Wow the Snowman's rushing attack is OP

#1acetunerPosted 12/17/2013 4:25:18 AM
Theirs no guarantee way of avoiding it, running only works 1/2 the time, while doing it he's also invincible. And when your in FFYL he's does this frost attack that lowers accuracy to peanuts. Needless to say I'm salty that the Siren doesn't have a meaningful distraction nor the raw firepower. I know with my Mechro I would have finished this fight already.

He has low health but most of his attacks are unavoidable and the fodder loves to run away ruining your second wind.

I'm considering lowering from OP 7 down to OP 5. This is frustrating.
---
Redview County's Antagonist. I will make you faster. I will give you purpose.
#2acetuner(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2013 4:46:40 AM
Oh and he's resistant to corrosive and cannot be slagged.
---
#3pandoraorbPosted 12/17/2013 6:42:26 AM
Did you try locking him in the flower nursery?

I've seen proof that works. :)
---
The Pandora's Box Trilogy--middle grade fantasy--BOOK THREE: FATE and REBIRTH out now!
#4TheIastspartanPosted 12/17/2013 1:44:25 PM(edited)
Stand by the elevator. He can't move there because of the ceiling(including when he's in his rush form oddly). All you have to worry about then is his breath and snowball throw.

Last time I was even lucky enough that he flung me back up top by the ammo machine and he couldn't do anything at all to me. haha.
#5MaetchPosted 12/18/2013 8:49:31 PM
TheIastspartan posted...
Stand by the elevator. He can't move there because of the ceiling(including when he's in his rush form oddly). All you have to worry about then is his breath and snowball throw.

I tried that. Once he got weak enough, he threw his wreath and dragged me right out of the safe spot.
#6LaharPosted 12/19/2013 1:23:38 AM
I just cheesed it by the elevator, but on its left when you face out the 'cave'. You kind of jump behind it as much as you can and wedge yourself in. None of their attacks reach you. You can't access the menu from that spot (I think you're considered to be in the air) so set up all your gear before wedging in.
---
I said runt.
#7acetuner(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2013 3:51:19 AM
If you do the elevator thing he becomes extremely easy, however don't do it he's can be quite aggravating.
---
#8ReaperPosted 12/19/2013 1:20:29 PM
Lahar posted...
I just cheesed it by the elevator, but on its left when you face out the 'cave'. You kind of jump behind it as much as you can and wedge yourself in. None of their attacks reach you. You can't access the menu from that spot (I think you're considered to be in the air) so set up all your gear before wedging in.

If you face the "cave", and go to the right behind the elevator, I've found you can still access the menu, that it gives you a bit more mobility to step-out and shoot, and you still can't be hit when behind the elevator.
---
"I eat bullets raw with wasabi sauce." - Devil May Care
#9LaharPosted 12/19/2013 3:30:23 PM
^ I'll try that. During one battle, Tinkle Whatever was positioned just so that his wreath attack damaged me slightly in the spot I described.
---
I said runt.
#10TheIastspartanPosted 12/20/2013 12:32:43 AM
Maetch posted...
TheIastspartan posted...

I tried that. Once he got weak enough, he threw his wreath and dragged me right out of the safe spot.

Weird. Whenever he does the wreath attack when I'm in the cave the icicles stop me from being flung.