Eridium farming

#1AdjitatorPosted 3/11/2014 8:30:20 PM
Currently I am lvl 25, at the just finished the slab king quest in the main story.

What would be the best place to farm eridium at the moment, other than just questing and killing killing?

I've been doing most of the side quests while going through, but play time is limited, due to the wonderful world of truck driving.

Any tips would be helpful, no need to offer to boost or powerlevel, since the times i have access to live are random, trying to meet up would be a pain in the butt
---
GT -Adjitator X
#2PDGMTGPosted 3/11/2014 8:38:29 PM
At this point in your game, farming Eridium is less important than it may seem. Ammo throughout the game is very plentiful, and all Eridium is used for is ammo upgrades and Raid boss access. I wouldn't even start to think about that until you're close to level cap.

At that point, the best way is to jump back into Normal and have a go at farming the Dragons in the Tina DLC.
---
-Just Some Random
#3Adjitator(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 8:48:21 PM
I figured its not too important, but if I'm planning on farming a little to kill time, may as well be for something useful. I get an hour or so a night while waiting for my truck to be unloaded, so some nights I farm, others I burn a few quests.
---
GT -Adjitator X
#4mooninomicsPosted 3/11/2014 8:48:59 PM
Many bosses drop good amounts of eridium. I remember farming Old Slappy while looking for a Striker. I probably got 200 Eridium before the Striker dropped. And Old Slappy isn't a very good one to farm, either, he only drops a few bars each time. More important bosses tend to be the better way to go. If you're really determined to farm eridium, I'd say make a little more progress and then farm the final boss. He's pretty easy and he drops a lot of eridium.
---
Life is too short.
#5Kurgan777Posted 3/11/2014 9:15:52 PM
BNK-3R drops about 9 eridium average.

The Warrior drops between 20-25 each time.

The Dragons are the real big payout for eridium, usually you get between 65-80 from the dragons, and another 10-15 from the mimics and red dice chests if you don't pay to open them.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#6shnangyboosPosted 3/11/2014 9:46:17 PM
You can either wait a couple missions until you get to BNK3R, or go for the slot machines. I always farm the slot machines a little in the early game.
---
How's my posting?
Call http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=588037 for any comments.
#7Adjitator(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 11:04:01 PM
I've been farming the slots, but looking for something faster/more.consistent.

What level is the Tina dlc? I have the got version, so have it, just haven't bothered with any of the dlc yet
---
GT -Adjitator X
#8WarsteelIXPosted 3/12/2014 12:47:26 AM
Adjitator posted...
I've been farming the slots, but looking for something faster/more.consistent.

What level is the Tina dlc? I have the got version, so have it, just haven't bothered with any of the dlc yet

Level 30 is the suggested starting level for it in Normal...
#9PDGMTGPosted 3/12/2014 7:11:54 AM
I wouldn't recommend the dragons at a low level. They are a raid boss so unless you are highly overlevelled, they are probably going to be more trouble than they are worth.

If you have Zero and spec into B0re, then the Bunker is probably your best option. Otherwise, I would say quests are probably the best.
---
-Just Some Random