Most Overpowered Skill? Sal vs Zero

#1doughnutmanPosted 1/17/2014 7:25:11 AM
Which of the following do you believe to be the most overpowered? - Results (59 votes)
Sal - Money Shot - Last shot does up to 400% damage. 840% with COM. Can activate more than once in a row.
71.19% (42 votes)
Zero - Critical Ascension - Critical hit gains stacks of CA. 6% Critical Damage, 5% Regular damage.
13.56% (8 votes)
Other - Name another ability from one of them that you believe to be overopwered
15.25% (9 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Which of these do you think is better?

Money Shot can occur multiple times, typically 2-4 on average from what I've done and can cause massive damage with DPUH. Can be easily paired with certain skills in order to easily occur several times. And has a max damage boost of 840%. But it's effectiveness decreases with things less than 10 Bullets in a magazine.

Critical Ascension when used well can stack 100+ giving massive boosts to damage. 100 stacks would = 600% Critical Damage and 500% Regular Damage bonuses. And it stacks to 999. But you can't change to a non sniper gun, or you lose your stacks.

Also. Bout to make my Chocolate Bacon and Caramel Cheesecake.
---
PSN: ArsenicJoker
#2Argyle_GargoylePosted 1/17/2014 7:34:43 AM
doughnutman posted...

Money Shot can occur multiple times, typically 2-4 on average from what I've done and can cause massive damage with DPUH. Can be easily paired with certain skills in order to easily occur several times. And has a max damage boost of 840%. But it's effectiveness decreases with things less than 10 Bullets in a magazine.

Critical Ascension when used well can stack 100+ giving massive boosts to damage. 100 stacks would = 600% Critical Damage and 500% Regular Damage bonuses. And it stacks to 999. But you can't change to a non sniper gun, or you lose your stacks.

more overpowered IMO has to be money shot. the main difference IMO is that you dont actually have to do anything other than shoot for it to proc and deal massive damage. potentially over and over.

CA, while super powerful in its own right when used correctly, has a lot more variables.

1. its is snipers only. smallest ammo pool in the game. many arent well suited for building CA
2. requires preparation. you have to build stacks before it will absolutely slaughter things. used in passing, its a nice bonus, but to achieve the huge damage potential, you need to do some pre stacking
3. maintenance. the stacks disappear quite quickly both between and during the battle. you have to keep hitting crits to keep it going.
4. you need to crit to get the full benefit. yeah you get the straight damage bonuses, but you need to crit to get its full effect.

you may disagree with me, but based on all of this compared to simply last shot in mag, regardless of gun, deals massive bonus damage, and has random potential to chain many times in a row to cause insane damage. there is no prep work. you dont NEED to score crits,

just my opinion, but as far as overpowered goes, i think the more OP designation has to go to the one that doesnt require prep work to do, or special conditions (keep on getting crits) to maintain
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#3doughnutman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2014 7:49:24 AM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
doughnutman posted...

more overpowered IMO has to be money shot. the main difference IMO is that you dont actually have to do anything other than shoot for it to proc and deal massive damage. potentially over and over.

CA, while super powerful in its own right when used correctly, has a lot more variables.

1. its is snipers only. smallest ammo pool in the game. many arent well suited for building CA
I do agree to this but given my pool of ammo was around 250? Due to me using a relic for ammo. And a few raid bosses have ammo and ways to get ammo mid fight. But not all of them have that. White death is probably the best for stacks but outside of that you are right, but you said many and not all

2. requires preparation. you have to build stacks before it will absolutely slaughter things. used in passing, its a nice bonus, but to achieve the huge damage potential, you need to do some pre stacking
I can agree to this. But in a lot of bosses their crits can be easy so it's not like it's necessarily hard to gain stacks mid battle and pre stacking isn't always necessary due to how fast they stack.

3. maintenance. the stacks disappear quite quickly both between and during the battle. you have to keep hitting crits to keep it going.
I have to agree with this. Around 150ish stacks, you lose your stacks so fast. You have to keep getting a crit almost every second or two to even keep them up.

4. you need to crit to get the full benefit. yeah you get the straight damage bonuses, but you need to crit to get its full effect.
Yeah but if you get stacks to even 80 to 90 your damage for every shot will outweigh what Money Shot will do. And it's every shot whereas money shot is the last bullet.

you may disagree with me, but based on all of this compared to simply last shot in mag, regardless of gun, deals massive bonus damage, and has random potential to chain many times in a row to cause insane damage. there is no prep work. you dont NEED to score crits,

just my opinion, but as far as overpowered goes, i think the more OP designation has to go to the one that doesnt require prep work to do, or special conditions (keep on getting crits) to maintain

Replies will be in bold.

I actually 50/50 Agree. They can be hard to maintain and ammo can be an issue at times as well.

But I think if used well. Then Critical Ascension can win. But in most cases Money Shot would suit most people better.
---
#4Kpt_KapowskiPosted 1/17/2014 7:52:56 AM
Money Shot, easily. If only because its impossible to actually hit 999 stacks of CA.
---
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/01/05/EddieLacyBig.gif
#5xHuckleberryPosted 1/17/2014 8:08:49 AM
Money Shot imo

Gaiges Anarchy can do some crazy damage, but nothing like MS. Exceptions can be made for each instance tho
---
GT: xHuckleberry --- PSN: yafeelme
>Living proof of a dying dream.
#6Argyle_GargoylePosted 1/17/2014 8:11:09 AM
@doughnutman

definitely see your points. (white death always has been my favorite sniper). i just feel that there is way more to CA to make it super powered than there is to Money shot.

i think you hit it on the head with this though - " I think if used well. Then Critical Ascension can win. But in most cases Money Shot would suit most people better". it just takes more effort and dare i say skill to get the most out of CA, whereas MS more of just a given bonus that has potential to proc many times if you get lucky. doesnt take any extra input from the player outside of just shooting normally
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#7PryorbeastPosted 1/17/2014 11:41:46 AM
I'm going money shot/other. I see the potential of CA but it's rough use consistently, at least for me. My vote for other goes to Zer0's b0re skill because of its ability to completely wreck large bosses ex BNK3R and Hyperius.
---
XBL: Pryor Beast
Kik/Line Mobile Apps: Pryorbeast
#8LaharPosted 1/17/2014 12:02:46 PM
I nominate Bloodsplosion chaining in the honourable mention category.
---
I said runt.
#9terrysmay04Posted 1/17/2014 12:13:10 PM
Money shot by a country mile.

CA requires too much maintenance for it to be really effective.
---
I hate so many things about what you choose to be.
#10doughnutman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2014 2:25:09 PM
Imo General Use, and takes little to no practice - Money Shot

And requires practice to be consistent sometimes, and takes skill/precision - Critical Ascension

And they are just two different play styles.

Also. Finished Cheesecake. It's beautiful.
---