Special Loot Poll - Doughnut edition

#1doughnutmanPosted 2/16/2014 5:28:49 PM
Loot rates. and how they've changed. your opinion. - Results (50 votes)
I believe loot rates are fine and have improved over when the game first released.
20% (10 votes)
In my opinion loot rates could be increased more and I was here at the beginning.
34% (17 votes)
I think loot rates are too low now and I didn't play in the beginning.
14% (7 votes)
Other - normally try to include options.
2% (1 votes)
doughnutman needs to make cupcake sized cheesecakes
6% (3 votes)
peanut butter and chocolate fudge.
6% (3 votes)
peanut butter and caramel fudge.
2% (1 votes)
other - You decide!
4% (2 votes)
My priorities are bad. And I'm choosing this to avoid choosing food related choices over game choices.
10% (5 votes)
N/A
2% (1 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So yeah. What the poll says guys.

I believe loot has vastly improved. I remembered having a week of game time on zero when I first started. Didn't see a single legendary just going through and killing for fun. And i had to kill HH over 60 times for a Bee and now I get one in like 15 tries or so.

And E-Tech guns were like current legendary drops. I had maybe two E-Tech weapons after a week of time.

Come back to borderlands after there being many updates. And i found E-Tech gear as if they were blues on vanilla borderlands 2.

I feel like a lot of recent people who complain about farming never had to experience the game at release. So they don't really know what it used to be like.
---
PSN: ArsenicJoker
#2ValensGhostPosted 2/16/2014 6:19:13 PM
I've been here since the beginning and the drop rates HAVE improved, but I still think a few bosses and items could stand for a bit of tweaking.

As I understand it, most bosses have a drop rate around 3 to 3.5%. I think that's fine. But some, like BNK-3R, are closer to 1%. And because he supposedly has a higher chance of dropping two different legendaries, that basically means you have about 1/2% of actually getting the one you're hoping for, and that's not even counting one with the parts/stats you want or even the correct level. To me, that's a bit extreme. Yes, some people get a Sham on their 10th try (random is random). Others (like me), can kill the jerk close to 600 times and still never see one.

Then there are the drops that are straight-up broken. Some, like Doc Mercy and Savage Lee, have been fixed, but I believe the drop rate for the Cobra is still effed up (something like 1,000,000/1 against).

Personally, I've always had pretty terrible luck farming bosses for specific items I want, but I've been pretty fortunate with random drops from farming LLMs. So all in all it's not something I'll complain about too much.

TA
#3drake_skullPosted 2/16/2014 6:22:49 PM
lol The Cobra drop rate is doable. Its not nearly as bad as that one ultimate weapon in FF XII or w/e where it was crazy bad odds to get it.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
https://soundcloud.com/shake-like-e
#4xlinerPosted 2/16/2014 6:24:32 PM
On topic, I don't care anymore.

Off topic, dem slutty brownies
---
Shut up and let me be naked!
xliner is probably an eridian - 3CDED / http://i.imgur.com/HazHHmG.png
#5DemotivatingPosted 2/16/2014 6:27:00 PM(edited)
drake_skull posted...
lol The Cobra drop rate is doable. Its not nearly as bad as that one ultimate weapon in FF XII or w/e where it was crazy bad odds to get it.

No, but you could manipulate the RNG in that game to spawn that weapon (Zodiac Spear I think is what you're talking about) every time. Could easily get 99 of them.

Also, it wasn't that good end-game. Only good if you got it early (which is easily doable).
#6drake_skullPosted 2/16/2014 6:29:19 PM
xliner posted...
On topic, I don't care anymore.

Off topic, dem slutty brownies

Why not slutty cheese cake?

On Topic FF XII had terrible drop rates anyway, but it was not RNG. It was set items from set places with a % chance of the item being there. And unless its a more recent discovery I searched it out and could never find an easy way to get the item because I opened the wrong chest at some point in the game which was just a terrible design choice. Bl2 drop rates are much better than the Launch drop rates were.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
https://soundcloud.com/shake-like-e
#7doughnutman(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2014 6:31:34 PM
drake_skull posted...

The one where you had to open a chest and it was the only place the weapon spawned and it had low chances of being in there?

Or the weapon you couldn't get I'd you open one of the chests you weren't supposed to?

I think FFX had a harder item to acquire. Having to get 00:00 time on the chocobo race.

And the first poster. I know what you mean. The sham drop rate is incredibly low. And getting anything from terramorphous outside of a class mod is overly time consuming as well imo. At least I've had terrible luck.
---
PSN: ArsenicJoker
#8DemotivatingPosted 2/16/2014 6:33:05 PM
drake_skull posted...
On Topic FF XII had terrible drop rates anyway, but it was not RNG. It was set items from set places with a % chance of the item being there. And unless its a more recent discovery I searched it out and could never find an easy way to get the item because I opened the wrong chest at some point in the game which was just a terrible design choice. Bl2 drop rates are much better than the Launch drop rates were.

There definitely is a RNG manipulation method you could do. It's how I got multiple copies of some of the best gear in that game. You probably just missed the time when that discovery was made. You could probably just search RNG on the FFXII board and find it.
#9ValensGhostPosted 2/16/2014 6:33:08 PM
drake_skull posted...

Never actually tried for it, although I did grab a few during the loot hunt. I'm just judging by some of the videos I've seen where people have tried manipulating the drop rates on pc to show how bad they are and the fact that someone from Gearbox flat-out admitted that it was broken (I think it was in one of their blog posts).

TA
#10xlinerPosted 2/16/2014 6:33:27 PM
doughnutman posted...
I think FFX had a harder item to acquire. Having to get 00:00 time on the chocobo race.

The only time I actually broke my controller over a game.
F*** that game, but I'm getting it again on PS3 lol.
---
Shut up and let me be naked!
xliner is probably an eridian - 3CDED / http://i.imgur.com/HazHHmG.png