HELP: wildlife preservation glitch (SPOILERS)

#1MaxFahrenheitPosted 1/22/2014 4:18:59 PM
ok, this was deleted twice because i didn't realize it was a spoiler so i'll just be as vague (but obvious) as i can since i marked spoilers in the topic title

i was fighting the big bird at the end of Wildlife Preservation in the Wildlife Preserve, got killed, and then nothing would happen when i depleted the boss's hp. it just kept swooping around with none of the side enemies spawning or anything else. quit and reloaded (didn't turn the system off or anything) and the boss just froze in place at half health or so.

i've read up that this glitch was common and a potential fix is to go into another character's game with that quest open, then save and quit so the boss fight can be written over on the save. since i'm on normal it'd be a stretch for anyone to coincidentally be at the same place i am, can i do this with one of my other characters? get one of them to the same mission, start a guest profile, load my main char to the guest profile, then save and quit that way? i've done all the side quests up to this point so my main is 4 or 5 levels over the quest level, it's not a challenge to blitz through the area if i need to leave.... i just need advice so i can continue my main character

i will be randomly making backups on the cloud from now on
---
www.ocwrestling.net
#2Th3_endPosted 1/22/2014 4:28:56 PM
you're fighting big bird? where is this sesame street easter egg at??
---
tmb?
i like mgs3 a lot o.o
#3MaxFahrenheit(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 4:42:26 PM(edited)
Th3_end posted...
you're fighting big bird? where is this sesame street easter egg at??

lol, i admit i'm being paranoid... because apparently naming said bird boss was exactly why the mod said my topics were deleted. i don't want to take any chances because i'm over 35hrs into my 1st character and REALLY don't want to be stuck

edit: Wildlife Preservation is the name of my active quest if confusion was caused because it's in the wildlife exploitation preserve
---
www.ocwrestling.net
#4macavelePosted 1/22/2014 6:41:03 PM(edited)
No, your char is linked to your profile and a guest doesn't have access to your chars. To do what your are talking about you would have to create a second account, run them to that point in the game and then log in your account on the second controller.

Ironically, i have a level 72 krieg that I haven't played with much, so he is still on normal. Soon as I get a chance I will hop on and see where I am in the story line but I don't THINK he's that far yet. If he's not it's easy for me to run through and get there. Send me a message and I can send an invite as soon as I am there.

GT Don Macavele
---
" Dibs on the Vaults"
Offering BL2 assistance to nearly anyone on anything, especially gear.
#5xlinerPosted 1/22/2014 6:46:30 PM
macavele posted...
Ironically, i have a level 72 krieg that I haven't played with much, so he is still on normal.

sick powerlevel bro
---
Official clinker of the Borderlands 2 Board
xliner is probably an eridian - 3CDED / http://i.imgur.com/HazHHmG.png
#6MaxFahrenheit(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 7:06:30 PM
macavele posted...
No, your char is linked to your profile and a guest doesn't have access to your chars. To do what your are talking about you would have to create a second account, run them to that point in the game and then log in your account on the second controller.

Ironically, i have a level 72 krieg that I haven't played with much, so he is still on normal. Soon as I get a chance I will hop on and see where I am in the story line but I don't THINK he's that far yet. If he's not it's easy for me to run through and get there. Send me a message and I can send an invite as soon as I am there.

GT Don Macavele

thanks for the information. i sent you a pm with the details since i have too much to do right now and the gf will yell at me even if she catches me on gamefaqs instead of putting in my job applications lol
---
www.ocwrestling.net
#7Super CreaturesPosted 1/22/2014 8:37:24 PM
MaxFahrenheit posted...
because apparently naming said bird boss was exactly why the mod said my topics were deleted.

Well, if you would use a proper spoiler warning in the title without including the spoiler in the title (like you did this time) or used spoiler tags to hide the spoilers in your post like you are supposed to you wouldn't get modded for posting spoilers without warning.

There is no need to be paranoid if you actually follow the rules.

Also, how the **** do you not realize that saying you have to fight Bloodwing is a spoiler?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#8MaxFahrenheit(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 8:55:57 PM
Super Creatures posted...
Also, how the **** do you not realize that saying you have to fight Bloodwing is a spoiler?

i've seen a lot of topics that have boss names in them, i got tunnel vision and only thought in terms of a glitch in a boss fight... believe me, i felt like a total knob when the mod told me how pathetic my mistake was, i've never been modded for posting a spoiler until this. i'm glad that they'll take down topics with spoilers and can do it so quickly
---
www.ocwrestling.net
#9macavelePosted 1/22/2014 10:09:51 PM
xliner posted...
macavele posted...
Ironically, i have a level 72 krieg that I haven't played with much, so he is still on normal.

sick powerlevel bro

Yep, won't lie. Did it all myself with a second account, so not like I had someone else do it for me. And since I'm actually not interested in Krieg (got him free though so....) I figure no harm no foul.
---
" Dibs on the Vaults"
Offering BL2 assistance to nearly anyone on anything, especially gear.
#10xlinerPosted 1/22/2014 10:14:55 PM
>is not interested in the most fun character in the game

I am disappoint
---
Official clinker of the Borderlands 2 Board
xliner is probably an eridian - 3CDED / http://i.imgur.com/HazHHmG.png