So...UVHM is pointless?

#1ShadowTwilightPosted 12/17/2013 5:49:19 PM
It seems like pointless difficulty...I can't even get past Flint it seems. I started doing the DLC, and even that is ridiculous! I'm only level 53, but I thought about getting the 2nd level cap break so I could get to 72 eventually.

I got back on the game to find out that enemies that take ~10 minutes to kill (Depending on how many times I die to said enemy) only give out about 300 exp. I can't find many good slag weapons, and I've been using my shock Conference Call and my new Hellfire along with The Bee shield. I may not be helping myself with The Bee (dat capacity), but it's the only real way I can still do damage!

Am I going about it all wrong?
---
"To this I have said, "Obviously." I can speaking this obviously to have making this.Self-teaching many powerful."-gandob FC:5129-0840-4086
#2JkickitPosted 12/17/2013 5:56:05 PM(edited)
Don't too worry about the rarity and worry about constantly upgrading your gear.
---
I'm a Redguard and I hold my hands sideways when shooting spells - SubTonic14
Now Playing: Diablo 3 || GT - Gears of Wario
#3killbot357Posted 12/17/2013 6:19:19 PM
Head back to TVHM and get a Slagga.
Stop using the Bee. Find a good absorb or adaptive shield instead.
Elemental weakness matters more than it ever did. Stick to fire for flesh, corrosive for armor and shock for shields.
---
XBOX / PSN: illbzo1 3DS FC: 2750 - 2544 - 5832
Currently playing: Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl, Starbound
#4macavelePosted 12/18/2013 6:10:21 AM
Or head back to TVHM, go through Tiny Tina's DLC and try for a magic missle grenade mod. It's a to die for grenade, especially if you get the x4 variety. Throw 4 slagging, homing grenades, that regen over time.
---
" Dibs on the Vaults"
#5Kurgan777Posted 12/18/2013 8:32:37 AM
ShadowTwilight posted...
I can't even get past Flint it seems.

I killed him in UVHM by starting the fight against him, then dropping off the left side of the ship and he wouldn't follow. I could fight him from cover and pick away at his health while not getting touched myself.

I did the same thing farming Boom Bewm for a legendary Bonus Package grenade. Start the fight then exit the area and snipe from high cover in the area just before the fight.

Find a slag dart pistol that fires full auto, the darts have a homing function at medium to long distance so perfect accuracy isn't a priority, just jump out, let off a long burst, drop back into cover and reload.

The pistol I found is called the Vengeful Dart made by Vladof.
Damage = 23858
Accuracy = 89.6
Fire Rate = 5.2
Reload Speed = 2.2
Magazine Size = 29
Chance to Slag = 21.6%
Consumes 2 ammo per shot.

I can't remember exactly where I found it, but I remember it was in a loot chest either in Three Horns, or Frostburn Canyon.

Combine a pistol like that with class mods and relics that give more damage to pistols, especially the Sheriff's Badge relic that gives you a good fire rate boost and a damage boost at the same time.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#6Anarki471Posted 12/18/2013 9:36:21 AM
No.

UVHM is not poinless, it's a challange
---
Well that escalated quickly. Then died, was revived, escalated slightly, died again, and now an entertaining zombie. "Xcavvv"
#7terrysmay04Posted 12/18/2013 10:46:00 AM
Moxxi weapons
---
I hate so many things about what you choose to be.
#8Gryphter97Posted 12/18/2013 10:11:14 PM
I have been playing almost purely OP8 the last couple weeks. SLAG EVERYTHING. Switch guns often.Shock against shields, corrode against armor, fire against fleshy stuff.

LEVEL APPROPRIATE GEAR...no matter how smart you play under levelled gear puts you out of the running before you even start. Admiral Bahroo and people like him aside, equipment matters.

Moxxi guns for health. Slag Rubi, Slowhand, Grog Nozzle, Bad touch etc.

Keep the target Slagged until it's dead. FORGET DAMAGE OVER TIME stats on gun cards. Move. Use cover. Many enemies can wreck your shield and health faster than moxxi can make an innuendo so you have to control the number or enemies on the map by being smart about when and how far you advance in the level.

Mostly regurgitating a bunch of advice I have read on here and used successfully on OP8. It's not build or class specific and it is general but it is on topic.

Stick with it. I actually didn't enjoy they game as much at lower levels. Once you get the hang of it you won't want to go back.

Gryphter
---
The truth is out there somewhere, that is why I am here hiding in the fantasy video games create
#9midsizelebowskiPosted 12/19/2013 12:39:17 AM
What's your class?

Flint is cheesable from the respawn area. Don't drop down into his arena--just take him out slowly from up above. Use The Bee, it'll help you finish him faster.

Whatever you do, don't waste time going back to TVHM for level 50 gear that will become obsolete in 20 minutes.

I found UVHM to be only slightly harder than TVHM to be honest. I'm sure it'll get easier for you. I was using a siren though--I find her to be the easiest solo class.
#10Eternal KPosted 12/19/2013 3:45:29 AM
I actually find the fight through Flynt to be the toughest part of UVHM. Once you manage to get through that area, the rest of the game becomes a lot easier. This may also have something to do with the fact that by the time you're through Flynt, you've begun to adapt to the UVHM playstyle. Like others said, stick with it and you'll figure out what works best for you.
---
2007 - 2008 NHL Saturday Picks Champion