Let's talk about allegiance playthroughs

#1killbot357Posted 1/22/2014 10:42:56 PM
Which manufacturer would you choose? See below for description - Results (41 votes)
Bandit
9.76% (4 votes)
Dahl
7.32% (3 votes)
Hyperion
4.88% (2 votes)
Maliwan
29.27% (12 votes)
Tediore
0% (0 votes)
Torgue
24.39% (10 votes)
Vladof
24.39% (10 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Let's say you got crazy about doing an allegiance playthrough, with the following rules:

You can only ever equip items by that manufacturer. If you choose Torgue, you can only use Torgue items - this includes shield, grenade mod, class mod, the works.

I think a Vladof playthrough with Zer0 would be a ton of fun, and he's who I would choose. I like Vladof anyway, and they've got a nice selection of guns, grenade mods, class mods and shields.

What about you guys?
---
XBOX / PSN: illbzo1 Twitter: @illbzo1
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, XCOM: Enemy Within
#2doughnutmanPosted 1/22/2014 10:47:02 PM
Zero and torque.

Swordsplosion shoots straight.
Doug has a smaller spread.
Flakker has more range.
Slower explosives become rather effective.

And flakkers are fun.
---
PSN: ArsenicJoker
#3PryorbeastPosted 1/22/2014 10:50:06 PM
I went Vladof for the sham and storm front. I honestly can't think of a gun other than the rapier without looking but I'm sure they have a few good ones. Almost went bandit for the thumper but bandit guns are no fun.

Zer0 is always my first choice character.
---
XBL: Pryor Beast
Kik/Line Mobile Apps: Pryorbeast
#4xlinerPosted 1/22/2014 10:54:34 PM
Maya and Maliwan, because Technetronic SubMavolent Grace.
---
Official clinker of the Borderlands 2 Board
xliner is probably an eridian - 3CDED / http://i.imgur.com/HazHHmG.png
#5stickboy2323Posted 1/22/2014 11:17:02 PM
Bandit Krieg.

Early game is hell because malay shields don't start showing up until you get to Sanctuary but other than that he has so many options. Nearly all of his class mods are Bandit made, 2 different types of grenades (MIRV and bouncing betties), and the mag sizes you can achieve with ranks in BFG is ludicrous.
---
Badass Rank: 15
#6inloveanddeath0Posted 1/23/2014 2:25:17 AM(edited)
Everything shield wise is Tedoiore until Sanctuary. Kind of a loss there
---
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/7152/inloveanddeath.png
http://www.last.fm/user/PolarPolaroids
#7LaharPosted 1/23/2014 3:00:29 AM
I'm putting more weight in class mods than other gear types, like which of my preferred mods could I still use in an allegiance PT.

In that regard, Bandit Krieg by a mile. All of his class mods are Bandit so I could go any route in terms of build.

Other manufacturers I'd consider are Maliwan (Maya or Zer0), Hyperion (Zer0 or Gaige), and Vladof (Gaige or Salvador).
---
I said runt.
#8stickboy2323Posted 1/23/2014 3:07:10 AM(edited)
inloveanddeath0 posted...
Everything shield wise is Tedoiore until Sanctuary. Kind of a loss there

And Tediore only makes 2 class mods, both for Gaige, the Jill of All Trades and Necromancer mods. And the JoAT mod would be stupid on a Tediore Gaige since it enhances assault rifles which, of course, Tediore does not make.
---
Badass Rank: 15
#9LaharPosted 1/23/2014 3:14:12 AM
In all fairness, Jill of All Trades is stupid to begin with. Boost to AR mag size yet it can add ranks to Smaller, Lighter, Faster.
---
I said runt.
#10Argyle_GargoylePosted 1/23/2014 6:21:51 AM
i have done both vladof (on zer0) and am currently doing a Dahl (on Axton) and theyre pretty fun.

vladof is pretty awesome TBH. dont love their shields, but everything else is fun to use and more than viable.

dahl is a bit tougher, but if you get some decent dahl gear, it isnt too bad
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!