Legendary Class Mods and it worried me that he was only dropping those seraph. Thanks guys
#7Anarki471Posted 12/12/2013 2:46:30 PM
For legendary class mods you are better off farming tubby skags, spiderants and varkids, find an area with lots of these enemies and hope the random loot gods smile upon you and spawn some tubbies
---
Well that escalated quickly. Then died, was revived, escalated slightly, died again, and now an entertaining zombie. "Xcavvv"
#8Jamesabl(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 2:47:49 PM
What locations have the Gods smiled on you may I ask haha
#9Anarki471Posted 12/12/2013 2:57:52 PM(edited)
around Ellie's garage in the Dust is good for spiderants or Frostburn Canyon, the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve for skags and Sanctuary Hole or Tundra Express for varkids

also the Legendary Loot Midgets can drop them too but it's harder to get a legendary class mod from them since their loot pool is huge
---
#10Jamesabl(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 5:20:14 PM
Awesome thank you