Gearbox put in duping deliberately: Fact

#31doughnutman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2014 10:27:59 PM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=57dzaMaouXA

Lolol. The end of that video.

Those two are really the only ones I like on there.
---
PSN: ArsenicJoker
#32Kpt_KapowskiPosted 1/18/2014 7:32:06 AM
#hashtags and selfies make me want to choke a *****, so I'm gonna pretend I didn't click that instagram link.

:/
---
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/01/05/EddieLacyBig.gif
#33xHuckleberryPosted 1/18/2014 7:42:29 AM
Millkdudz posted...
xHuckleberry posted...
Do competitive online looter games not exists or something? Thats what everyone wants BL3, right?

No, not nearly everyone

but...but it would fix the economy guys. In fact, there would be an economy.
---
GT: xHuckleberry --- PSN: yafeelme
>Living proof of a dying dream.
#34xrvbchurchxPosted 1/18/2014 4:48:52 PM
WHat about a feature that saves no matter if you dashboard or not, that's how you dupe right? You drop a weapon and dashboard. So if the game saved upon any exiting, than you would lose your weapon you dropped. Like they have that feature for your keys, insta save even if you dashboard
---
Was going to put an awesome RVB quote here, but there's just to many to choose from. So make your own
#35drake_skullPosted 1/18/2014 4:57:02 PM
xrvbchurchx posted...
WHat about a feature that saves no matter if you dashboard or not, that's how you dupe right? You drop a weapon and dashboard. So if the game saved upon any exiting, than you would lose your weapon you dropped. Like they have that feature for your keys, insta save even if you dashboard

Wont work because Dashing is not directly tied into the games coding. MS would have to do that and they just dont care. The only semi-plausible solution is simply tag an item each time a player pics it up, so it gets a list of players who have owned it, updated each time you go online(which of course would require a serverside database for item id's).
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
https://soundcloud.com/shake-like-e
#36Argyle_GargoylePosted 1/18/2014 4:57:03 PM
xrvbchurchx posted...

the reason that they didnt do this is bloated save file sizes. it would make your saves much much larger and unstable. either that, or it would require server side saves that require people to be always online. they sated that they didnt want to force this on their customers
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#37Super CreaturesPosted 1/18/2014 9:19:07 PM
xrvbchurchx posted...
WHat about a feature that saves no matter if you dashboard or not, that's how you dupe right? You drop a weapon and dashboard. So if the game saved upon any exiting, than you would lose your weapon you dropped.

You could still do the other method of duping, which is switching to a different storage device so your main save doesn't get overwritten.

Like they have that feature for your keys, insta save even if you dashboard

Golden Keys, unlocked skins, and BAR are saved to your profile, not a save file, meaning it works a little differently.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#38doughnutman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2014 9:40:34 PM
Super Creatures posted...
xrvbchurchx posted...
WHat about a feature that saves no matter if you dashboard or not, that's how you dupe right? You drop a weapon and dashboard. So if the game saved upon any exiting, than you would lose your weapon you dropped.

You could still do the other method of duping, which is switching to a different storage device so your main save doesn't get overwritten.

Like they have that feature for your keys, insta save even if you dashboard

Golden Keys, unlocked skins, and BAR are saved to your profile, not a save file, meaning it works a little differently.

This. You have to actually use a profile editor for Golden Keys. Which is probably more likely to be bannable than just modding inventory. If you go that way with things, then you're essentially wanting server sided saves.

And as he said, you can still switch storage devices. And you can backup on Cloud. And you can just backup on PC and just re copy things to your USB.

Plus people who dupe for people using Gibbed, don't even care about gear. It's so negligible. When I used gibbed and duped and did a few giveaway type things. I'd just join a game and save and quit, or just drop everything and sit there. And there will probably almost always be a way to edit inventory on Client side saves. So you don't even dupe in that case. You just give everything and then regive yourself gear on gibbed.
---
PSN: ArsenicJoker