You know what i miss from Borderlands?

#1Anarki471Posted 3/4/2014 1:21:53 PM
I miss that you could often see the weapon a random bandit was carrying and know which company made it and then when you killed that bandit they dropped that same weapon i know it was only a little thing but i liked it, and thought it was a nice touch.

Does anyone else have something they miss from the first game that the wish had been in BL2?
---
Honestly, when do you feel the need to aim for crits when everything is on fire? "xliner"
#2Kpt_KapowskiPosted 3/4/2014 1:23:45 PM
Atlas, and the loot system in general.
---
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/01/05/EddieLacyBig.gif
Love is no fun with protection
#3RasenangelPosted 3/4/2014 1:25:22 PM
A high amount of boss cut scenes and a low amount of ally cut scenes.
---
GT: Rasenangel
Starting on Pyro Pete's health AAANNNDDD ITS GONE!
#4Anarki471(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 1:29:06 PM(edited)
Yeah i miss Atlas weapons too, i had the Ogre machine gun and the Aries revolver on my soldier and those 2 through the Underdome

Edit

I also miss the quick respawns, it can't be just me that thinks the respawns in BL2 take too long compared to the first game, plus why isn't the respawn animation skippable?
---
Honestly, when do you feel the need to aim for crits when everything is on fire? "xliner"
#5mooninomicsPosted 3/4/2014 1:34:38 PM
While badass ranks kind of make up for it, I liked weapon proficiencies. I thought they were fun. Probably because they were. I'd love to see a mix of both badass ranks for general stats and weapon proficiencies that increase the effectiveness of specific weapon types through use.

I, too, miss enemies using the weapons they would drop. It was nice. And with the larger variety of enemies in BL2 already, it could've lead to some interesting combinations.

On a more specific note, I miss my Pestilent Defiler.
---
Life is too short.
#6xHuckleberryPosted 3/4/2014 1:45:44 PM
I mostly miss the loot, too.

Not really the loot, but how the loot worked and generated more like it.

I really like BL2 more, tho.
---
GT: xHuckleberry --- PSN: yafeelme ---- Steam: xhuckleberry(IM YER HUCKLEBERRY)
>Living proof of a dying dream.
#7killbot357Posted 3/4/2014 1:48:24 PM
I'd like a combination of BL1 and BL2's loot systems for the next game. I like that bosses and other enemies have specific drops, but I'd like bandits using certain guns to be able to drop those guns.
---
XBOX / PSN: illbzo1 Twitter: @illbzo1
Currently playing: Bravely Default, Ni No Kuni
#8Anarki471(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 1:51:58 PM
I preferred the weapon proficiency system to the BA ranks at first but the BA ranks just give better bonuses, and while you could get any weapon proficiency to max it did feel like you we getting better with the weapons
---
#9getLEVERAGEPosted 3/4/2014 1:59:36 PM
mooninomics posted...
While badass ranks kind of make up for it, I liked weapon proficiencies. I thought they were fun. Probably because they were. I'd love to see a mix of both badass ranks for general stats and weapon proficiencies that increase the effectiveness of specific weapon types through use.

I, too, miss enemies using the weapons they would drop. It was nice. And with the larger variety of enemies in BL2 already, it could've lead to some interesting combinations.

On a more specific note, I miss my Pestilent Defiler.

I hope BAR is done away with, completely. It's just a semi flawed gimmick that was easily abused/exploited by some. Instead, I'd love to see individual weapon proficiencies. You use a certain weapon a lot, you get better with it. Reload speed is increased, swap speed increase, accuracy, aim speed, etc. It'd be cool if you unlocked new animations when swapping to that weapon, reloading, and just holding it showing the comfort and skill you have amassed with that particular weapon.

Anyway, I miss the Chimera and the all black Cobra.
---
Aye you guys, aye! Y'all got your helmets on backwards... Jus sayin.
#10Anarki471(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 2:06:17 PM
@getLEVERAGE

Weirdly i've been playing Borderlands lately (main reason i made this topic) and i got a Torgue Cobra from Crawmerax yesterday... spooky eh?
---