So what exactly are golden chest & golden keys?

#1NeoGeoXSegaPosted 2/3/2014 4:43:19 PM(edited)
I have the GOTY edition & I got to the first city & there was a golden chest & told me I can used a golden key only once.

So does that mean I can only use the chest only once or can I just use that chest repeatedly for every golden key I get?
So opening the chest will give me a rare random loot drop? Is the loot scaled to my level or is it a predetermined prize?

I searched & found this site with codes fro keys
http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key

There are like 30 codes, & no expiration dates for any of them, do they all still work?
Seems it will take a long ass time to redeem all of them.

EDIT
I tried entering them in xbox.com's redeem code section & none of them work.

---
I'm still using Glitches & downloading Saves! TRY & STOP ME GAMEFAQS!
http://i.minus.com/iB8tNWOJUBBtH.gif
#2macmaniganPosted 2/3/2014 4:53:05 PM
Yes, you can use the chest repeatedly, using up a key each time. You can even do it multiple times in a row.

You will get purple items at your current level.

They are pretty useful on your first playthrough.

I haven't used that sight for keys, I just look out for keys codes on Facebook and the forums.
---
---------------------------------------
#3sikboyjPosted 2/3/2014 5:27:01 PM
You need to go to the main menu and sign-up for SHIFT in the "extra" menu I believe.
---
#4Super CreaturesPosted 2/3/2014 5:39:40 PM
NeoGeoXSega posted...
I tried entering them in xbox.com's redeem code section & none of them work.

Maybe you should actually try reading that page on orcz.com, you might learn a thing or two.

Or not, based on previous posts from you that I have seen over the years.

NeoGeoXSega posted...
There are like 30 codes, & no expiration dates for any of them, do they all still work?

Yes, they are pretty quick to label codes as expired if they don't work, and remove them once it has been confirmed the code has expired.

macmanigan posted...
You will get purple items at your current level.

Except if you get relics, those will only be blue.

You can also get E-tech weapons, which are not the same as normal purple items.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#5NeoGeoXSega(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2014 8:45:37 PM
sikboyj posted...
You need to go to the main menu and sign-up for SHIFT in the "extra" menu I believe.

I was afraid of this, I'll have to manually type in the codes with the Xbox controller.

Super Creatures, nice seeing another Ancient. What boards did you frequent that you saw me on?
---
I'm still using Glitches & downloading Saves! TRY & STOP ME GAMEFAQS!
http://i.minus.com/iB8tNWOJUBBtH.gif
#6Kurgan777Posted 2/3/2014 10:44:14 PM
NeoGeoXSega posted...
sikboyj posted...

I was afraid of this, I'll have to manually type in the codes with the Xbox controller.

So go buy the controller keyboard add-on for like $10 used, makes texting and entering codes so much easier.

Yes, you need a SHIFT account, and all the codes on that site you linked to are current, use the ones in the RIGHT column for the 360 and use the codes at the bottom first, those will expire first, plus you need a Gold account on Live to be able to use the keys at all.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !